PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report (Unconfirmed) - Patriots sign Brandon Browner

Status
Not open for further replies.
No...but he DOES have a colonoscopy scheduled....emergency surgery...got something stuck way up in there...

My gut feeling is the longer this goes without confirmation of a Patriots signing, the less likely he is to be a Patriot. Hope I am wrong.

I think the cancelled Skins meeting is a good indication that things look good for the Pats because we know the Skins would almost certainly offer more money.

Now of course Browner's agent is trying to do damage control by claiming that the "meeting will happen today."

My gut feeling is the longer this goes without confirmation of a Patriots signing, the less likely he is to be a Patriot. Hope I am wrong.

I agree. The longer the wait, the slimmer the chances he signs.

And I too, hope I'm wrong.

Sure glad this is over Browner not Revis. I want Browner but obviously Revis was the game changer and I would have gone crazy dealing with this over Revis for 12+ hours.

No...but he DOES have a colonoscopy scheduled....emergency surgery...got something stuck way up in there...

Must have been some hockey game last night.

So, does that A hole have a hockey game today, or is he available to do his job?

Nope, today he ices up. He should be back to work by next wednesday provided his co-ed kickball game goes off as scheduled.

generally I would agree but I think his contract probably needs a while to be figured out. I heard something like he can't be paid for the first 8 weeks because of the suspension. The player would therefore want the contract backloaded but there are probably restrictions on that, thus the delay.

did someone say bad joke???

OK....Unca Joe has one for ya....

How do you catch a unique rabbit?........

Give up?

pressing nose down with thumb and lisping...

You nique up on him....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Q: How do you catch a polar bear?

A: You make a hole in the ice and line it with peas. When the bear goes in to take a pea, you kick him in the ice hole.

browner has officially been labeled 'not worth the hassle'

Does anyone think we could move Browner to safety. Be that Rodney Harrison hitter.

Do I feel like the agent is going to mess this whole thing. Browner probably had the base terms he wanted and the agent started nit picking language and tried to use "other teams" as a way to boost the money. Probably had to leave in the middle to lace up his skates. Browner thought that everything was kosher but had no clue his agent was busy getting checked into the wall and therefor forgot what he was supposed to do.

this all probably happened because bob kraft walked into BB's office with a gin and tonic in each hand, saw browner and said 'what the f*** is brandon spikes doing here?'

Does anyone think we could move Browner to safety. Be that Rodney Harrison hitter.
I'd really like to see if Browner can blanket cover the athletic TE's that are becoming the norm in this league.

this all probably happened because bob kraft walked into bb's office with a gin and tonic in each hand, saw browner and said 'what the f*** is brandon spikes doing here?'

:d:d:d:d:d:d

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 20s
Per @RapSheet "Browner agreed to deal last night per people real close to him, regardless of where he visits, chances are he signs in NE"

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 56s
.@Rapsheet sticking by his report last night and say on Mut and Merloni he's agreed to the deal, regardless of where he visits.

browner has officially been labeled 'not worth the hassle'

Browner agreed to a deal according to sources, his agent is the one who should be fired and never again dealt with one the Browner deal is taken care of.

Browner is potentially the guy that everybody wanted A. Wilson to be last season. He should definitely be labeled under "worth the hassle" if he can play like he did for SEA.

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 20s
Brandon Browner still hanging loose in the Bay State, I'm hearing

So, this flight to Washington that was supposed to happen yesterday, and now this morning...? It's 12:31 PM EST.

I'd really like to see if Browner can blanket cover the athletic TE's that are becoming the norm in this league.

I think that's exactly what Belichick has in mind for him. He's going to match him up situationally to get the most out of him, he's not going to put him on guys like Steve Smith or Cruz, he's going to match him up with the bigger slot guys and outside receivers with size. If tey get this done they are going to have all sorts of flexibility with their secondary.

Per @RapSheet "Browner agreed to deal last night per people real close to him, regardless of where he visits, chances are he signs in NE"

.@Rapsheet sticking by his report last night and say on Mut and Merloni he's agreed to the deal, regardless of where he visits.

Browner agreed to a deal according to sources, his agent is the one who should be fired and never again dealt with one the Browner deal is taken care of.

Browner is potentially the guy that everybody wanted A. Wilson to be last season. He should definitely be labeled under "worth the hassle" if he can play like he did for SEA.

Isn't Loyko the guy that was wrong about pretty much everything last offseason? I'll believe Browner is a Patriot when Schefter confirms it.

Thanks,man. Best news of the day. Hopefully we can focus on WR and/or OL now. DT should wait until the draft.

I think that's exactly what Belichick has in mind for him. He's going to match him up situationally to get the most out of him, he's not going to put him on guys like Steve Smith or Cruz, he's going to match him up with the bigger slot guys and outside receivers with size. If tey get this done they are going to have all sorts of flexibility with their secondary.
Indeed, that's exactly how I see it unfolding as well.

I'm actually VERY excited to see how it all comes together ..... presuming Browner does end up signing on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST