PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots very interested in Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this thread to be an embarrassment to the intelligence of the board. Are you kidding me. 11 pages and close to 100 posts on a completely unsubstantiated, nonsensical trade rumors. What's next, a 10 page thread on why the Pats should trade Gronk.

I am ashamed of my own participation

I find this thread to be an embarrassment to the intelligence of the board. Are you kidding me. 11 pages and close to 100 posts on a completely unsubstantiated, nonsensical trade rumors. What's next, a 10 page thread on why the Pats should trade Gronk.

Lmao im literally laughing amen Ken

Lmao im literally laughing amen Ken
That was my initial reaction too. It wasn't embarrassing until I saw so many people giving it credence. I didn't realize so many people were that gullible.

I'd like to discuss this more but I have to go and start another thread on Wes Welker

That was my initial reaction too. It wasn't embarrassing until I saw so many people giving it credence. I didn't realize so many people were that gullible.

I'd like to discuss this more but I have to go and start another thread on Wes Welker

I think the consensus by some is the offense would collapse and Brady would turn into Mark Sanchez without Welker, no need for another thread :D

What do you expect..we lost the afc champ game..people are looking for any and everything for answers to our problems even if there isn't a chance in hell...trust me..i don't get it either.

Because there is an abundance of Patriots-related news to discuss at this time? Please feel free to use the ignore thread feature, Ken.

The team has won nothing with Welker.....discuss amongst yourself

Because there is an abundance of Patriots-related news to discuss at this time? Please feel free to use the ignore thread feature, Ken.

It is kind of funny that the one poster who uses PatsFans.com as his free weekly therapy session unloading his inner most football feelings has a problem with an off season bull session.

It is kind of funny that the one poster who uses PatsFans.com as his free weekly therapy session unloading his inner most football feelings has a problem with an off season bull session.

I go to therapy because of this forum...

That's the point. In the Pats doldrums times it can sometimes be fun to follow idiotic threads, which same threads are annoying as Hell given real Pats news. The Ignore Thread feature really improved my user experience here.

How much of that money will any of his descendants actually see?

Once you factor in all of the deadbeat relatives and friends who parasite off of a player? The fact that everytime that player and his friends and family do something the player is expected to pay? That everytime that player's friends or family are in financial need them come to him with their hand out? The fact that the estate tax makes it impossible to pass on static wealth over generations?

I don't know how much they'll see, but it validates why NFL players should go after as much money as they can.

To be fair, the link shows up as "very interested" even though there is nothing remotely close to that phrase in the article.

It's the total decline in journalistic standards.

What is the point of ignore thread? Couldn't you just not click on the thread lol? To each his own I guess.

That's the point. In the Pats doldrums times it can sometimes be fun to follow idiotic threads, which same threads are annoying as Hell given real Pats news. The Ignore Thread feature really improved my user experience here.

It really is a great tool. Just yesterday, I spewed hate for TB=TD in the "Trade Gronk for Revis" thread, then ignored it.

What is the point of ignore thread? Couldn't you just not click on the thread lol? To each his own I guess.

For lowlives such as myself that have 10,000+ posts on this forum and regularly surf it during their work day, it makes the board less cluttered. You don't have to sift through the garbage threads, such as the one mentioned in my last post, to get to the juicy ones. Just try it. You'll thank me later. :cool:

Guys the ever knowledgable Keyshaun Johnson thinks Revis should come to the Pats, it must be eminent!

How much of that money will any of his descendants actually see? Revis might be an exception, but most NFL players who make lots of money also spend lots of money.

I love how people try to insert their value system into a football players decision. Different people value money different ways, and want it for different reasons. Those that have it typically thirst for more and those that don't typically take the money doesn't buy happiness route.
The best of all though is the give up money for a championship mentality.
A guy like Revis believes that a team will win a Championship because of him. He will never think he has to go to a team that will win one for him. Ego is inseperable from many of these players.

That article mentions getting Revis, means getting the Super Bowl. False. No one player is going to give us the Super Bowl, even if that player is Calvin Johnson. We had the teams to get us a Super Bowl 7 of the past 8 years, we just have to finish off the season. Can't keep crapping the bed in the playoffs.

We have a Super Bowl team, despite our flaws on offense and defense. Every team has flaws.

Whether it be the Patriots or any other NFL team, I see two values for Darrelle Revis: one based on his current contract, and a second one based on receiving approval from the Jets to negotiate a contract extension with him prior to the trade.

If the Jets want to receive the maximum value in return for a trade then they would be wise to allow potential trade partners to negotiate with Revis on a contract extension. If not they can expect much less on that trade since he would then only be a one-year rental.

If a team is not a legitimate Super Bowl contender then it makes no sense to give up early draft pick(s) in exchange for a player that will be there for only one year. That reduces the number of possible trade partners from 31 to about a half dozen.

Zero trophies since Ty Law left ........................................................pot................................................................................................................................................................................................................stirred

Zero trophies since Rohan Davey left ........................................................pot................................................................................................................................................................................................................stop smoking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes