PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Kraft has had discussions about potentially moving on from Belichick

If Kraft parts ways with BB I always thought after 23 years and 6 titles BB would get the courtesy of resigning or retiring gracefully instead of the team firing him outright.

Now I'm not so sure they will give him that courtesy.

Billy doesn't deserve that courtesy.

Replace BB with who?

If it happens during the season, then O'Brien will likely be named interim HC; if it happens on Black Monday, then it depends on who is available...
One thing is absolutely certain however: #FireTheGroceryShopperNow #AndAlGroh'sKidToo

Plus he’s paying the top salary for bottom salary performance.
This is business,
Question is trading for vs trading out.
Who is in charge of that Bill or Matt?

Neither, if ownership really knows what's good for the future of its franchise.

If it happens during the season, then O'Brien will likely be named interim HC; if it happens on Black Monday, then it depends on who is available...
One thing is absolutely certain however: #FireTheGroceryShopperNow #AndAlGroh'sKidToo
Once the season ends hope they move fast on finding a GM.

The new GM has a lot of work to do this offseason.

BB needs to start Cunningham or Greer right away.

The Playoffs are still in sight
In a way, yeah, they're only around 2 games out of a wild card spot. Issue is they still have two very difficult games coming up. However, if they can somehow steal a win here and figure something out and get back on track (feels unlikely, but let's just say), their schedule softens, and the rest of the teams fighting for wild card spots all start either playing each other or playing the top teams in the AFC or NFC and will likely start taking losses themselves. So there is an opportunity to get back into the mix... but they need to get wins... obviously.

He's made his bed with the media, so now he's gotta lie in it. They've waited 20 years to stick it too him. IMO fans should be defending him, but too many listen to sports radio and get wrapped up in the negativity surrounding Bill.

It's an ugly way to finish, much like Tom Landry and Coughlin before him. The man is a legend, and as poorly as it's ending, the next man surely will not lead the team to 6 more super bowls. But let's run the old bastard out of here and make sure everyone knows what a douche nozzle he is.

It's sad. Everyone has turned on him, forgetting all that was accomplished here.

Bill's an Incompetent AND an *******, and 26-31 since the main reason for those 6 SBs left here. **** him.

#FireTheGroceryShopperNow

#AndAlGroh'sKidToo

If Patrick Surtain goes to Philly I want whoever gets Howies coffee
In the morning as our next GM.

Fire BB? Crazy talk. This is Felger/Adam Jones talk, ugh. If Kraft does fire BB, it will be a disaster and we will all look back at the BB era as the salad days of this organization.

We're already doing that now, so...?

The team can be fixed with one offseason of good drafts and FA signings....but I guess Kraft would have to wrest control of the GM decisions from BB and give it to someone really, really good.

#AndAlGroh'sKidToo

Bill's an Incompetent AND an *******, and 26-31 since the main reason for those 6 SBs left here. **** him.

#AndAlGroh'sKidToo
Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

If BB wants to give the GM duties to someone else, I’m more than fine with retaining him as a coach. But we will have to address the rest of the staff. His son wouldn’t be coaching anywhere on the NFL level if not for his dad hiring him, for example. I have a lot more confidence in BB as a coach than I do in BB as a GM.

Ownership should NEVER allow Billy to "give" GM duties to ANYONE of his own choosing.

In a way, yeah, they're only around 2 games out of a wild card spot. Issue is they still have two very difficult games coming up. However, if they can somehow steal a win here and figure something out and get back on track (feels unlikely, but let's just say), their schedule softens, and the rest of the teams fighting for wild card spots all start either playing each other or playing the top teams in the AFC or NFC and will likely start taking losses themselves. So there is an opportunity to get back into the mix... but they need to get wins... obviously.
Starting Cunningham will be the clearest sign yet that they are in full tank mode

Nothing would be more out of touch than firing bill. I would never forgive Kraft for that. Especially mid season

You don’t do that

You can take to the bank that if Kraft wants Bill gone he will offer to let Bill resign. That’s just standard NFL practice for almost any coach and especially for one with Bill’s tenure and accomplishments. It also damages the brand (and is a poor financial decision) to show any public signs of discord or hostility between the team and Belichick.

If Bill is fired in-season that’s his decision to choose the hard way.

So this genius writer thinks that professional football players sit out of practice when they are healthy because a conspiracy theory is more important than their careers?

No, professional football players sit out practice when they're healthy because they're ****ing slackers making bid-ness decisions with no loyalty whatsoever to the franchise except for the game checks.

#Patsies

You'd have to think that Bill is smart enough to know he's not getting it done, Tedi Bruschi alluded to that fact earlier this week.

He should 100% be allowed to resign/retire under his own authority. Any talk of firing him mid-season is ludicrous, done by people with an axe to grind, and should be given zero credibility. Kraft knows that Bill Belichick and Tom Brady made the Kraft family millions of dollars and changed the value of the franchise forever, and he's not about to damage that by making a knee jerk reaction because some talking head or internet keyboard cowboy has his panties in a bunch.

The scenario of Bill being too stubborn and giving Kraft no choice is not going to happen, much to the chagrin of aforementioned haters. Bill will almost certainly bow out, which again was alluded to by Tedi.

Fire Bill Now folks will have to calm themselves. He will be retired, and he will be given an elegant send off. He's not gonna end up like Ned Stark with his head on a spike. (see what I did there?)

Game Of Thrones Emmys GIF by IMDb

#AndAlGroh'sKidToo

Ownership should NEVER allow Billy to "give" GM duties to ANYONE of his own choosing.
With the way he’s been drafting over the last decade plus? I should certainly hope not. What I meant is this - if he wants to hand off the GM duties (say, to John Dorsey), I’m fine with keeping him as a HC no matter how the seasons turns out. BB cannot maintain the GM duties, though.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back