PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Jets reconsidering if Sanchez is team's answer at QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll make a decent journeyman backup I'm sure.

sansweratqbpage6newengl.png

Odd but funny.

Last edited:
yeah..I'm schizo...so what??? sue us if it bothers you so much....

I had NFLN on at work today and heard part of their conversation with their NYJets correspondent about Sanchez's future. They seem to expect him to still be around for the next 2-3 years, but not with a whole lot of confidence in him. Gotta love the message that's sending him. "We're not really sure about you, but go out there and win some games!"

yeah..I'm schizo...so what??? sue us if it bothers you so much....

hahahahahahaha, bet ya can't do it three times !:singing: :D:D:D:D I see it as thread push-ups :D

I thought it was interesting to see this in two places, so FWIW:

Off in the distance looms the specter of Peyton Manning, whose future with the Indianapolis Colts is uncertain. Ryan has called Manning the best in the league, bar none. Would they? Could they? Will they?

There are rumblings about Manning's possible interest in the Jets. It's too soon to connect all those dots, but at the very least, the Jets' decision makers will have to have a conversation about their quarterback position.

New York Jets -- What does future hold for Mark Sanchez? - ESPN New York

and

Given the manner in which the Jets jettisoned Chad Pennington for Brett Favre, nothing can be ruled out. Especially if Peyton Manning ends up being released by the Colts and becomes intrigued by the prospect of a Manning family takeover of New York/New Jersey.

Rex reiterates support for Sanchez | ProFootballTalk

I thought it was interesting to see this in two places, so FWIW:

and

Peyton isn't coming to the AFCE...a little too competitive for a guy with 3-4 years left, tops. Not to mention while he'd like to play alongside a great defense, their's isn't all that any more and his cost would absolutely prohibit making it better. And I doubt he'd be insane about their receivers...or willing to invest in teaching them a new offense or at all interested in accommodating the one that's been hamstringing them for the last several seasons. And there are too many big egos and personalities in the swamp with a long history of backstabbing. Manning is used to stability and control. Remember, it took him 9 years to get Indy over the hump. And I doubt he and Ashley would adapt to the media scrutiny or be willing to share a stadium with Eli inviting weekly critically competitive comparisons. Not to mention they play outdoors in a cold weather division. If he goes anywhere he will go for a domed team or one in a relatively warm weather division. I could see him in JAX making a splash for the new owner and a new HC to his liking, or in Tennessee with a new HC playing where he played in college (and both teams giving him an opportunity to make Irsay rue the day he allowed that to happen). Which is why if he can play it's more likely Irsay pays the piper and keeps him while drafting Luck (unless they lose out on him this week).

Even Favre didn't want to go there, he simply had no choice...

And all the speculation is mediot based because for them it's all about creating storylines that fuel interest in their drivel.

And then there is this:http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/je...ll-not-pursue-peyton-manning-in-the-offseason

Last edited:
Awful in the regular season, shockingly good in crunch time as shown by the number of his comeback victories, and lights out in the playoffs.

Maybe they should bench him during the regular season and start playing him only if they get to the playoffs lol.

We can only hope the result of these considerations is to give Sanchez a 10 year extension.

I had NFLN on at work today and heard part of their conversation with their NYJets correspondent about Sanchez's future. They seem to expect him to still be around for the next 2-3 years, but not with a whole lot of confidence in him. Gotta love the message that's sending him. "We're not really sure about you, but go out there and win some games!"

It's how that whole organization rolls. It's like they were a football team run by Hollywood management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST