PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Jets reconsidering if Sanchez is team's answer at QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Li'l Marky is the second coming of J.P. Losman. On a good day, he channels Rex Grossman. Off the field, he is quite immature and not suited for the role of franchise quarterback, especially in the New York market.
I think you meant to say Li'l Marky = J.P. LoseRman

Last edited:
He has spotty accuracy a medicore arm and non-existant game awareness, no wonder they're thinking he's a bust.

Jets fans are hung up on the O line, Schotty and prima dona WR's ruining him but if he had any pocket awareness he would get rid of the ball before a good half of the sacks he's taken but he stands there like a Deer in the headlights.

Last edited:
I wish he would be the Jets' QB forever.

And if they trade for or sign a franchise QB like Manning or Brees?

With the franchise tag formula situation improved with the new CBA there is no way Brees is going anywhere (not to mention if he did that is precisely where Manning would go). The Saints can afford to tag him for the next 3 years and he'd be costing less than Manning and Brady (the tag this season will be $14.5M).

Manning isn't tradeable under his current contract because he's either cut or his option is picked up creating a $38M dead cap, and he isn't going to the AFCE as a UFA no matter what the $$$ entails... He wants to win if he can still play, otherwise he won't. And if he can still play even Luck won't be sufficient to allow the Colts to just move on. They will try and accommodate them both, and that is a good thing because it will impact their ability to retain their other UFA's let alone add impact talent to that 2 win roster.

I am glad the Jets won't make the playoffs! The team didn't deserve it, the coach didn't deserve it and their fans didn't deserve it and the little children of New York don't deserve it.

I am at peace...football-wise, I am in a state of euphoria.:D

Last edited:
In Taco's defense this season, his OLine has been horrid. Losing Woody has impacted that offense more than anyone could have imagined, including Taco.

Will little Marky ever be an elite QB or even a great QB, obviously NO after what we've seen over 3 seasons. But can he be a starting NFL QB with the right pieces around him, specifcally a good OLine, yes he can. The Jets busted on the Ducasse pick and it has cost them dearly as they've pissed away all of their depth picks during the last 3 drafts and are now starting an OLine with 2 varsity players and 2 JV players and a frosh (Wayne Hunter). And Nacho has paid the price for that.

People can say what they want about Sanchez, but give the kid his due. It was his play in the playoffs over the last 2 season that got that team to 2 AFCCGs, I don't think anyone can say the kid "chokes" in the playoffs. I am just hoping our QB can raise his level of play this January at Foxboro, something we haven't seen the last 2 years with the 2 Gillette stadium "one and dones".

Another small sample school of evaluation member? Sanchez can't get them there. And he can't get them over the hump, either. He flashes inconsistently and that is about the worst trait any NFL player can have from a HC or GM's perspective. Better to have consistency and at least you can scheme around your gaps like Bill does. Guys like Sanchise just muddy the waters because they inexplicably get you off the hook here and there, although in his case it has also taken some uncharacteristic bad play or utter incompetence on the part of opponents to even allow him to accomplish that. Random doesn't fly in this league.

The problem with our QB's level of playoff play the last 2 years has a lot more to do with his surrounding casts inconsistent level of play or lack of intensity or focus. And that seems to be a recurring theme this season as well...

He has spotty accuracy a medicore arm and non-existant game awareness, no wonder they're thinking he's a bust.

Jets fans are hung up on the O line, Schotty and prima dona WR's ruining him but if he had any pocket awareness he would get rid of the ball before a good half of the sacks he's taken but he stands there like a Deer in the headlights.

Let me fix this post, using my NY fan/media decoder ring, set on "offseason super bowl" setting rather than "sinking realization we're screwed again" setting...

He has surprising accuracy for a younger QB, improving arm strength, and a gunslinger mentality, no wonder they're thinking he's a future hall of famer.

The O line, Schotty and prima dona WR's are doing their best to ruin him but he'll put this team on his back even if a good half of the sacks he's taken are someone else's fault, but he takes the punishment for the team, just like Jesus died for our sins.

Unfortunately, that's not the popular decoder ring setting right now in JetsNation. :)

Re: the topic - if Sanchez was thought to be the answer then, oh dear Demigod of All Things Funny, let me know what was the question!

rofl.gif

Cosell Talks: You’re Seeing the Real Mark Sanchez : NFL Films Blog

No one should be surprised by the relative poor play of Mark Sanchez, certainly not Rex Ryan and the Jets. Ryan knew what he was getting when he traded up to draft Sanchez in 2009. He was looking for a complementary quarterback that would fit his world view of championship NFL football: Run the ball with power and efficiency, and dominate with a turnover-based defense. The quarterback was a puzzle piece, a role player more than a foundation.

Jets are also said to be reconsidering:

1. If their uniforms are green.
2. If Rex can get on the SlimFast commercials with ex-coaches.
3. If Revis holds most plays
4. If Jim Leonard is injury prone.
5. If Calvin Pace is still on the sauce.
6. If LT whines too much.

They're slow yet deceivingly perceptive once they get rolling.

I'm not surprised. The issue is what type of QB Sanchez is...streaky. He is a game manager and nothing more. When he gets things going, he can be pretty decent but if he can't get into rhythm early, he's screwed.

This comes down to what type of league we're in now...it's passing league. Look at the teams to win Superbowls over the last ten years...they have elite or close to elite QBs....not game managers. Once every now and then, a team with one of the game managers will go all the way and get far more credit towards him than they deserve but lets face it, it's not very often!

Greg McElroy I'm a huge fan of. Like Brady, heavily underrated coming out of the draft. He has outstanding pocket presence, hasn't got the strongest arm (like Brady when he started) but with playing time and better technique that will get better and, if you give him weapons, you can build a great offensive system around him. When they drafted him I was peeved...and I think he might wind up their future. He's a winner to cap it off.

Sanchez's days are numbered. Flacco is an ever so slightly better version of him. Smith is having his success because Harbaugh has made it less about him, shored up his D and he has good guys around him on offense. These QBs can have some success but ultimately their flaws can be easily exposed.

A good D and rushing game helped Sanchez in two seasons with two playoff berths...he played okay in the post season but gets far too much credit and now he is exposed. He won't last much longer. He's also one of the most immature QBs in the league...he's not good enough of a leader...he's a mere boy playing in a mans sport.

Last edited:
Rex knew this was what he was getting with the NUMBER FIVE PICK? For which he traded two picks and three players?

I agree - that hit me immediately when I read Greg Cosell's analysis.

Rex TRADED UP to #5 for a 'mere piece of the puzzle'??????

That does not make any sense. It's like cashing in one's entire retirement fund for a disposable razor.

I think Cosell wants that one back.

uh...a minor disagreement...that was "Tannengenius!!!!!!" that made the Einsteinian decision to move up and pick the "Future Lawn Technician Of America-L.A. Division" wonderboy....Wrecks was at the draft buffet, wolfing down dozens of bismarcks and ice cream sundaes.

I'm really sorry to hear this, especially since i am not reconsidering at all and want Sanchise to be their starter for many years to come.

I'm not surprised. The issue is what type of QB Sanchez is...streaky. He is a game manager and nothing more. When he gets things going, he can be pretty decent but if he can't get into rhythm early, he's screwed.

This comes down to what type of league we're in now...it's passing league. Look at the teams to win Superbowls over the last ten years...they have elite or close to elite QBs....not game managers. Once every now and then, a team with one of the game managers will go all the way and get far more credit towards him than they deserve but lets face it, it's not very often!

Greg McElroy I'm a huge fan of. Like Brady, heavily underrated coming out of the draft. He has outstanding pocket presence, hasn't got the strongest arm (like Brady when he started) but with playing time and better technique that will get better and, if you give him weapons, you can build a great offensive system around him. When they drafted him I was peeved...and I think he might wind up their future. He's a winner to cap it off.

Sanchez's days are numbered. Flacco is an ever so slightly better version of him. Smith is having his success because Harbaugh has made it less about him, shored up his D and he has good guys around him on offense. These QBs can have some success but ultimately their flaws can be easily exposed.

A good D and rushing game helped Sanchez in two seasons with two playoff berths...he played okay in the post season but gets far too much credit and now he is exposed. He won't last much longer. He's also one of the most immature QBs in the league...he's not good enough of a leader...he's a mere boy playing in a mans sport.

Great way to build your team, in 1991.

LOL. They are just considering this now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back