PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report Card vs Texans

Yes I know you're an empty stats simpleton. Here's an example. 2001 Pats snow game, Brady in a hailstorm rallies back for a win and even rushes for a TD. A-grade even though not a pretty stats day. I guess it's easy to figure out how you grade since a robot could do it based on hard statistical criteria. Doesn't actually delineate who was good or bad in the full context...

You must love Jameis Winston as a qb.

By the way I had an A-- grade not A+. Mac as a rookie is playing lights out even with a bad OLine and mediocre oc.

Has nothing to do with stats. It has to do with a QB having an A game. Some QB's did yesterday, he was not one of them. If that is his A game, then we are in trouble going forward.

Did you see when he tried to throw the ball to the other team 2-3 times?

Did you notice he only started doing that in week 3. Kid was a machine week 1 and week 2. Then he got crappy coaching saying he 'missed' players deep, when they weren't actually open and the OLine sucked. So Mac is actually doing exactly what the crappy oc coaching is telling him to do. You can't penalize a QB for making the throws his dumb coaches tell him to do. But yes I am all for Mac playing like he did week1 and week2 before crappy oc coaching changed his approach. But then will people start making fake claims that he has a bad arm and can only throw short? The kid can't win when bottom line the OLine sucks and he has zero time. He either hits the short throw or throws up 50/50 passes while taking a huge hit.

Mac Jones A--. 13 point comeback
Pats were 1-3 in 2001. Team looked destined for 1-4 before Brady turned into Brady and they won in OT. Patriots would only lose two more games that season.

Pats were 1-3 in 2021. Team looked destined for 1-4, before Mac turned into Mac.

Maybe a sign?

Pats were 1-3 in 2001. Team looked destined for 1-4 before Brady turned into Brady and they won in OT. Patriots would only lose two more games that season.

Pats were 1-3 in 2021. Team looked destined for 1-4, before Mac turned into Mac.

Maybe a sign?

I'm nodding my head over here. I mean nobody will be the goat obviously.... but I would definitely put Mac up against any other high potential QB the last 5 years whether it's Burrow or Trevor Lawrence. I'm very high on Mac Jones.

I'm nodding my head over here. I mean nobody will be the goat obviously.... but I would definitely put Mac up against any other high potential QB the last 5 years whether it's Burrow or Trevor Lawrence. I'm very high on Mac Jones.

Yep.

Obviously I'm comparing 01 Brady to 2021 Jones.

Rules have changed as far as QB hits and CB's being unable to jam receivers.

But it would be a weird twist of fate story. 20 years later.

I think Mac will be a top 10 QB eventually. If you have that, you've always got an opportunity to win a SB.

Did you notice he only started doing that in week 3. Kid was a machine week 1 and week 2. Then he got crappy coaching saying he 'missed' players deep, when they weren't actually open and the OLine sucked. So Mac is actually doing exactly what the crappy oc coaching is telling him to do. You can't penalize a QB for making the throws his dumb coaches tell him to do. But yes I am all for Mac playing like he did week1 and week2 before crappy oc coaching changed his approach. But then will people start making fake claims that he has a bad arm and can only throw short? The kid can't win when bottom line the OLine sucks and he has zero time. He either hits the short throw or throws up 50/50 passes while taking a huge hit.
I know you hate McDaniels but I think even you would have to admit he doesn't tell Mac to throw the ball at the other team's players lol.

I know you hate McDaniels but I think even you would have to admit he doesn't tell Mac to throw the ball at the other team's players lol.

He definitely told mediots after wk2 deeper throws were left on the field. Um, nope. Wrong conclusion. The right conclusion was the OLine sucked and stop calling 5man-protection plays that get your qb killed. Mac updates his play based on coaching. I posit that he's not getting great coaching from the oc, certainly not what Daboll gave to develop Josh Allen. But it's early. Mac is learning. Like when he threw the Henry td despite mcd flipping out on the sidelines for not doing another screen pass

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back