PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Brady to sit, Mallett to start tonight at Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obvious motivational tactic, Brady is sure to be fired up now instead of resting on his laurels.

Agree completely, it's been a long time since Brady has been the back-up?

On the other hand, if P. Manning were to expose himself, Jim Nantz would stand at attention (double entendre intended) while the US Army Marching Band played the national anthem.

Disagree completely, Nantz would be on his knees not standing.

Jimmy G is not even close. Played in Division 11. The learning curve is a double jump in talent. Not saying he won't be good in a few years, but he is 2-3 years away from even knowing. Mallet needs time with the 1's. If the unthinkable happens we need to know what we have in him. If he performs well and a great offer comes our way, we take it and roll the dice. If not we keep Mallet for another year.

You know, this is why I was so shocked and a little aggravated that they used a 2nd round pick on this kid.

I wasn't aware of the field being bad. Well then I wouldn't play Tom either then

There are farms with better fields than that, I've always observed that, then when RG3 was playing totally banged up against Seahawks I had a feeling that that would not end well in that field. Shanaham genious kept him in the game when the best decision would be to put Cousins.

There are farms with better fields than that, I've always observed that, then when RG3 was playing totally banged up against Seahawks I had a feeling that that would not end well in that field. Shanaham genious kept him in the game when the best decision would be to put Cousins.

Semi-OT, but I'm not sure why that's considered "gruesome". If anything, Paul George's injury was gruesome. Theismann's injury was gruesome. That was child's play in comparison.

Preseason game one starters only play one or two series. Brady had by far the bulk of the work in the scrimmages against Washington (80 to 90 reps on both Monday and Tuesday), so there's no point in putting him out there. Mallett on the other hand did not get very many reps, and has thrown a total of four regular season passes in his NFL career.

I think Breer and some others in the media are reading far too much into the decision to start Mallett.

It makes no sense to trade for a QB now with training camp already advanced and pre-season games starting. The timing for that has passed. No locker room would accept well this move.

I can see a trade for Mallet if some starter like Romo gets injured by week 8+-, then someone betting on Mallet an using a decent pick for that trade.

LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN......AGAIN!

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/550887

Gotta love the Internet "Media" Age. An Outlet A reporter who gets paid to give opinions using the same logic that any of us could use to conclude that, duh, the Pats wouldn't mind trading Mallett; so Outlet B touts it as a news story. I feel like I need to wash my hands after clicking.

To Houston for their 1st. Go.

If Mallet is being showcased, then Mayock's pumping of his tires earlier this week may have been a solid for his former NFL Network colleague Michael Lombardi.

Folks, folks, folks. Mallet is not going anywhere this year.

Garropolo is a low division college QB who looks like a deer in the headlights this TC. He needs at least a couple of years seasoning.

The Pats will not waste a year of Revis that they paid dearly for if Brady gets hurt.

They need Mallet this year - - if something happens to Brady. The plan is for Garropolo to be the #2 next year and then they hold their fingers crossed that Brady doesn't go down. However, Garropolo next year is waaaaaay better than throwing him in this year.

ESPN headlines to come "Brady in Decline, Benched for Backup!"

Not to mention that the the next 14 episodes of PFW in Progress will feature 2 hours of Andy and Paul proclaiming that Mallett is the worst QB in the history of the NFL.

Failure is not an option!

The "Hammah" is our QB now.......Bradys arm is dead.......you have any idea how many toilets they have in their home?

Folks, folks, folks. Mallet is not going anywhere this year.

I agree with that. I see this as Belichick doing Mallett a "solid" -- giving him an opportunity to showcase with a start and bump his value in free agency. Belichick knows that the Pats can't keep him, so why not make sure he gets rewarded for four years of hard work as the Pats' backup?

Unless the Pats are looking to free up a roster spot why would they trade Mallett for anything less than a 3rd when they could get a (probable) 3rd compensatory pick next year by keeping him around?

Unless the Pats are looking to free up a roster spot why would they trade Mallett for anything less than a 3rd when they could get a (probable) 3rd compensatory pick next year by keeping him around?

• Pats get the draft pick one year earlier
  • Can't assume somebody will pay enough to Mallett for the Pats to get a 3rd round pick
  • The way the compensatory pick rules work, it all depends on how many free agents the Patriots sign versus how many they lose. In other words, they could net nothing once Mallett departs
  • The extra roster spot could be important, allowing the club to retain an extra WR, DB, etc.; that third QB is a roster spot they didn't have to use last year

Mallett and Garoppolo can mean only one thing:

52dd3b9359495.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back