Welcome to PatsFans.com

Reiss thinks Brady maybe hurt more then Pats letting on

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by swheeler23, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swheeler23

swheeler23 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He is on the Hub now. Seems to think Brady maybe hurt.

2. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +486 / 4 / -2

#34 Jersey

I'll be very surprised if he didn't either break his collarbone or separate his shoulder. Looking at the replay that was my concern - although I'm no doctor.

(cue the people who will start calling him injury prone and washed up :rolleyes:)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  3. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

its his job to sensationalize.......maybe he is, but reiss has no clue at this point.........if he had a clue, the 'maybe' would not be in his statement......

just another shot in the dark where he will claim knowledge if he is right and if he is wrong, that fact will dissipate like a fart in the wind

4. Ian

Ratings:
    +486 / 4 / -2

#34 Jersey

I disagree. Reiss is as honest they get - so if he truly believes that, I would have to believe him.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

He would have been in more pain when rotating his rotator cuff if it were something like that. I have no idea what he has but I'm fairly sure it's not a break or a separation.

6. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

maybe......but it doesn't matter if he has no clue......which he doesn't.......

if it was either a collarbone or separation, brady would not have been so expressionless when he was rotating his arm while sitting on the bench.......taking him inside was likely to get the pads off and have a look as he was not going to go back in

again, if he is wrong, nobody will care ..... which is why it is easy for so many in the media to go 'out on a limb'

7. CampPen33

CampPen33 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It seemed that when Brady was hurt last year, the news came out quickly about how it affected the team. If it is something that is a real problem we will know sooner than later, in my opinion. Otherwise, I expect him to not play next week, and be out there for the opener.

Where would Reiss have gotten any information to think otherwise? Or is it pure speculation?

8. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Reiss is honest.

He truely believes that Brady might be more injured than the Patriots are letting on. He truely beleives that the Patriots are not always 100% forthright and upfront with injuries and sometimes make misleading statements regarding injuries.

Good to hear, because, if Reiss didn't think that the Patriots might be making misleading statements about an injury he is the most naive person to have ever been a sport reporter.

9. Ian

Ratings:
    +486 / 4 / -2

#34 Jersey

It was only because of where he grabbed after the hit that I thought it may have been his collarbone...who knows I guess. Although in all honesty even if it's his rotator cuff that won't be good either. It definitely didn't look too good.

10. farn

farn 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +134 / 3 / -4

The offseason is long... I hope the season doesn't take a hit before it even starts.

Makes me realize how lucky us fans have been with Brady's "ironman" pre-KC injury status. I think that even with concerns on the D, Brady can do so much to take off some pressure by scoring.

Don't think anyone outside the inner cercle knows, but frig - I hope it works out.

11. Jimke

Jimke In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +77 / 13 / -6

The Patriot's medical staff must have examined his shoulder at half time.

Would he have come back out of the locker room at halftime if they

suspected serious injury?

12. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

true....it did not look good......

that said, they would not have had him throwing before going inside if there was a break........now there could be some bruising in the RC which will mean real light work for awhile to avoid bone/cartilage spurs creating a chad pennington situation

13. Ian

Ratings:
    +486 / 4 / -2

#34 Jersey

One would think, so I'm sure only an X-Ray or MRI is the only real way to know what's wrong with him. And I don't forsee Belichick heading to the podium to announce that :rolleyes:

14. Marqui

Marqui In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +352 / 17 / -6

What exactly is he saying?

15. Angry Man

Angry Man REV-OH-LU-TION PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -4

#54 Jersey

Personally I think at most he got bruised on the play. He seemed to have been throwing the ball okay on the sideline at the start of the third quarter. We'll have to wait and see when more information is out but that's my gut feeling on this.

16. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Have to agree, Brady was moving around a good bit on the sideline after the hit, trying to flex the shoulder and swing his arm. He didn't appear to be grimmacing as he moved. The adrenaline kept him moving before halftime and he probably stiffened up after half time due to the inactivity.

Well, I guess we will see Brady on the injury list every week this year too, "Probale - shoulder".....

17. SladeRider

SladeRider On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I say noone should worry about anything until next week, when the Pats play their final preseason game, we'll see for ourselves because I'm sure if he can play, he will even though it's the last preseason game.

18. NJPatsfan26

NJPatsfan26 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0

Wasnt that his condition for every game during the 07 season?

19. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The fact they said he had a sore shoulder instead of no comment and no one was checking him on the side lines last night makes me believe he is fine. Odd that MR would make that comment though. Not only will we be getting the Brady is made of glass ****e, Ian, I'm sure we'll get plenty we should have traded him when we still had Matt. :rolleyes:

20. Angry Man

Angry Man REV-OH-LU-TION PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -4

#54 Jersey

Even if Tom does play it won't be for much. After all it is the last preseason game which normally is more for giving time to those who are on the bubble of being cut, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.