PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss thinks Brady maybe hurt more then Pats letting on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Tom does play it won't be for much. After all it is the last preseason game which normally is more for giving time to those who are on the bubble of being cut, right?

Even he just plays for 3 plays, it will still show people that he is capable of going on the field and maybe it will give some people the relief to see him out on the field, even if it's for very, very limited time.

Reiss is usually spot on with these things like Adam Schefter. Thanks for making my day with this thread:(

I disagree. Reiss is as honest they get - so if he truly believes that, I would have to believe him.

Ian - People said the same thing about Tom Curran when Curran ran the story about Brady back in March. And Curran ended up eating a lot of crow on that.

I would be very surprised if Brady dislocated his shoulder or broke his collarbone. I am pretty sure those are both extremely painful and he wouldn't have been able to move his arm at all..

If anything, he might have suffered a shoulder separation. Which isn't nearly as bad as a dislocation. But it will take a couple weeks to start being healthy again.

Even he just plays for 3 plays, it will still show people that he is capable of going on the field and maybe it will give some people the relief to see him out on the field, even if it's for very, very limited time.

Agreed. At most Tom will play one to two series before calling it a night. Like I said however we'll have to wait and see on rather if Tom really is hurt or if its a bruise (like I suspect).

Reiss is usually spot on with these things like Adam Schefter. Thanks for making my day with this thread:(

Like Reiss was spot on about the Pats cutting Cassel last year and keeping Gutierrez??? Or the Pats drafting Jon Beason a few years ago..

When it comes to Reiss offering his opinion, he's hit or miss. When it comes to him actually reporting the facts, he's always dead on..

Why would Belichick play Brady in the last preseason game. No matter what his condition, there seems to be no advantage to the team in him playing.

I keep telling myself that he wouldn't have been out there throwing at the start of the half if it was serious and that they probably took him out to run some precautionary tests, but we probably aren't going to know until after the last pre-season game. We knew within hours about the ACL injury so I think that's a good sign he isn't seriously hurt.

Even if Tom does play it won't be for much. After all it is the last preseason game which normally is more for giving time to those who are on the bubble of being cut, right?

Injury or no injury, I'd be surprised to see Tom play even one play.

Same goes for most of the other regulars. We will know when Tom

is ready to play by when he resumes practicing. Hopefully, some

time next week.

This isn't what I wanted to read before going to work :(

If he is fine, I can't see him playing at all next week. It would keep people, like there week 1 opponent, the Bills guessing.

I'm sure he won't play no matter what his condition. Let Buffalo speculate just the same.

I disagree. Reiss is as honest they get - so if he truly believes that, I would have to believe him.

Believe what? Because Reiss believes it, its fact?

Its just more negative speculation, from Bostons negative media.

You guys make Reiss out to be a saint.

Heres what I know about Reiss, he is not a Pats fan,and he is getting paid to wildly speculate,negativity sells. He is no better than Borges,Shank,or Ryan.His digs at the team are just more subtle because hes their beat reporter and needs to not upset the apple cart. But he always underestimates the team;always.

A not so wise man once made a wise statement,"The negativity in this town sucks!"

Heres what else I know while Brady was on the sideline he rotated his arm 360 degrees , so his shoulder was not separated even a little.

Even the Heralds beat reporter Rappoport hasnt been as negative about Brady, he said Galloway talked to him and he said he was fine.

So you guys can worship at the feet of Reiss all you want,but this guy aint buying it.

I think myself and a lot of people would feel better if it was Tomase reporting it...:p

Last year, before the game was even over, we heard that Brady was done for the year.

This year, we're hearing from Ocho Cinco that he's fine.

yes riess is very honest and hes honestly speculating regarding brady and his current status. he has no clue just like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Matt Light made comments about him being fine as did Chris Baker. If he was really hurt, I think they would have kept their mouths shut.

Only concern for me is why didn't Brady talk after the game. He's normally always talking after the game.

You are correct Twin Titties resident.

I've broken my clavicle before and there is no way you're sitting there, expressionless, raising your arm above your shoulder with a broken collarbone. Your brain would be screaming SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Ian - People said the same thing about Tom Curran when Curran ran the story about Brady back in March. And Curran ended up eating a lot of crow on that.

I would be very surprised if Brady dislocated his shoulder or broke his collarbone. I am pretty sure those are both extremely painful and he wouldn't have been able to move his arm at all..

If anything, he might have suffered a shoulder separation. Which isn't nearly as bad as a dislocation. But it will take a couple weeks to start being healthy again.

I am still waiting for the big investigation that Curran said was going to happen once the Pats put the tag on Cassel.

It could have been a 1st degree separation if it was separated. I'm not a doctor and do not play one on TV.

However having had a severe separation and fracture of the shoulder along with a rotor cuff torn in three places, I learn a lot about shoulder injuries this past year. I know that even TFB could not move his arm around like he did, or do it without pain on his face if it was a serious separation or a broken collar bone - even a hairline fracture.

It could have been jammed and he'll be OK after a few days.

He also believes the team will keep Slater and begin the season with only 3 OT's.

Nice guy, yes........football genius, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes