PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss' predicted 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, do you just post ridiculous crap like this to pi$$ us off?

Hobson has PROVEN that he can play in the NFL
Well is a needed OL who has been a decent JAG

Guyton has shown more 2008 potential than Redd.

Redd is odd man out here of the 4. I admit I'd keep Guyton.

must...not...rant...again...

(slow, deep breaths)
Did you read SMY this morning?
QUARTERBACKS
STAYING: Tom Brady, Matt Gutierrez, Kevin O’Connell
GOING: Matt Cassel
From the beginning of training camp, it seemed like this would become the Battle of the Matts: Brady certainly isn’t going anywhere, and the Pats will hold on to O’Connell, a third-round pick this year. So it was up to Cassel, entering his fourth year, and Gutierrez, in his second, to duke it out for the No. 2 spot. Despite being given every chance, Cassel has just plain struggled, while Gutierrez looks confident running the offense. The one fly in the ointment could be if a veteran quarterback becomes available; Kansas City’s Damon Huard has experience in the Pats’ system and is a somewhat forgotten man for the Chiefs. If that happens, New England may have to either make a decision on Gutierrez, or O’Connell may come down with a mysterious Foxboro Flu, which places him on injured reserve.
Okay, now breathe. :)

The mysterious Foxboro Flu. Catchy, ain't it? You might want to take advantage of her email address at the bottom.

It kills me that our own media (and she's been otherwise supportive) want to perpetuate this myth. I sent her an email.

Patswicked...

Hobson will likely make the team, but he is JUNK. He has proven that he can play and, when an FA, get NO OFFERS except a vet min from two teams. I'd rather risk losing a guy who can play better over the first 6 games than a kid who could play better over the next 6 YEARS.

Did you read SMY this morning? Okay, now breathe. :)

The mysterious Foxboro Flu. Catchy, ain't it?

:violent:

At least with O'Connell, I get the idea behind it...he's not ready, there's zero chance he'd clear wavers, so everybody's looking for a way out. But Bo Ruud, as suggested in multiple threads?

Check this out: an undersized LB isn't projected to be drafted at all, but is a surprise 7th-round Patriots pick. He shows little in camp then is injured in preseason and ends up on IR. So you know I'm not talking about Ruud, right? That was Oscar Lua last year. And as soon as he was placed on IR, cries of "redshirt" filled the board. Huh? Was some other team really poised to steal away Oscar Lua? Sure enough, he was cut the first moment it was allowable.

If they like Ruud, that's what the practice squad is for.

(And if they like O'Connell, LET HIM PRACTICE.)

Oops, did I rant again?
embarassed.gif

Did you read SMY this morning? Okay, now breathe. :)

The mysterious Foxboro Flu. Catchy, ain't it? You might want to take advantage of her email address at the bottom.

It kills me that our own media (and she's been otherwise supportive) want to perpetuate this myth. I sent her an email.

Not to mention this one:

"Despite being given every chance, Cassel has just plain struggled, while Gutierrez looks confident running the offense. "

Give them a press pass and they all eventually morph into lemmings...

I like it a lot.

Thoughts?

Like everybody else, I'd like to make room for Ventrone and Spann.

But I must admit that with the LBs being so young, we need a lot of them, and that squeezes space elsewhere on the roster.

Hah. In his latest version, Reiss has made room for both Ventrone and Spann, squeezing the OL and capitalizing on Faulk's short suspension.

Hah. In his latest version, Reiss has made room for both Ventrone and Spann, squeezing the OL and capitalizing on Faulk's short suspension.

Reiss is watching us. Money back guarantee.

Reiss is watching us. Money back guarantee.

It makes no sense that he takes Redd of his projected roster when additional spots become available. Redd should be on the roster.

There seems to be too much obession that this or that player won't make it to the PS. Why are people so worried about losing guys like Redd or Gutierrez to waivers? Not like WE can't pick up a waived player that might be better than who we are dropping, who BB likes more, or who plays a position where we might need more help.

Right now god only knows about Cassell vs. Gutierrez, but some people act like it would be a catastrophe if Gutierrez didn't make it though waivers. I think there's a good chance he would.

Right now god only knows about Cassell vs. Gutierrez, but some people act like it would be a catastrophe if Gutierrez didn't make it though waivers. I think there's a good chance he would.

Doesn't matter if he does or not, imo. O'Connell isn't going anywhere soon, and he's a good QB already. He's raw as far as the NFL, but pretty dang good in a college sense. A year of working on technique and he's the next #2 or a solid piece of trade meat.

I hope we carry three, #2 doesn't interest me a lot, honestly. I think it's conceivable that O'C is #2 before the season ends anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft