PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Lesson can be learned from Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suppose they did enough to win, but Kaeding did enough to lose... not like the Jets blocked those kicks....
Didn't the Jets run a kicker out of town after the 2004 AFC Divisional Playoffs?

The "time" of the jump in is meaningless, I posted the exact 3 quotes that led up to your response. That was the exact context of it, and you went a completely different way with it.
Clearly your levels of restraint are on par with that of a child. But hey, as long as the Jets are playing second stringers, they don't have to ever try and earn wins. They just magically happen in this fantasy land of yours.

Not that this hasn't been covered before.

Last edited:
Clearly your levels of restraint are on par with that of a child. But hey, as long as the Jets are playing second stringers, they don't have to ever try and earn wins. They just magically happen in this fantasy land of yours.

Not that this hasn't been covered before.

Not a single thing in this post makes any sense.

I don't think the Jets were given any wins, they simply got lucky that the Colts had already locked up home field advantage by the time they played.

Jets probably would of lost to the Colts, but I don't think I will ever concede that point, they also could of still won.

Having beat the Colts, there was no way Cincy would of won in week 17 at Giants Stadium, Jets are better.

Other then lose 7 games the Jets did everything they could to make the play offs, in the end they got some luck.

Rookie head coach and OB, new defensive scheme, losing Jenkins and Leon Washington, the Jets overcame a lot to get to where they are.

One of the things that I think I learned from the NY Jets is it helps to have an identity as a team. and that good D and a running game is almost as important as a franchise QB.

I don't think the Jets were given any wins, they simply got lucky that the Colts had already locked up home field advantage by the time they played.

Jets probably would of lost to the Colts, but I don't think I will ever concede that point, they also could of still won.

Having beat the Colts, there was no way Cincy would of won in week 17 at Giants Stadium, Jets are better.

Other then lose 7 games the Jets did everything they could to make the play offs, in the end they got some luck.

Rookie head coach and OB, new defensive scheme, losing Jenkins and Leon Washington, the Jets overcame a lot to get to where they are.

One of the things that I think I learned from the NY Jets is it helps to have an identity as a team. and that good D and a running game is almost as important as a franchise QB.
That's the whole point of what I have been saying Gunnails. The paragraph of yours in bold. Apparently in the minds of some, the Colts starters winning was a fait accompli. I disagree. The probability of the Colts starters winning is greater than the Colts second stringers winning. That said, there was only a 5 point differential and 25 minutes of game time left.

As for the Bengals, well you proved you were better than them in New York and Cincinnati.

Last edited:
That's the whole point of what I have been saying Gunnails. The paragraph of yours in bold. Apparently in the minds of some, the Colts starters winning was a fait accompli. I disagree. The probability of the Colts starters winning is greater than the Colts second stringers winning. That said, there was only a 5 point differential and 25 minutes of game time left.

As for the Bengals, well you proved you were better than them in New York and Cincinnati.

Who exactly does a 5 point lead IN Indy favor? You really think the jets are so good (even though they could only manage 7-7 up to that point) that they would have done what 14 other teams failed to do? Come on now, all the probabilities point towards the Jets losing. You stick to your "hey it could happened" argument, the rest of us will stick to logic.

But I guess the Jets can thank the 14 teams (including the Pats) for losing to Indy and giving them nothing to play for.

Who exactly does a 5 point lead IN Indy favor? You really think the jets are so good (even though they could only manage 7-7 up to that point) that they would have done what 14 other teams failed to do? Come on now, all the probabilities point towards the Jets losing. You stick to your "hey it could happened" argument, the rest of us will stick to logic.

But I guess the Jets can thank the 14 teams (including the Pats) for losing to Indy and giving them nothing to play for.
Well apparently the Jets are good enough to be playing for the AFC Championship, so you can work that one out for yourself.

Now I agree, the probability of the Jets losing against the Colts starters is greater than the Jets losing to the Colts second stringers, but the probability of the Jets starters beating the Colts starters also exists. Your apparent logic is discounting this as an option. 14 teams being beaten by the Colts has little bearing on the specific game involving the Jets.

There were 5 points in the game when the Colts starters were pulled. 5. A myriad of hypotheticals can be thrown around as to what may or may not have happened. The Jets may have lost, they may have won. I don't know because all I can go on is the fact that the Jets earned their wins against the Colts, then Cinci in NY, then Cinci in Cinci, then the Bolts in San Diego and are now in the AFC Championship match.

For the record, I think the Colts will win the AFC, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets won.

Last edited:
Well apparently the Jets are good enough to be playing for the AFC Championship, so you can work that one out for yourself.

Now I agree, the probability of the Jets losing against the Colts starters is greater than the Jets losing to the Colts second stringers, but the probability of the Jets starters beating the Colts starters also exists. Your apparent logic is discounting this as an option. 14 teams being beaten by the Colts has little bearing on the specific game involving the Jets.

There were 5 points in the game when the Colts starters were pulled. 5. A myriad of hypotheticals can be thrown around as to what may or may not have happened. The Jets may have lost, they may have won. I don't know because all I can go on is the fact that the Jets earned their wins against the Colts, then Cinci in NY, then Cinci in Cinci, then the Bolts in San Diego and are now in the AFC Championship match.

For the record, I think the Colts will win the AFC, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets won.

Simple logic still passes you, nevermind. The Jets are amazing for beating the Colts second stringers and had a great chance to beat the first stringers after being down 5 in the dome :rolleyes:

The Jets earned everything, no luck involved whatsoever, they built a sure playoff team

Last edited:
Simple logic still passes you, nevermind. The Jets are amazing for beating the Colts second stringers and had a great chance to beat the first stringers after being down 5 in the dome :rolleyes:

The Jets earned everything, no luck involved whatsoever, they built a sure playoff team
Simple logic includes, even how small or how large a percentage, that the Colts starters could have lost to the Jets starters. Ignore that at your own peril.

Last edited:
Simple logic includes, even how small or how large a percentage, that the Colts starters could have lost to the Jets starters. Ignore that at your own peril.

Irregardless if I could have obtained said object on my own, if you give it to me I still got it as a gift. The Jets got 2 wins as gifts, and I don't really care how big or small the odds are that they would have won. The fact is they still got 2 gift wins.

BTW the odds were tiny they would have beaten Peyton in the dome in the 4th, but good that they would have beaten Bengals at home.

And really, at my own peril? dramatic much?

Last edited:
Irregardless if I could have obtained said object on my own, if you give it to me I still got it as a gift. The Jets got 2 wins as gifts, and I don't really care how big or small the odds are that they would have won. The fact is they still got 2 gift wins.

BTW the odds were tiny they would have beaten Peyton in the dome in the 4th, but good that they would have beaten Bengals at home.

And really, at my own peril? dramatic much?
You're the one harping on about using logic and discounting the option of the Jets starters beating the Colts starters in that game... not me. The reality is, you still have to earn the win in an apparent gift (as you like to call it). Whether you chose to accept this notion is up to you. I feel like all I am doing is repeating what I have already said over and over again.

Personally, I was even surprised the Jets were within 5 points of the Colts when the starters were pulled. I was even more surprised with their performances since the Colts game leading into the AFC Championship game. In retrospect, I am not surprised at all anymore.

Last edited:
the jets are winning as a team with the D playing great and the QB doing just a nuff to win games.

sound like the way the pats won 3 SB's and most of there over 100 wins the last 10 years.

i think the jets learned a lesson from the pats and the jets have more talent then the pats and when BB get's the talent level back up to respectability. they will be in the hunt again.

Re: Reiss:Lesson can be learned from Jets

If I were BB The only "lesson" I could learn from the Jets is the one about trying to convince the schedule makers to hook you up with 2 teams who have nothing to play for in your last 2 weeks.

The quote in my sig says it all.
Uh, you spelled defense wrong.

Re: Reiss:Lesson can be learned from Jets

Uh, you spelled defense wrong.
Edumacate yourself a bit on the poster and where he's from and perhaps you'll understand.

I still think we have a lot to learn from them. Jets were ridiculed here, no way they could win. Yet they did, convincingly against the Bengals.

Meanwhile we're home alone. All by our lonesome.

I hope BB can swallow his pride and take some lessons from their drafting and their defense. Heck, I hope he calls Rex Ryan and picks his brain. And don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest BB homer there is!

we're home but we're definitely not alone.

what we've learned from the jets we already knew. just get in. just get in to the dance and anything can happen.

that's what i've learned from the jets.

what the jets are going to learn from the colts is to hate the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft