PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Chad Jackson released

Status
Not open for further replies.
It pushes my two guys (Aiken, CJ Jones) one step up the ladder!

I believe Washington was running with the 1st team on thursday (correct me if I'm wrong, pats1!) in Welker's role.

You are correct.

Washington is this team's #4 receiver, finally. It only took him a year and half. He signed last offseason expecting to be about the #4 receiver (he was an offensely-minded player in Cincy), but the Moss trade threw a wrench into those plans.

Of course, I got blasted recently for suggesting that Washington would be the #4 receiver and Jackson would be cut.

He had to go! Just look at that hair!!! ;)

Branch is PUP'd and out till at least Week 6.

That's what I said

Branch has missed even more games for Seattle than Chad has missed in NE. (Close though) And he is cheaper

You are correct.

Washington is this team's #4 receiver, finally. It only took him a year and half. He signed last offseason expecting to be about the #4 receiver (he was an offensely-minded player in Cincy), but the Moss trade threw a wrench into those plans.

Of course, I got blasted recently for suggesting that Washington would be the #4 receiver and Jackson would be cut.

I think you're absolutely right. I think the only reason Washington didn't factor more prevalently in the offense last year was because we were blessed with INCREDIBLE health at WR. I mean, did Moss, Welker, Stallworth or Gaffney miss any games last year? I'm sure there was one, but I can't remember one off the top of my head.

Luckily, Washington contributed so well on ST that we could afford to keep him as a buried WR, and now I think we're going to be thankful of that this year.

Branch is PUP'd and out till at least Week 6.

Incorrect. Branch was on active/PUP but is now on the active roster. He never went to Reserve/PUP.

Incorrect. Branch was on active/PUP but is now on the active roster. He never went to Reserve/PUP.

My mistake then, I thought I read he went on reserve/PUP. Good catch. Point is Seattle needs WR depth and help. Branch is going to be out more than 2 weeks as far as I know.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Dang. I WANTED him to work out, but when you don't produce this is what happens.

What a major, major mistake. He'll make us rue this day. I mean to not even give him his first ONE healthy season to atleast show us what he can do. This bites.................

Great, this board's two favorite subjects: Chad Jackson and John Thomase, all rolled into one thread!

I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest that perhaps this move paves the way for ADAM SEWARD to come to NE! :D

Interesting.

Why does he have to mention Reiss.

Is it not possible he has a source that told him too.

Damn what the hell am I doing I can't believe I defended ThomASSe

My Uncle always said Chad Jackson = Bethel Johnson until proven otherwise.

Last edited:
I just think he was never properly taught how to run routes.

Not properly taught by whom?

There are are two parts to the education equation: teaching and learning. I'm willing to bet the Patriots coaches did their half.

Why does he have to mention Reiss.

Is it not possible he has a source that told him too.

Damn what the hell am I doing I can't believe I defended ThomASSe

Right, but commonly you'll see Reiss say "the move was first reported by Adam Schefter of the NFL Network," or something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye