PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Chad Jackson released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Multiple sources confirm Jackson release

What a mistake...........

We couldn't have given him one more year at his low salary and high upside?

I'm sure some GM is going to be quite happy in the next couple of days, let's just hope it's not one in our division.............
I don't get it.

what has he done to make you think there is an upside?

are you related to him?

Chris, any speculation on why the change of heart on less than 18 hours?

We have lost nothing. And we have gained a valuable roster spot.

Great, this board's two favorite subjects: Chad Jackson and John Thomase, all rolled into one thread!

And we expected the other one to get cut.

I would like to have seen him at least get a chance in the regular season to see once and for all if he could cut it. This had to be more than just his play on the field or why wasn't he cut yesterday?

I don't get it.

what has he done to make you think there is an upside?

are you related to him?

I'll ask the same thing to you about LeKevan Smith

Jackson played pretty decently in his first full training camp this year. And it wasn't exactly his fault that he tore his ACL. Not to mention it was ridiculous for anyone to think he'd be ready to play last season when an ACL is 12-18 months recovery.

I am surprised by this. I thought they would give him this season to see if he can make it.

He's only 22. Maybe he will "get it" and become a good pro.

I am so impressed with this decision by BB. cutting your loss and going with the players that are hungrier and dedicated ( Ventrone / Jones). It validates a lot of opinions on the player from this community.

Right, but commonly you'll see Reiss say "the move was first reported by Adam Schefter of the NFL Network," or something to that effect.

I guess Chris Price is as guilty as Thomasse (sorry Chris your not that bad just making a point). He doesn't mention Reiss either in his post/story http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?p=498

again I have no idea why I am defending ThomASSe.

Last edited:
Why now? Is there someone on the radar?
My question too. Someone else is about to sign? Ty Law maybe? Or maybe BB just didn't want the Mangeniuses to get him?

What is up lately with BB & Pioli picking 2nd round draft picks?

Bethel, Marquise Hill (RIP), Eugene Wilson, and now Chad Jack. Pats are awesome on their first round picks but suck (lately) with the 2nd's.

Best we just trade them away like they did last year for Welker.

Lets hope Terrance Wheatley breaks the recent trend .....Pats can afford to be wrong with C Jack in an area of strenght (WR) but we have no margin of error with Terrance in the razor thin position of CB's.

I'm just surprised that BB cut the cord based on camp and preseason.After hanging onto him for so long I figured he might keep him around for situations. Chad would have a GREAT catch then trip over himself in the endzone... I guess that's called inconsistent. Never a good thing.

Of course Chad's been under Moss' wing all this time, probably memorized the playbook...someone will snag him.

Officially A Bust.
I think BB would say that Chad was given every opportunity to prove his worth, and in the end he just wasn't as ready to step in as other guys were.

Chad Jackson = Bethel Johnson.

Disappointed, for a lack of a better word.

What is up lately with BB & Pioli picking 2nd round draft picks?

Bethel, Marquise Hill (RIP), Eugene Wilson, and now Chad Jack. Pats are awesome on their first round picks but suck (lately) with the 2nd's.

Lets hope Terrance Wheatley breaks the recent trend .....Pats can afford to be wrong with C Jack in an area of strenght (WR) but we have no margin of error with Terrance in the razor thin position of CB's.

3 of your 4 examples are not so great (only chad jack aides your point).

Eugene did more than enough for us to be worth the 2.
Hill was never able to sway this one way or the other and to hold that unfortunate event to the same litnus test is not right.
Bethel gave close to enough maybe just shy of being worth a 2.

Let's keep in mind both Eugene Wilson and Chad Jackson were seriously injured, and Eugene Wilson at least was very productive before his injuries.

not a big shock to me, CJ Jones can do more for the dollar than alligator arms chad

What a major, major mistake. He'll make us rue this day. I mean to not even give him his first ONE healthy season to atleast show us what he can do. This bites.................

I think not.

I think BB would say that Chad was given every opportunity to prove his worth, and in the end he just wasn't as ready to step in as other guys were.

Chad Jackson = Bethel Johnson.

BS. Jackson had ONE training camp. His first, the Pats didn't use him much because of his hamstring injury. The second, he was recovering from an ACL injury. Every person knows that it takes 12 - 18 months to recover from an ACL injury 100%. He suffered it February 2007. So the earliest we should have expected anything from him is this off-season. And, from accounts, he was doing well and had made progress.

Sorry, Promised, but Chad is Chad. Bethel was Bethel. Two different players. Different circumstances. Only people with limited brain capacity would say the two are equal in anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back