PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Chad Jackson released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely that would have sealed his demise before making the 53 though. Best bet is that they have some outsider lined up.

Like....a CB maybe?:singing:

his fall in the endzone in the Giant game may have lead to his demise similar to Bryant's "enzone embarrassment"

You mean on the interception by McQuarters? McQuarters initiated the contact and took him down. Unless you are talking about something else.

Why do I get the feeling that there are more CUTS to come?

Bengals might be interested in him.....although he doesn't have a record....

Surely that would have sealed his demise before making the 53 though. Best bet is that they have some outsider lined up.

probably right....and maybe BB woke up startled this morning with "WTF was I thinking??"

his fall in the endzone in the Giant game may have lead to his demise similar to Bryant's "enzone embarrassment"
I highly doubt that. Highly as in like 100% doubt that.

Why would Belichick cut him over something like that, which is in no way any sort of predicator of how his future is going to play out? That's a fluke thing that really has nothing to do with being a good receiver or an awful one. Not to mention, he came back later and scored a touchdown too, so I'd say that made up for the fall.

I've got to say I really don't get this one. I think CJ Jones is a JAG at best and that Chad didn't exactly get a huge opportunity for success. I don't even think he'd be that good or is that good, I just think he should've at least made the roster based on his potential and the fact that we aren't exactly replacing him with Donte Stallworth, Chris Henry or anyone good, in my eyes, at least.

Last edited:
Jackson started the game opposite Moss. Washington spent time as the 3rd, WR... Jackson saw a lot of time and made a couple of nice plays.

Maybe they were showcasing him for a trade that never happened.. Keep him on the 53, work the phones...Nothing happened, so cut him. That explains the 8 WR...now 7.

ahh the answer is a personal coach

watch him be the exception and prosper somewhere else.

i am a bit disappointed he never got a chance with brady in a preseason game, but oh well.

time to move on.

According to my sources, Chad Jackson's "sucking" may have had something to do with him getting cut.

Look for him to end up in Atlanta.

My first thought is that there was not enough difference between Jackson's production and the other young WRs and the team decided to save some money and caproom.

Anybody checked the foxboro police blotter (it was a Saturday nite)

There is too much young talent out there for Chad to remain just ok, he needed to step it up,

Last edited:
Now this is what a likely waiver claim looks like.

They had 8 receivers on their 53 - so you knew something was going to happen. 2 things: clearing space for someone new to be brought in or they are clearing space for the eventual return of Faulk.

That makes absolutely no sense, though. Why leave yourself with a hole for no reason?

I'm guessing they found someone else to sign, and are clearing space.

It did seem weird that we had so many wide receivers and so few offensive linemen on the initial 53. Perhaps he was a bubble player who they kept on until they were sure they could pick up an OL or CB after cuts?

If that's the case, my prediction is we bring in one of those two positions (Anderson or Law would be nice, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone completely off the radar), then they cut CJ Jones once Faulk comes back and we're sure Welker is healthy.

That would still leave us with:

Moss
Welker
Gaffney
Washington
Slater
Ventrone
Aiken

as potential WR depth. That HAS to be enough, right?

I highly doubt that. Highly as in like 100% doubt that.

Why would Belichick cut him over something like that, which is in no way any sort of predicator of how his future is going to play out? That's a fluke thing that really has nothing to do with being a good receiver or an awful one. Not to mention, he came back later and scored a touchdown too, so I'd say that made up for the fall.

I've got to say I really don't get this one. I think CJ Jones is a JAG at best and that Chad didn't exactly get a huge opportunity for success. I don't even think he'd be that good or is that good, I just think he should've at least made the roster based on his potential and the fact that we aren't exactly replacing him with Donte Stallworth, Chris Henry or anyone good, in my eyes, at least.

I was sort of being facetious.. I think as much as CJ Jones made plenty of mistakes he seemed to really go after it.. I think CJ Jones good plays were better or at least equal to Jackson's good plays during the preseason. So hopefully the idea of "potential" may be equally attributable to Jones.

OK - I gotta say it (Please excuse me for this)

But he is now a HANGING CHAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back