PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Chad Jackson released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I'm not surprised. He never lived up to expectations, not even close.

Thanks for the breakdown. You rely more heavily on statistics than I do, so I'll agree to disagree with you here. When stats are that close, and that marginal, I trust my eyes and guts. I would take 2003-2004 Bethel over 2006-current Jackson, especially because Bethel did show that he could do it when he had to. I just never felt that way about CJack. Anyway, I wish the guy luck.

Re: the 40 yard dash times, sure, that makes sense. I tend to hate objective measurements anyway.

But most importantly: do you not sleep? Where are you?

I live in Florida, I get about 4 hours of sleep a night (usually more on weekends, but I just bought a puppy and I don't want to be replacing rugs), and my business is one that requires the processing of a lot of paperwork. So, since I'm the owner, I end up working in front of 2-3 computers for long stretches of the day.

I think many comments don't take into account the 'big picture'.

It is NOT a few good plays that were highlights and won critical games that count most. It all the OTHER plays where not 'getting it' kept the Patriots from keeping a drive going. It's not the few plays - it is the contribution as a whole body of work. Belichick and Pioli obviously keep the players who make the largest percentage of 'good' plays as opposed to the players with 'potential' or who make the few plays that impressed everyone but let the team down in ways that we probably couldn't even have been aware of. That is why BJ and CJ are not on the team now is my guess and the plays that you liked don't add up to very much in Belichick's and Pioli's book.

And, of course, Belichick and Pioli have proven that they make these kind of tradeoffs pretty well .....

I was hugely impressed with the percentage of players from the early drafts that made the team and made solid contributions. I'm beginning to be not so impressed with a couple of the recent years - to my disappointment. I hope this year's draft turns out better. That said, Belichick and Pioli still seem to have an enviable record of drafting solid players in the first round and avoiding busts - although I could wish that Watson and Maroney showed just a wee bit more contribution...

I'm not surprised one bit. The guy did NOTHING his entire stay in NE.

It is NOT a few good plays that were highlights and won critical games that count most. It all the OTHER plays where not 'getting it' kept the Patriots from keeping a drive going. It's not the few plays - it is the contribution as a whole body of work. Belichick and Pioli obviously keep the players who make the largest percentage of 'good' plays as opposed to the players with 'potential' or who make the few plays that impressed everyone but let the team down in ways that we probably couldn't even have been aware of. That is why BJ and CJ are not on the team now is my guess and the plays that you liked don't add up to very much in Belichick's and Pioli's book.
Great post. Insightful.

And, of course, Belichick and Pioli have proven that they make these kind of tradeoffs pretty well .....

I was hugely impressed with the percentage of players from the early drafts that made the team and made solid contributions. I'm beginning to be not so impressed with a couple of the recent years - to my disappointment. I hope this year's draft turns out better. That said, Belichick and Pioli still seem to have an enviable record of drafting solid players in the first round and avoiding busts - although I could wish that Watson and Maroney showed just a wee bit more contribution...

Maroney has done enough so far to be worth a late one and This year IMO he will really go off and make you put this in the category of other goos 1st round picks Beioli have made.

Maroney has done enough so far to be worth a late one and This year IMO he will really go off and make you put this in the category of other goos 1st round picks Beioli have made.

I hope you're right. I haven't seen it yet, at least not consistently enough. I'm glad we have Morris and Jordan to fill in, because I just don't see Maroney being a full time back at this point.

Prove me wrong, Laurence! :eat1:

I hope you're right. I haven't seen it yet, at least not consistently enough. I'm glad we have Morris and Jordan to fill in, because I just don't see Maroney being a full time back at this point.

he needs help from the oline in order to do that...

I'm so glad you don't work in the Pats front office.

and you really hope he makes us look stupid?????? I hope you are not planning on being this years "fan of the year". :confused:

No, I don't plan on being "fan of the year" because I'm not brain washed like most fans on this board. Your glad I don't work in the Pats front office because I wouldn't trade up picks for Chad Jackson ::confused:? So your saying the Pats made the right decision in trading up for Jackson? How does that kool-aid taste?

Last edited:
No, I don't plan on being "fan of the year" because I'm not brain washed like most fans on this board. Your glad I don't work in the Pats front office because I wouldn't trade up picks for Chad Jackson ::confused:? So your saying the Pats made the right decision in trading up for Jackson? How does that kool-aid taste?

Dude, I get where you're coming from on this stuff. The actions of the front office have been bizarre, and have left far too many questions unanswered. It's kept players that aren't NFL worthy while cutting those that are. It's made signings that were abject failures, and it's "no information will be released, no matter how unimportant it is that such information be kept secret" policy opens it up to questioning and second-guessing like no other team in the NFL.

However, the team went 18-1 last season. The loss of Jackson and Lynch, even if they have a fairly big impact, won't be the reason this team fails to make the playoffs or anything like that.

He already has.

Career avg yards per carry:

4.4 Maroney
4.1 Jordan
4.0 Morris

Career avg yard per reception:
11.9 Maroney
8.2 Jordan
7.0 Morris

Dude, I get where you're coming from on this stuff. The actions of the front office have been bizarre, and have left far too many questions unanswered. It's kept players that aren't NFL worthy while cutting those that are. It's made signings that were abject failures, and it's "no information will be released, no matter how unimportant it is that such information be kept secret" policy opens it up to questioning and second-guessing like no other team in the NFL.

However, the team went 18-1 last season. The loss of Jackson and Lynch, even if they have a fairly big impact, won't be the reason this team fails to make the playoffs or anything like that.

Your right. And you know what? It's nice to hear that there is an open minded Pats fan that actually questions the moves of the organization. I know Jackson isn't the savior and the key to this season but he was that guy that a lot people on this board thought was going to be a good player. It's even more upsetting when the team even traded up to get him when they could have stayed put and selected Jennings or Hester. And it's not like Jennings came out of nowhere, lots of people were high on Jennings before the draft. But this offseason might be just as bad or worse than 2005. All I'm trying to do is worn Pats fans that if the Pats lose in the post season, I will not be shocked this time around. They went the cheap route trying to replace Samuel and they failed again.

Last edited:
What a shame and what a waste. Not just a second round pick, but they traded up to get him. If he goes somewhere else and does well, I sure hope it isn't in the Division or even in the AFC.

Last edited:
What a shame and what a waste. Not just a second round pick, but they traded up to get him. If he goes somewhere else and does well, I sure hope it isn't in the Division or even in the AFC.

Off the top of my head, I think CJ was the second wide out drafted after Holmes.

One of the toughest things for an NFL team to do with a high draft pick is to cut the player to cut further losses. If a player is having a problem assimilating the playbook and continually makes mental errors, it is important for the team to move in a different direction. The Pats did this a season sooner with Jackson than they did with Johnson. Let's say team management had been down this road before and didn't want to spend further resources on attempting to develop a player not capable of fitting into their future plans, and the future for Jackson was now.

Your right. And you know what? It's nice to hear that there is an open minded Pats fan that actually questions the moves of the organization.

Is that what you think you are??

Belichick just spoke about Jackson while on WEEI. His claim was that Jackson worked hard this offseason (Nobody worked harder) and there were no problems with anything there, but that the other players just beat him out. So, either Belichick confused Jackson with Jones and cut the wrong guy by mistake, or he was lying his ass off, because Jones didn't outplay anybody.

Last edited:
"Belichick's a liar!!!....how soon before the Patriots Genius Party Posse starts calling for BB's head and comes up with "20 better head coaches!!!!" to replace him ?

Yea, he really owed it to us to sh*t all over Jackson in that interview. But instead he lied, just like he always does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore