PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Chad Jackson released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. Argue away. I was talking production. Arguing "career" about a player who's really only played as a rookie is silly.

What's silly is insisting that Chad Jackson is somehow more productive than a player who scored three crucial TDs in a championship season. Meanwhile two out of three of Chad Jackson's career TDs came in the second half of blowouts. The other was in the second game of his career which must have been a fluke. Jackson played last year so he wasn't a rookie. The fact is Jackson has been an embarrassment for this organization even before he played a down.

What's silly is insisting that Chad Jackson is somehow more productive than a player who scored three crucial TDs in a championship season. Meanwhile two out of three of Chad Jackson's career TDs came in the second half of blowouts. The other was in the second game of his career which must have been a fluke. Jackson played last year so he wasn't a rookie. The fact is Jackson has been an embarrassment for this organization even before he played a down.

No, what's silly is belittling numbers because you don't like the timing. He produced on the field better than Johnson did. End of story. And if the team was embarrassed by a kid of that young age doing something harmless, the team needs to loosen up.

Again..... Jackson produced more than Johnson. He simply had fewer years to accumulate the numbers. Go look at NFL.com and compare career stats.
Stats do not tell the whole story...AT ALL...Bethel had two kickoff returns that were key in games...against Cleveland that WAS the game..and he had a big catch against Seattle and in other games...and what game as Jackson played that big a part in?? I was hoping he would have had a chance with Brady..but..apparently they wished otherwise had made their decision..

No, what's silly is belittling numbers because you don't like the timing. He produced on the field better than Johnson did. End of story. And if the team was embarrassed by a kid of that young age doing something harmless, the team needs to loosen up.

Johnson had better numbers than Jackson did. Johnson played for more years, but counting on Jackson to continue the pace of his rookie season is a ridiculous assumption considering he couldn't even make the 45 in his sophomore season when he was healthy.

Holmes was taken in the first round!

We could have drafted him instead of LoMo, but just.. no!

Yea I screwed up with Holmes - how bout Greg Jennings?

The main point is that David Givens exited stage left before the draft. We then picked up Chad. Then Deion exited stage right just as the season started. (for draft pick Merriweather). Brady was throwing to Reche, Troy (an old Troy), Doug Gabriel, Chad, and Gaffney (towards the end). That was the WR corp. Today Moss, Welker, an improved Gaffney etc. Even with CHAD = BUST the wheeling and dealing has improved Brady's targets. That's all that matters.

Johnson had better numbers than Jackson did. Johnson played for more years, but counting on Jackson to continue the pace of his rookie season is a ridiculous assumption considering he couldn't even make the 45 in his sophomore season when he was healthy.

No, Johnson did not have better numbers.

For everyone who thinks BB never screws up - Well here is a big one for you - BB is as all coaches are,just a guy hoping a collegiate athlete can be a good pro - not so in the case.

Coaches picking players are like buying into the stock market - You simply have no idea until things start moving along before you know whether you invested in the right or wrong.

and what game as Jackson played that big a part in?? ..

The game at the Jets his rookie season. Caught a touchdown pass and another one or two good grabs, as I recall.

this funnier considering all the praise BB had to jackson for working in this camp.

The game at the Jets his rookie season. Caught a touchdown pass and another one or two good grabs, as I recall.
That did help contribute to a lead...and a win....one game..as compaired to a few with Johnson..which had MORE impact.

we should change this thread title to "The Legacy of Chad Jackson"

Thank God I don't have to hear anymore "Give Chad a chance" threads. :)

Great. Argue away. I was talking production. Arguing "career" about a player who's really only played as a rookie is silly. The fact that even the raw production numbers are close shows just how little Johnson actually did. Jackson has been an All-Pro by comparison.

That's bunk DI. Bethel wasn't nearly as gifted but while maddeningly inconsistent he was at least versatile. I remember when he drafted him Bill rationalized the selection by saying you can't coach speed. I've always chuckled at how it turns out you probably can't coach it up sufficiently to play effectively in this system. They were nearly identical twins from the neck up. Although while one struggled to maintain focus he never struck me as arrogant about it. The other seemed to have a sense of entitlement out the gate which I blame in part of Kraft for letting him pose along side the #1 selection that year as if he was 1a.

I also recall his college coach saying it took him a year to assimilate in practice concepts he appeared to grasp in theory. He won't get 1+ year shots let alone 2+ year shots from here on out so he may well be Bethel II. The NFL roadside is littered with unrealized potential.

Last edited:
That's bunk DI. Bethel wasn't nearly as gifted but while maddeningly inconsistent he was at least versatile. I remember when he drafted him Bill rationalized the selection by saying you can't coach speed. I've always chuckled at how it turns out you probably can't coach it up sufficiently to play effectively in this system. They were nearly identical twins from the neck up. Although while one struggled to maintain focus he never struck me as arrogant about it. The other seemed to have a sense of entitlement out the gate which I blame in part of Kraft for letting him pose along side the #1 selection that year as if he was 1a.

I also recall his college coach saying it took him a year to assimilate in practice concepts he appeared to grasp in theory. He won't get 1+ year shots let alone 2+ year shots from here on out so he may well be Bethel II. The NFL roadside is littered with unrealized potential.

It's not bunk. Go compare the data from NFL.com. I posted it somewhere on the board earlier today, so I'm not going to track it down again.

I personally think Jackson tried too hard this preseason. Whether it was not calling that fair catch that he got whacked on, or doing jumping jacks to get Gutz attention to toss him the ball with 1v1 coverage (which he promptly stumbled and fell over looking like an idiot). If he just did his job instead of trying to get on sportscenter each play he would be in the same boat as CJ Jones and Ventrone as part of the 53.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Irae

Seymour93 is right, but I suspect Deus Irae already knows that (and no, the never concede a point shtick is not very entertaining).

Last edited:
First off, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Likely, that's one time more than you.

Second, what I've said about Jackson is that he's got talent and he needs to have a healthy year after a full training camp before he's called a bust. However, you keep crowing as if you have a clue about anything significant. I can always use the laughs.

You are right Deus. Your view > than BB's. Please. he showed nothing, in games or practice.

Bethel's catch in the Seattle regular season game, and his catch in the Titans playoff game > any catch Jackson ever made in the NFL.

I bet C-Jack lands in Cinci... they've been open about their need to add receivers.

Chad won't get past the Jets and Mangini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick