PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: BB and Pioli break silence over Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB and Pioli break silence over Walsh

It's interesting that they are so eager to believe the accuser and NOT the accused.

If Walsh produces a tape I'll believe him. If he does not, I'll think he's the jerk that everyone around here thinks he is. I don't think he'd be making all this noise unless he has something.

Unless he's got nothing and just some "stories" he can tell and try to sell to the media for a few bucks.

I am glad the Pats are responding to some of the crap, but I already see Gregg Easterbrook's and Mike Florio's articles now about how the Patriots are trying to smear the poor victim of Matt Walsh because he is brave enough to expose the Patriots for the worst spying incidents in American history since Watergate. And even Watergate was just a little break in. The Patriots destroyed the integrity of the NFL and the fabric of our American culture.

Are you F'in kidding me? THIS is what ESPN and Sportsline put up: BOSTON -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick has denied suggestions by a former employee that his club taped St. Louis' walkthrough before the 2002 Super Bowl.

Belichick told the Boston Globe that in his entire coaching career, he has never seen recordings of another team's practice before playing that team.

Still, Belichick apologized to the league, the other teams, the fans and the team for the controversy caused by the entire taping incident.

WTF, man? Everyone wanted a damn explanation, now he gives it and they don't even print it. Son of a *****!!!!

I swear to Christ, BB could save a bunch of babies trapped in a burning nursery, and ESPN would twist it into "Belichick lights nursery on fire".

I would have been shocked if they had done anything more. :rolleyes:
My friend do your blood pressure a favor, don't bother with ESPN. It has done wonders for my disposition. :D

Are you F'in kidding me? THIS is what ESPN and Sportsline put up: BOSTON -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick has denied suggestions by a former employee that his club taped St. Louis' walkthrough before the 2002 Super Bowl.

Belichick told the Boston Globe that in his entire coaching career, he has never seen recordings of another team's practice before playing that team.

Still, Belichick apologized to the league, the other teams, the fans and the team for the controversy caused by the entire taping incident.

WTF, man? Everyone wanted a damn explanation, now he gives it and they don't even print it. Son of a *****!!!!

I swear to Christ, BB could save a bunch of babies trapped in a burning nursery, and ESPN would twist it into "Belichick lights nursery on fire".

The times at least got the gist of it...
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/18/belichick-opens-up-or-whos-matt-walsh/
February 18, 2008, 12:01 am
Belichick Opens Up (Or, Who’s Matt Walsh?)

By Andrew Das

The Boston Globe has the first comments from Patriots Coach Bill Belichick on the spying scandal that he no doubt wishes would go away. Among other things, Belichick said he “couldn’t pick Matt Walsh out of a lineup,” a reference to the former Patriots staff member who has hinted that he may have a lot to say about the Patriots’ video library.

Belichick, for his part, said he was shocked — shocked! — by the insuation that he would ever videotape an opponent’s practice, or even be interested in watching a tape of one.

‘‘In my entire coaching career, I’ve never seen another team’s practice film prior to playing that team,’’ he said. ‘‘I have never authorized, or heard of, or even seen in any way, shape, or form any other team’s walkthrough. We don’t even film our own. We don’t even want to see ourselves do anything, that’s the pace that it’s at. Regardless, I’ve never been a part of that.’’

Belichick added that in his ‘‘entire coaching career, I have never filmed a walkthrough, our own. I’ve never been on a staff that has filmed a walkthrough. I’m talking about when I was a head coach. As an assistant, I’ve never seen a head coach film a walkthrough the day before a game.’’

Scott Pioli, the Patriots’ vice president for player personnel, took on Walsh in the story, saying that Walsh was fired after he was caught taping conversations with Pioli. Walsh’s lawyer called that charge a “complete fabrication.”

I'd like to see BB's side of the story take off....

Eww and the espn report is directly from the AP, which is pathetic that that's all they have for now in their report...

My friend do your blood pressure a favor, don't bother with ESPN. It has done wonders for my disposition. :D

they cant read the whole article on air on refer to all the quotes. they just mentioned about the rams game. not about his interpretation. they made their own interpretation that he apologized.

You are most likely right. I wish my gym got NFLN so I could turn that on while on the treadmill, though. Watching Headline News is highly boring.

Well, I imagine NFLN will be all over it and report it positivley. Seeing Marshall Faulk squirm should be fun. :rofl:

they cant read the whole article on air on refer to all the quotes. they just mentioned about the rams game. not about his interpretation. they made their own interpretation that he apologized.

Did they indicate what he was apologizing for? Did they indicate that BB flatly denied ever authorizing the videotaping of a teams walkthrough before a game at least?

Last edited:

This was a fantastic birthday present to receive. I'm super excited for next season now.

I have a feeling 19-0 is going to be on the table again. :D

If Walsh produces a tape I'll believe him. If he does not, I'll think he's the jerk that everyone around here thinks he is. I don't think he'd be making all this noise unless he has something.

Unless he's got nothing and just some "stories" he can tell and try to sell to the media for a few bucks.

You don't get it.

Walsh has already proven to be a liar.

Did you read Pioli's words? He called out Walsh. He made a claim that Walsh is not a reputable person.

Walsh's attorney actually said that Pioli's claim is a "total fabrication."

Do you realize what this means? It means the Patriots are liable for slandering this guy at this point. He can take them to a court of law and WIN if indeed this is a lie. I'm certain that the Patriots have proof that he taped them.

That's why Walsh's claim (and his lawyer's claim) that Scott Pioli is a liar is 99.9% proof that Walsh is a liar.

You still think there's a possibility this guy isn't lying? Do you even realize what Pioli said? This was not "he said, she said." You don't ruin a guy's reputation lightly.

If my kids sleep through the night (they have been sick the last few days) this will just about be the perfect night! Hell, I feel like I have won money or something (except for the ESPN bullsh!t).

You don't get it.

Did you read Pioli's words? He called out Walsh. He made a claim that Walsh is not a reputable person.

Do you realize what this means? It means the Patriots are liable for slandering this guy at this point. He can take them to a court of law and WIN if indeed this is a lie. I'm certain that the Patriots have proof that he taped them.

That's why Walsh's claim (and his lawyer's claim) that Scott Pioli is a liar is 99.9% proof that Walsh is a liar.

You still think there's a possibility this guy isn't lying? Do you even realize what Pioli said? This was not "he said, she said." You don't ruin a guy's reputation lightly.

I agree. If the Pats are just making this up to discredit Walsh, Walsh will have a lawsuit against the Pats pretty quickly. If six months from now there is no lawsuit by Walsh, it is pretty obvious that Walsh was fired for taping Pioli's conversations. That also makes me think that if Walsh has any videotapes, he might have done it himself on his own.

You don't get it.

Do you believe Roger Clemens or Brian McNamee? Mcnamee is a scumbag, but that doesn't mean Clemens didn't do it.

If Walsh produces a tape will you believe him, or did he do it on his own?

You don't get it.

It sounds like BB is clear, but Pioli might have some embarrassment if this goes to trial. Would you want your work conversations made public? I am not saying there is anything against the rules in the possible tapes, but possibly embarrassing, or else I think Kraft would already have a team of lawyers working on the case.

Do you believe Roger Clemens or Brian McNamee? Mcnamee is a scumbag, but that doesn't mean Clemens didn't do it.

That's not even the point. Clemens has cause to sue McNamee for slander. But McNamee has a few syringes with Clemens' blood on it. Get it?

When you slander someone's reputation, you better have the evidence to back it up. Why do you think Clemens isn't suing McNamee? For the same reason Walsh isn't going to sue Pioli. Clemens=Walsh=Liar.

I feel like running a post pattern at Randy Moss speed right now ... :singing:

It sounds like BB is clear, but Pioli might have some embarrassment if this goes to trial. Would you want your work conversations made public? I am not saying there is anything against the rules in the possible tapes, but possibly embarrassing, or else I think Kraft would already have a team of lawyers working on the case.

What could be embarrassing? This is sports. Beyond a few cusswords, what could they possibly be embarrassed about?

WHY do so many ppl think this situation parallels baseball's steriods scandal...it does NOT. McNamee was Roger Clemens personal TRAINER and he was right about Andy Petite. He had some credibility. Not to mention he was testifying direct information to a senator, any lie would result in MAJOR implications. Walsh has come out and said he could have something he could not have something, if someone pays him money and covers him he could have something but then again maybe not...Pioli even details what exactly walsh's job was

‘‘He had come from video, so the first few months his job was to make highlight tapes of draft-eligible players, guys who were going to be free agents,’’ he said. ‘‘It’s like the entry-level position that we have all the scouting assistants in. It’s essentially the same job that I did 15 years ago, which was making copies, picking people up at the airport, data entry, more of the highlight tapes of the players, the draft-eligible guys.’’

And Pioli has TWO witnesses to Matt Walsh taping conversations
Pioli said he learned of the recording because ‘‘two other employees saw him doing it, and I checked after, and heard it on the tape myself.’’

This is not the same thing as the Roger Clemens ordeal, and just because you want to believe Walsh does not mean you or he is right. Common sense would indicate that the more credible side in this is the Patriots. Walsh's credibility has rightfully so taken a MAJOR hit.

What could be embarrassing? This is sports. Beyond a few cusswords, what could they possibly be embarrassed about?

Maybe Walsh taped Pioli telling him to videotape the Ram's walkthrough :eek::rolleyes:

I think its only a matter of time till until the media starts speculating that Walsh was tape recording people and stealing videotapes because he's a heroic whistle blower

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes