PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: BB and Pioli break silence over Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB and Pioli break silence over Walsh

Nice that when Mohammed speaks, it's to Reiss.

This thing is DOA. Bill doesn't even know who this clown was/is and Pioli basically said he was an incompetent gopher sent packing for illegally audiotaping their conversations. Jives with what that guy on fannation.com said - that he could have been prosecuted but the team decided to just cut him loose.

All of this was blown out of all proportion the day Goodell levied his penalty. Idiot.

So much for that best selling book and talk show deals that Walsh was booking on, looks like he needs to clean out his pension fund to pay off his high priced no class of a lawyer and better get used to holding old men's hip and telling them they swing it real well!
The Douch!

Nice that when Mohammed speaks, it's to Reiss.

This thing is DOA. Bill doesn't even know who this clown was/is and Pioli basically said he was an incompetent gopher sent packing for illegally audiotaping their conversations. Jives with what that guy on fannation.com said - that he could have been prosecuted but the team decided to just cut him loose.

All of this was blown out of all proportion the day Goodell levied his penalty. Idiot.

I totally forgot about that info from fannation. Thanks for reminding me, and you are right MO. It does seem to back up what that guy said.

FINALLY! Any coincidence it was Reiss who got the story?

I'm sure they picked him because they know he's a quality reporter who's not going to twist his words around to make make it more exciting. Of course the problem is other reporters aren't above picking bits and pieces from this article and making it seem like he was saying some he didn't.

beginning of something? i sure hope so

I swear I saw film of a Patriots' walkthrough in a hotel right before one of the Super Bowls (think it was in 2004)

I'm like, 99% positive it was walkthrough footage. I don't think it matters but I'm sure if that is the case then someone will pop up and say that BB is lying about the Patriots not taping their own walkthroughs. Regardless I believe him and I imagine that walkthroughs are worth ****-all for info.

You saw it on Channel 5's Patriots All Access. They ran that walkthrough in a hotel ballroom. All Access is the media arm - they film lots of stuff, including in the locker room, to be shown as behind the scenes footage on the weekly show, after the fact. That has nothing to do with the football ops or coaches.

The Herald's latest Pats news is that Alge Crumpler was released! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Damn Walsh for assisting our loss in the superbowl for adding to the distractions the piece of chit, This man could screw up a cup of coffee.

FINALLY! Any coincidence it was Reiss who got the story?

certainly no coincidence it was the Globe and not the Herald

Pats are finally playing offense

The Herald's latest Pats news is that Alge Crumpler was released! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It would give me GREAT JOY to see Bob Kraft deny that rag of a newspaper any access to his football team in the future.

just imagine how much bb controlled this whole season and kept the team playing. he couldve said all this in week 3 and started a back and forth match with the league. instead he chose to do his job-coach the team.i know a lot of people think he couldve said this before. but if wouldve started more debates and conversations and it wouldve spiralled into weekly questions and answers with people like spector.
iam glad and respect what he did to keep his team focused and took the hit day in day out.i just wish reiss had asked about the sept 2006 warning. iam sure thats what ESPN and florio will go after now.

Yeah I think he expected Goodell to do his job as commish and have control over the situation so that it wouldn't have gotten out of control like it did. Unfortunately, as we all know, Goodell failed miserably at that. :bricks:

So glad to hear BB address this and major props to REISS. :) I always enjoy reading his pieces unlike some OTHER NOT TO BE NAMED EVER AGAIN BY ME, person...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! FINALLYYYYY! Man this made my whole weekend! I LOVE BB! IN BILL WE TRUST!

Yeah I think he expected Goodell to do his job as commish and have control over the situation so that it wouldn't have gotten out of control like it did. Unfortunately, as we all know, Goodell failed miserably at that. :bricks:

So glad to hear BB address this and major props to REISS. :) I always enjoy reading his pieces unlike some OTHER NOT TO BE NAMED EVER AGAIN BY ME, person...

Goodell do his job??? Hasnt done it since DAY 1. Hes an embarrassment. Thanks for dragging our team through the mud for no reason, Goodell. Oh wait, there was a reason...for you to look good. Screw off. Great Job Mike Reiss and BB and Scottie P for finally coming out and giving the middle finger to everyone!

i know goodell screwed up but i think he got pressured by the media after the pacman stuff and vick stuff to be harsh. hate to defend him but he was left with no choice. i blame it on the jealous media which hates BB. Just a great example of how much the channels control the game. And also a bit refreshing to see BB doesnt budge.

I'm gonna send Reiss a Candygram! :rocker:

Goodell do his job??? Hasnt done it since DAY 1. Hes an embarrassment. Thanks for dragging our team through the mud for no reason, Goodell. Oh wait, there was a reason...for you to look good. Screw off. Great Job Mike Reiss and BB and Scottie P for finally coming out and giving the middle finger to everyone!

I know! This is exactly what Pats fans have been waiting for since spygate broke in week 1....we all knew there was good reason for them to be silent and when they would break it, we also knew they would have something very informative. And they did, moreso than anything that has been written this year on this whole matter. I love the Pats/BB/SP/the whole organization. If you truly look at it, they were the only ones with the real class this whole time...all these taints over such a minor issue

It's about time someone said something. It worked too. BB comes off looking good in this, not with his usual "F the media" attitude. A good first move. Now lets see what Walsh has, if anything.

I have to give credit where credit is due to Deus Irae. When I read the article, BB says the exact same thing that Deus said just yesterday.

‘‘Just going back over the whole taping incident, if I contacted the league and asked them about the practice, I’m sure they would have told me — as they have done — that it is not permissible. Then I could have avoided all of this." BB

I don't defend the Patriots actions in totality, I criticize the actions of the Commissioner. It was within his authority to dismiss the Patriots' interpretation and, as I noted before, BB could have made a phone call to clarify before the year began.

From a tool on buffalobills.com :

"Word association game:

Cheater...

Liar?????

Yeah, that fits."

If it doesn't fit with their d@mn conspiracy theories, it's a lie. I swear some of the people (I use the term loosely) on that site are the biggest a-holes. There are some good ones, but there really are some f'n a-holes.

i know goodell screwed up but i think he got pressured by the media after the pacman stuff and vick stuff to be harsh. hate to defend him but he was left with no choice. i blame it on the jealous media which hates BB. Just a great example of how much the channels control the game. And also a bit refreshing to see BB doesnt budge.

I understand your point but I still see him to blame. As the commishioner it was his job to handle this situation, not what the media wanted, but what was fair to the actual rule being broken. Media perceptions always are screwed, and were even worse after his punishment. When there was all these other minor scandals we heard about (the colts pumping noise in their dome, the collusion with the titans, the jets videotaping the pats last year) everything was dismissed. He had a chance to show everyone how minor this was and explain it thoroughly like BB did today but he didn't. And this whole thing turned into a mess that it never should have. I don't see this happening with Tagliabue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots