PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: BB and Pioli break silence over Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB and Pioli break silence over Walsh

About time, let's see where this goes...

That article made me giddy. When's training camp open?

I swear I saw film of a Patriots' walkthrough in a hotel right before one of the Super Bowls (think it was in 2004)

I'm like, 99% positive it was walkthrough footage. I don't think it matters but I'm sure if that is the case then someone will pop up and say that BB is lying about the Patriots not taping their own walkthroughs. Regardless I believe him and I imagine that walkthroughs are worth ****-all for info.

So many points I'd like to quote, but that whole article is worth reading. thank you thank you THANK YOU...and once again look how stupid this whole "spygate" issue truly *is* ESPECIALLY the walkthrough allegations. The rams lawsuit looks even more foolish now, then ever before...

Last edited:

it's good to see them break their silence. We will see if it improves anything.

I swear I saw film of a Patriots' walkthrough in a hotel right before one of the Super Bowls (think it was in 2004)

I'm like, 99% positive it was walkthrough footage. I don't think it matters but I'm sure if that is the case then someone will pop up and say that BB is lying about the Patriots not taping their own walkthroughs. Regardless I believe him and I imagine that walkthroughs are worth ****-all for info.

It was before the Steelers AFC Championship game in 2004 (Jan 2005). And that was in a ballroom in the hotel. From the angle they showed (low from the side), there's no way that tape was done for coaching purposes. They were just chronicling incase they needed it for some tv special / dvd, which thankfully they did.

Last edited:

The stuff taped for Patriots All Access by channel 5 is not the type of video anyone is referring to here.

Last edited:

When the 11:00 news opened with breaking news on BB my heart stopped. I feared they'd say he's stepping down.

It was before the Steelers AFC Championship game in 2004 (Jan 2005). And that was in a ballroom in the hotel. From the angle they showed (low from the side), there's no way that tape was done for coaching purposes. They were just chronicling incase they needed it for some tv special / dvd, which thankfully they did.

You are correct. That's exactly where it was. I still have that game on tape from beginning to end.

Just saw this on Channel 7. I love it. I am getting so sick of hearing this crap. Let's end it.

FINALLY! Any coincidence it was Reiss who got the story?

Man I love BB, seriously what was anyone thinking, saying Mcdaniels's was ready to replace him.
Seriously let's draft Vernon Gholston sign Zach Thomas bring in Calvin Pace, Jacques Reeves, Brandon Chillar and call 2008 19 and 0 thank you very much Beoli.

After that entire statement ...
Especially after this:

‘‘In my entire coaching career, I’ve never seen another team’s practice film prior to playing that team,’’ [Belichick] said. ‘‘I have never authorized, or heard of, or even seen in any way, shape, or form any other team’s walkthrough. We don’t even film our own. We don’t even want to see ourselves do anything, that’s the pace that it’s at. Regardless, I’ve never been a part of that.’’

Belichick added that in his ‘‘entire coaching career, I have never filmed a walkthrough, our own. I’ve never been on a staff that has filmed a walkthrough. I’m talking about when I was a head coach. As an assistant, I’ve never seen a head coach film a walkthrough the day before a game.’’

... scratch Walsh.
Scratch Spector.
Actually, blast both those bums to blazes.

just imagine how much bb controlled this whole season and kept the team playing. he couldve said all this in week 3 and started a back and forth match with the league. instead he chose to do his job-coach the team.i know a lot of people think he couldve said this before. but if wouldve started more debates and conversations and it wouldve spiralled into weekly questions and answers with people like spector.
iam glad and respect what he did to keep his team focused and took the hit day in day out.i just wish reiss had asked about the sept 2006 warning. iam sure thats what ESPN and florio will go after now.

Last edited:

Pioli said Walsh was terminated in January of 2003 after he discovered Walsh was ‘‘secretly tape recording conversations between him and me.’’ Pioli said he learned of the recording because ‘‘two other employees saw him doing it, and I checked after, and heard it on the tape myself.’’

Walsh is completely discredited if the above is true.

Kudos to Reiss for getting the sitdown interviews on the taboo subject with some of the most secretive men in sports. I bet Tomase is drowning in a tub full of rocky road ice cream right now.

gg Spector.

Now go change your depends.

FINALLY! Any coincidence it was Reiss who got the story?

No it's not a coincidence. I've been emailing him all week about this, I'm sure many other fans have done the same. He's the ONLY reporter in this town that I have any respect for...and he got two NAMED "sources" on this story, not two "unnamed ones".
It's obvious that the Patriots Organization trust him. They trust him for the same reason that we all trust him. The guy is a straight shooter with very little agenda in his reporting. It is VERY Refreshing.

Matt Walsh can make all the denials that he wants. I'll bet money that the Pats not only have proof, but witnesses to back up their reasonings for firing him.

Well those remarks definately setup the plausible deniability that we've all theorized would be the problem for Walsh in bringing video tapes. Unless he somehow has audio of Pioli or Belichick ordering taping of those walkthroughs, the only thing damage is public reputation. To me it makes more sense that this guy was some low level nobody who thought he could make a dime one day and now he figures this is his time.

Lmao at this quote- I bet Tomase is drowning in a tub full of rocky road ice cream right now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes