PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins Defense vs. Pats Offense (against sub-par defenses)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line to all this is Brady. When you face a QB like Brady or Manning, it changes the dynamic of a defense. Anything your defense did against any other team doesn't count.

Given, but that doesnt make one of the best defensive backfields in the league completely irrelevant.

looks like a lot of correlation in those games you mentioned.

margin of victory:
21 on cowboys
21 on browns
21 on bengals
24 on chargers

I think the points are where they are because they feel pretty safe with a 3 TD lead.

if you still think your negative correlation holds up, doing an analysis on the run/pass ratio after the pats are up 2/3 TD's. i bet they run it more, therefore nullifying your "negative correlation"

Thank you, Professor.

Guys guys guys, i doubt belogical is saying we will completley shut you guys down. I am sure his point, is the same or similar to mine, our defense is the best you have seen so far this year, and we simply hope to slow you guys down enough to make it into a real football game. It is up to our offense to put some numbers on the board.

Guys guys guys, i doubt belogical is saying we will completley shut you guys down. I am sure his point, is the same or similar to mine, our defense is the best you have seen so far this year, and we simply hope to slow you guys down enough to make it into a real football game. It is up to our offense to put some numbers on the board.

agreed!!!!

Keep your b*tch in line.

I haven't followed the Skins much. Does Greg Williams still run that quasi 4-6 defense that he ran with the Bills?

How does that prove your point? Wouldn't that mean the Pats could score plenty more points? I certainly know that's the case against the Chargers, when the Pats went on multiple 8+ minute drives (one being ten minutes)? If they wanted to they could have put up 45 easily.

your serious, right?

yes, the pats could have scored more points, therefore nullifying his negative correlation! 34 against the browns doesn't matter, they could have scored 60!

I think the bigger question is what are the Redskins going to do against the 4th ranked defense in the league?

Rank Team G Pts/G TotPts Scrm Plys Yds/G Yds/P
4 NEP 7 17.1 120 393 274.9 4.9
5 Washington 6 14.7 88 383 276.8 4.3

your serious, right?

yes, the pats could have scored more points, therefore nullifying his negative correlation! 34 against the browns doesn't matter, they could have scored 60!

You're braindead. We didn't hold back against the browns. They played good D against us. The point: Enjoy your lofty defensive rating for the next few days, because it will not help your team on Sunday.

I think the bigger question is what are the Redskins going to do against the 4th ranked defense in the league?

finally!!!!!

a decent post!

it will be a struggle probably :)

Well, this is just a hunch but, it seems to me that teams generally score early against the Pats when they arent being beaten like a red-headed step-child. When the Pats get a lead teams generally try to sling the ball without focusing on other aspects. Pretty easy to shut that down.... If the Skins can control the clock from early possessions then we may may maaaaay have like a 35% chance at taking home the trophy.

hmmmmmm? Fred Smoot? Why does that name sound familiar?

Oh yeah, that was the guy that couldn't cover Reche Caldwell last year when we beat the Vikings. Got beat deep twice and allowed a TD . Perhaps he'll have better luck against our NEW receivers :singing:

I'd hope, for your sake, you're not depending on him to save the day. His record against Brady ain't so hot. Never been impressed with Smoot, he bites on play-action like a two year old defending a toy.

yeah, same D.

How'd Gregg fair with that D in Buffalo. Anyone remember how his teams did against us :cool:

Last edited:
hmmmmmm? Fred Smoot? Why does that name sound familiar?

Oh yeah, that was the guy that couldn't cover Reche Caldwell last year when we beat the Vikings. Got beat deep twice and allowed a TD . Perhaps he'll have better luck against our NEW receivers :singing:

I'd hope, for your sake, you're not depending on him to save the day. His record against Brady ain't so hot. Never been impressed with Smoot, he bites on play-action like a two year old defending a toy.

Well he generally comes in on nickel and dime Situations. But watching your offense he will prob be out there with Macklin alot more than usual.

How'd Gregg fair with that D in Buffalo. Anyone remember how his teams did against us :cool:
They did well against us.

Of course, we didn't have the weapons then that we have now. Nor did we have this OL and this now well experienced QB.

You do realize we have Moss, right?

As for moss, you remember what happened last time we played against him? If not, it's detailed in wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss

See image :)

"During the last game of the regular season against the Washington Redskins, Moss was caught walking off the field and into the locker room with 2 seconds left on the clock. Critics criticized Moss for quitting on his team. Moss stated afterward that he didn’t think Minnesota would recover the onside kick."

Attachments

• 050106_moss.jpg
    050106_moss.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft