PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins Defense vs. Pats Offense (against sub-par defenses)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did well against us.

Of course, we didn't have the weapons then that we have now. Nor did we have this OL and this now well experienced QB.

yeah, gregg's D's have almost always been ranked in the top 10.

They did well against us.

Of course, we didn't have the weapons then that we have now. Nor did we have this OL and this now well experienced QB.

They did? ......... The Bills were 1-5 against us in 2001-2003 and were outscored 160-75. The only bright spot being the 31-0 game the week after we let Milloy go.

Last edited:
They did......... The Bills were 1-5 against us in 2001-2003 and were outscored 160-75. The only bright spot being the 31-0 game the week after we let Milloy go.
I meant how Williams' defense did against the Pats offense. Williams always had a good defensive product while in Buffalo, especially given how dreadful his offenses were.

enough talk, see you Sunday!

and don't forget, we sit on the couches, and they play :D

Yeah, your NFC 4-2 record is terrifying. Hey, any given sunday though I guess. We'll see this weekend.

The Skins pass defense this season has been a no blitzing approach. Kind of strange from a Williams D, but we've rushed 3or4 every play against passing offenses with literally no blitzing. This has been working very well against passing offenses and we have the safeties to run cover 2's and cover 3's.

Gregg mixes up the zones and our CBs are all comfortable in single-man coverages. (Rogers and Smoot will be playing btw)

I'm not sure if schemes or personnel apply when talking about defending the Patriots offense this year, but we'll see on Sunday. I expect us to run a similar defense against you guys. A heavy blitz scheme seems to be a recipe for disaster with your WR's, they're all great YAC.

The Skins pass defense this season has been a no blitzing approach. Kind of strange from a Williams D, but we've rushed 3or4 every play against passing offenses with literally no blitzing. This has been working very well against passing offenses and we have the safeties to run cover 2's and cover 3's.

Gregg mixes up the zones and our CBs are all comfortable in single-man coverages. (Rogers and Smoot will be playing btw)

I'm not sure if schemes or personnel apply when talking about defending the Patriots offense this year, but we'll see on Sunday. I expect us to run a similar defense against you guys. A heavy blitz scheme seems to be a recipe for disaster with your WR's, they're all great YAC.

Thanks, that's interesting Williams has changed up.

I saw plenty of his D living in proximity to Buffalo and it was always a high risk defense predicated on 6 man pressure, man coverage outside and at SS.

Williams has an excellent mind for defensive football. That he's become flexible will be interesting. I look forward to seeing what he comes up with to try and contain this Patriot offense.

I think Williams needs to keep NE to under 20 points in order to win this game and I'm not sure that's likely if even possible.

#1 - It's not a fair question, and this is why.

We are 4-2 because we have beaten 4 teams and lost to 2. I could quote foxsports.com and say what they said, how we are 2 plays away from 6-0, but i won't. Why? because we lost, so we are 4-2. Same goes for stats that could have been, should have been, would have been. They are what they are, just basic facts.

Ummmm, two of your "wins":

1) At home against Miami 13-10
2) At home against Arizona 19-17

We apologize for laughing so much at you, but........

Ummmm, two of your "wins":

1) At home against Miami 13-10
2) At home against Arizona 19-17

We apologize for laughing so much at you, but........

A W is a W.... and im glad you find humor in it?

Hey, YOU guys are the ones pushing the ever important "stats".

Umm i pretty much just said our defense might be good enough to slow you guys down enough to make it atleast a little interesting.......... but sure.....

As for moss, you remember what happened last time we played against him? If not, it's detailed in wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss

See image :)

"During the last game of the regular season against the Washington Redskins, Moss was caught walking off the field and into the locker room with 2 seconds left on the clock. Critics criticized Moss for quitting on his team. Moss stated afterward that he didn’t think Minnesota would recover the onside kick."

And here I was about to come and defend you for having been making decent arguments and being respectful... And now you post THIS garbage? Tell me, how - in ANY WAY - is this relevant to the game on Sunday?

We are going to BLOW YOUR DOORS OFF. Your team is F'd. And it's a shame you had to go and stoop like this because you had been doing an admirable job until you downshifted into troll mode.

And here I was about to come and defend you for having been making decent arguments and being respectful... And now you post THIS garbage? Tell me, how - in ANY WAY - is this relevant to the game on Sunday?

We are going to BLOW YOUR DOORS OFF. Your team is F'd. And it's a shame you had to go and stoop like this because you had been doing an admirable job until you downshifted into troll mode.

Now now, lets not get ahead of ourselves. I do not think the Redskins will win this Sunday. BUT, i DO think we will make it more of a game than anybody has so far this season. 24-14

Now now, lets not get ahead of ourselves. I do not think the Redskins will win this Sunday. BUT, i DO think we will make it more of a game than anybody has so far this season. 24-14

I think Dallas said that too............. and Cinci....... and Cleveland, and..... well you know where I'm going with this. :singing:

Top NFC defense vs. top AFC offense = asswhupping.

See Pats vs. Cowboys.

I think Dallas said that too............. and Cinci....... and Cleveland, and..... well you know where I'm going with this. :singing:

Yep, but Dallas doesnt have the Secondary we do. They are fast, but we have the fastest and top ranked defense in the NFC. I realize that is saying like we won the special olympics, but still, we can make this into a game. And Cinci and Cleveland are just dreadful.

Last edited:
i DO think we will make it more of a game than anybody has so far this season. 24-14

Why on Earth would you think you'd give us more of a game than DALLAS? Are you high?

Why on Earth would you think you'd give us more of a game than DALLAS? Are you high?

Um... well.... our DB's are better... our LB's are better... the only defensive area they have us is on the line... Even if you take out the Pats game they are still giving up more points than we are. 18.3... as opposed to 14.7. Sorry?

Um... well.... our DB's are better... our LB's are better... the only defensive area they have us is on the line... Even if you take out the Pats game they are still giving up more points than we are. 18.3... as opposed to 14.7. Sorry?
4 points. OK.

Dallas is averaging 32.4 PPG. Washington is averaging 20.3. And on the road Washington is averaging 17.

There you go.

Last edited:
i think landry and sean taylor are going to give the pats some trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes