PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins cut Donte’ Stallworth !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have short memory. Brady did not like Stallworth, after the dallas game, I think he maybe got like 3 catches till the superbowl. I always wondered why they never used him.
He was used heavily in the first half of the season then went cold. Don't know what happened.
In the grand scheme of things we had over 40 catches though. Lets see if Brady wants.

may be he should suck up and start throwing to open receivers instead of forcing it to his "favorite / trust worthy" TE / WR in triple coverage. That way he will throw less number of picks on opponents territory :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This guy would be a better deep threat.

wilforkbolt6.jpg

Why not if the speed is still there. Plus, he had some good run after catch ability when he was here in 07.

But he can't perform any worse than Eldelman.
He will be an upgrade over a lot of guys if he is active, but then the last guy Shanahan cut has not turn out so well for us thus far.

Exactly

And besides Edelman should be let go for character reasons and an upstanding vet like Stallworth brought in!

The answer is "NO"

Patsfans, where the answer to every problem is to sign more offensive players.

You guys have short memory. Brady did not like Stallworth, after the dallas game, I think he maybe got like 3 catches till the superbowl. I always wondered why they never used him.
He was used heavily in the first half of the season then went cold. Don't know what happened.
In the grand scheme of things we had over 40 catches though. Lets see if Brady wants.

His production declined with Gaffney's increase production. For whatever reason (injury) Gaffney essentially replaced him 24 catches in a six game stretch. Maybe twice now, since Gaffney is in Washington too.

I vote to pass on Stallworth. I actually found Ocho's last game to be promising.

Better yet, let's sign Randy Moss.

Why didn't we keep Stallworth after the 2007 season?
Anyone know?

(Wasn't around the internet much in 2008)

Why didn't we keep Stallworth after the 2007 season?
Anyone know?

(Wasn't around the internet much in 2008)

He was the #4 by the end of the year. Gaffney beat him out for #3.

I vote to pass on Stallworth. I actually found Ocho's last game to be promising.

Too bad our votes don't count, if they did maybe Bellichick wouldn't be under so much fire from fans and mediots! Collectively we couldnt have done much worse these past few years right?

Hehe I kid I kid:D

Stallworth wouldn't do anything if we signed him now. We would be better off signing TO at this point. We should have gotten Sidney Rice or Brandon Lloyd, anyone else agree or even Braylon Edwards ? Man, we could have gotten Dez Bryant in the draft and even of traded a few draft picks for Boldin possibly

SIGN HIM !!!! BEFORE THE JETS GET HIM TOO!!!!!

cl.jpg

SIGN HIM !!!! BEFORE THE JETS GET HIM TOO!!!!!

cl.jpg

A chicken? I believe the Jets already have one.
Mark Sanchez. Didn't you see the Florence Sanchez Gif??

I beg to differ...Sanchez is a CAPON...a neutered, male clucker....

Calling all Chad Jacksons! Please report to duty!

He was the #4 by the end of the year. Gaffney beat him out for #3.

Which brings me to my next question....

No, in all seriousness I realize that the Broncos threw a lot more money at Gaffney than we could pay him, but I wonder if they came close to matching the offer to some level? Say 3 mill/per vs the Broncos 4 mill/per? I still believe Gaffney could've kept contributing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye