PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins are the favorites to land Holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutting players that have money due and taking no Cap hit?

No collusion there.....just take that dead money and pretend it doesn't exist......sure sounds like a way to keep the Jets halfway credible this season...

Goodell is a NYJ in commish clothing.....

LOL @ anyone thinking the commissioner favors any team over another.

How old are you guys?

If I am the Jets I sign up for losing Holmes, Smith and Cro if it means Edwards and Nnamdi.

I think that's an overallocation of resources into the CB position. They even drafted a 1st rounder last year. I would spend the money elsewhere for sure. If they play a run-first offense, then that greatly reduces the benefit of having two elite CB's.

So it's confirmed the Jets will have more cap space? If so that sucks...

But they won't be able to re-sign all 3 of Cro/Holmes/Edwards right?

How old are you guys?

We KNOW your grandfather favors his Jets because of his track record.
And see post #43 where I hacked Goodell's phonemail.
I'm telling him you're up past 9!

Last edited:
I think that's an overallocation of resources into the CB position. They even drafted a 1st rounder last year. I would spend the money elsewhere for sure. If they play a run-first offense, then that greatly reduces the benefit of having two elite CB's.

I can definitely buy that logic.

Paying 2 CB's top dollar would be very hard to do.

To get arguably the two best in the game though on the field at the same time though, now maybe you can do it in that situation.

There has also been talk (more like speculation/wishful thinking) about Nnamdi taking a slightly reduced deal to come to the Jets.

There was a report that he wants to play with the Jets, and he has allready mad top dollar. It is definitely a stretch but not totally out of the picture.

How old are you guys?

I know right. He was born in New York anyways. Absolutely no affiliation to Jersey sports, lol. I mean New Jersey?? The fact that it's called the Garden State is clearly sarcastic, what with all the garbage there.

:D:D

So, not cutting Kaczur and TBC before the lockout will cost us $5 million against the cap. Way to reward fiscal incompetence and punish responsible GMs, NFL.

Last edited:
Ruby3- I'm senile and old enough to be your grandfather :)

Last edited:
I can definitely buy that logic.

Paying 2 CB's top dollar would be very hard to do.

To get arguably the two best in the game though on the field at the same time though, now maybe you can do it in that situation.

There has also been talk (more like speculation/wishful thinking) about Nnamdi taking a slightly reduced deal to come to the Jets.

There was a report that he wants to play with the Jets, and he has allready mad top dollar. It is definitely a stretch but not totally out of the picture.

That would definitely work well in that case, if he takes a discount. Plus, if Rex has some sort of vision for the design of the defense, then I'm sure he has something good planned.

why does this Ruby want to know how old we all are???

is he hoping we're all underage so he can call up his gaa gaa goony binky, Sanchez the statutory rapist, and have him log on and hit on us?

So, not cutting Kaczur and TBC before the lockout will cost us $5 million against the cap. Way to reward fiscal incompetence and punish responsible GMs, NFL.

But, but, but Goodell doesn't favor the Jets by giving them a unique loophole pass outa dead money cap hell. No, it's simply coincidence. I mean, NO WAY that Tanny knew that this escape would be in the CBA and Kraft didn't. Couldn't happen. Nah!

But, but, but Goodell doesn't favor the Jets by giving them a unique loophole pass outa dead money cap hell. No, it's simply coincidence. I mean, NO WAY that Tanny knew that this escape would be in the CBA and Kraft didn't. Couldn't happen. Nah!

Yes the whole CBA was written to solely benefit the New York Jets.

I really hope you are just busting balls and don't seriously believe this.

Guys since the new league year hasn't started, if the Pats cut Kaczur and TBC tomorrow, wouldn't it be the same thing as cutting them before the lockout (Like the Jets did) so basically they wouldn't count against the cap as well?

It's not a matter of IF Jetdell will illegally aid the NY Jet franchise but WHEN...

Thin market at WR. Holmes is a good receiver, but apparently everyone has that image of his great catch in the playoff game burned into their mind. Yes, he's come up with some clutch plays down the stretch of games, but realistically, this guy really isn't the superstar the media is making him out to be. At his best he's good for about 1,000 yards and a handful of TDs per season; not exactly someone that can't be replaced. Here, maybe you guys forgot this guy isn't Andre Johnson or Larry Fitgerald:

Santonio Holmes, WR for the New York Jets at NFL.com

Yes the whole CBA was written to solely benefit the New York Jets.

I really hope you are just busting balls and don't seriously believe this.

no...we're saying it doesn't matter what the CBA says...the Rats are immune from ANY ramifications as long as Omissioner Jetdell is in power

Guys since the new league year hasn't started, if the Pats cut Kaczur and TBC tomorrow, wouldn't it be the same thing as cutting them before the lockout (Like the Jets did) so basically they wouldn't count against the cap as well?

Unfortunately, no, since the agreement specifically calls out some date in March as the cutoff for released players not counting for dead cap.

No the specific CBA language specified March 11th as the date.
Special request from Tannenbaum of the NYJ to former Jet employee Goodell, The Impartial One. Sorta like the special request that Tanny made over a minor camera placement issue a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News