PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

red sox trade for all star of kyle schwarber send nationals minor league pitcher

And the Yankees traded for old friend/1st-Baseman Anthony Rizzo from the Cubs...

Maybe it's not that much of a leap to 1B? But, many feel his best position is DH.
I hope that's not the plan. I don't like that he's not ready to play. He is still recovering from an injury. They need him now with all the games against the rays on the schedule.

ya, not sure this was a good get for the Sox. They have been "in" on almost every player so far and come away with Schwarber? weak.

Red Sox trade deadline grade. Capital F. Schwarber is out for another three weeks. WTF!! All the teams that are in the playoff race got stronger. I would have been happy with another Doug Mientkiewicz trade. Somebody who can actually scoop some bad throws and play some good defense. Apparently that was too much to ask.

Last edited:
Red Sox trade deadline grade. Capital F. Schwarber is out for another three weeks. WTF!! All the teams that are in the playoff race got stronger. I would have been happy with another Doug Mientkiewicz trade. Somebody who can actually scoop some bad throws and play some good defense. Apparently that was too much to ask.

Let's see how it plays out.

I think with Sale back it could be one of the best pitching rotations in baseball. Provided he comes back close to himself. And with this offense, when healthy, is the best in the league. It just got better with Schwarber.

Let's see how it plays out.

I think with Sale back it could be one of the best pitching rotations in baseball. Provided he comes back close to himself. And with this offense, when healthy, is the best in the league. It just got better with Schwarber.
I would feel better about the deadline trades. If schwarber was ready to go. A lot can change in two to three weeks until he gets back. Especially when your playing the team that's now in first place a lot. And i don't feel good about relying on Sale who's coming of TJ surgery. And when will he be back? The middle of august? Sept? Who knows where they will be in the standings by then.

I would feel better about the deadline trades. If schwarber was ready to go. A lot can change in two to three weeks until he gets back. Especially when your playing the team that's now in first place a lot. And i don't feel good about relying on Sale who's coming of TJ surgery. And when will he be back? The middle of august? Sept? Who knows where they will be in the standings by then.

I agree with all of that. But I really like this team. They may cut it close but I'm hoping they close out the season strong. Then whatever happens happens. Fingers crossed.

I agree with all of that. But I really like this team. They may cut it close but I'm hoping they close out the season strong. Then whatever happens happens. Fingers crossed.
Getting sweep really sucks. They might lose this division in the next week or two. They are two back in the loss column. And the yankees are only four back in the loss column behind the sox. The starting pitching is starting to hit a wall. Perez and erod are struggling.

Getting sweep really sucks. They might lose this division in the next week or two. They are two back in the loss column. And the yankees are only four back in the loss column behind the sox. The starting pitching is starting to hit a wall. Perez and erod are struggling.

Yeah they're in a slump but my hopes are still high. I think once they've readjusted they'll be fine. I really like this team. Tampa will slump too.

Sale coming back will help them a lot. Not sure where Schwarber plays, but dude can rake the baseball and should provide some thump in the lineup

If they lose the division. we will look back at the lack of significant moves at the trade deadline as to why. And trading for a player that was injured. And not available for 2 to 3 weeks. Is absolutely brutal. I can only imagine how the lockeroom feels knowing ownership didn't think they were good enough to invest in. it must be deflating.

Last edited:
If they lose the division. we will look back at the lack of significant moves at the trade deadline as to why. And trading for a player that was injured and not available for 2 to 3 weeks. Absolutely brutal. I can only imagine how the lockeroom feels knowing ownership didn't think they were good enough to invest in. it must be deflating.
who's to say they didn't try to make trades. We really don't have much in the system to offer in a big trade. I like our approach of playing winning/competitive baseball while continuing to build our farm system

who's to say they didn't try to make trades. We really don't have much in the system to offer in a big trade. I like our approach of playing winning/competitive baseball while continuing to build our farm system
They didn't have to give up much to get Rizzo. The yankee trade for rizzo wasn't considered a big trade. And they didn't give up top prospects. The sox had enough to do more than they did, without sacrificing the future. What they did is embarrassing. If I'm one of the players in the lockeroom I'm not happy.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back