PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox taking risk with Wake?

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I don't know if it's definite yet but I think I heard that the Sox are going with Wake instead of Beckett tonight. I think beckett on short rest is the way to go right now. I think this is a must win for the Sox tonight. The risk with Wake for me is that you don't know which one is going to show up. With Beckett it's almost a gaurantee quality start. What do you guys think. Wake or Beckett?

I don't know if it's definite yet but I think I heard that the Sox are going with Wake instead of Beckett tonight. I think beckett on short rest is the way to go right now. I think this is a must win for the Sox tonight. The risk with Wake for me is that you don't know which one is going to show up. With Beckett it's almost a gaurantee quality start. What do you guys think. Wake or Beckett?
no matter who you pick its a risk.all i know is i hate watching wake pitch .its all or nothing with him.hes either going to shut them down or hes going to get wrecked .time to start praying to the baseball gods .

I would much rather have Beckett pitch tonight, but logically Wakefield is the right choice. There is no guarantee that Beckett on 3 days rest will pitch better than Wakefield, and the worst thing that can happen is they rush out Beckett on short rest and lose him for a start because he pitches poorly.

But none of that will matter if they hit Byrd like they hit Westbrook.

Yeah, either way, they have to score some runs tonite to say the least...Even if Wake pitches well, how many innings is he in shape to give us? Let's say he goes 5, who pitches the rest of the way? If I were Tito, I'd plan on going with Wake for 5, bring in Lester for 3, and Paps to finish it off if we have the lead. Gagne and Lopez are compeltely useless, Oki and Delcarmen might be off limits, so that really just leaves you with Timlin, Paps and Lester in the pen tonite.

All that considered, if we pull out a victory tonite, that is just HUGE. If not, we still have Beckett in game 5 and we go from there.

Last edited:
Guys kuncle is working already. Good things to come up

Looks like it's Beckett and we go from there.............sad...........

That was the risk of starting Wake. Looks like the Sox are in way deep **** now. Looks like Beckett would of been the best decision. I don't think Beckett would of self destructed like Wake did. Thats what happens to knuckle ball pitchers. They can be right on, and then all of a sudden start hanging it up, and see ya. Now The Tribe has 3 chances to win the series. Don't look good.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back