PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Caldwell="Deer caught in the Headlights"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimke said:
This is another troll who has followed the team since 1960.

For 5 years, Scott Pioli was the best personnel man in the NFL. His

brilliant aquisitions had a direct impact on the Pats winning three

Superbowls. Over the past 2 years, the Pats have lost several good

players to other NFL teams and Scott has replaced them with over

the hill players and castoffs. Many of these players have not panned

out and as a result the Pats have become a weaker team.

Teams lose players every year.
Some players DO pan out (Hawkins, Harrison). Some don't (Hayes, Starks). Pioli isn't some Nostradomeus who can predict the future. Pioli also can't predict who will get injured and who won't. Injuries hurt the Patriots tremendously last year. While Pioli and Belichick had a bad 2004 draft beyond the 2nd round and they haven't had great success with the free agents they've brought in, they have a business to run. Players who insist on being paid more than they are worth to Pioli and Belichick will move on. It happens. Players aren't obligated to re-sign with the Patriots and if someone throws significantly more money at them than they are worth, the Pats will let them go like they did Givens. And if players like Branch think that they are something more special than the real stars of this team, they will insist on being treated better than the stars and want to leave.

The turmoil that the Patriots had in the off-season has clearly hurt them. It will take time for the team to gel again with the players it has. As fans, we need to support them and realize that it takes time and that many of these players are motivated by money, not by love of the game.

DaBruinz said:
Its not a matter of "reflexively" dismissing criticism of the team or BB. However, Caldwell has been very good and your assessment of him is very far off.

Your comment regarding BB and his Cleveland days shows that you truly don't know what you are talking about. You really have no clue about his Cleveland days other than the garbage spewed by the media.

1) The Patriots didn't LET Vinatieri, Branch and Givens go, genius. The Patriots attempted to resign ALL THREE. Givens wasn't worth #1 money, which is what he got in Tennessee. Oh, and I am sure his wonderful 101 yards on 7 catches would have made a difference in the game.

No one knows how much the Patriots would have gone up to had Branch not felt he should be treated differently than Seymour and Brady and actually had attempted to negotiate with the Patriots. Vinatieri, since you missed it, wouldn't have made much of a difference in either game.

2) You clearly don't understand the salary cap and don't understand that the Patriots owe Richard Seymour a 6.66 million bonus that they can pay out either as a roster bonus or as a signing bonus. Until they make the decision, it should be assumed that they are going to treat it as a ROSTER bonus. Meaning they only have about 5.9 million in cap space. They have to leave some money for signing injury replacements. They set money aside for Branch that they didn't use because Branch stabbed them in the back (my opinion). You can't allocate that money twice.

I would say that you don't have a good grasp on the situations at all. Your assessment of Caldwell leaves alot to be desired. As does your assessment of the Patriots front office.

You're ragging on this guy for ripping Caldwell (who stinks by the way, and has stunk for 5 years in the league) but you defended Monty Beisel up until the very instant he got cut, calling those who said he wasn't any good "idiots" along the way. And you STILL defend Starks as a quality signing even though he's barely holding on to a roster spot in Oakland, the worst team in the league.

Caldwell has been VERY good this year? Maybe you're the one that's the idiot who doesn't have a clue of what's going on. Have you even watched the games?

Last edited:
marcus said:
Reche Caldwell could be as bad as the Donald Hayes signing a few years back.
He is no Deion Branch....that is for sure.

1. Runs terrible imprecise routes
2. Bobbles everything thrown his way
3. Dumb mistakes- pass interference
4. Brady has lost confidence in him
5. Has bug eyes...looks like too much caffeine

He is not going to be a major contributor.
get Gabriel out there with Troy.

You have to say at thsi point...Pioli and BB blew it big time by not resigning Deion.

Has BB reverted to his Cleveland Browns days?

Good, solid football analysis. Has "bug eyes" and "too much caffeine".....not to mention "bobbles everything" which is nothing but a lie. Do you think we don't have eyes such that you can just lie?

Do yourself and us a favor. Go to sleep and when you wake up, never watch or talk about football again. Thank you.

J D Sal

Shanahan was very complimentary towards the Pat's receivers, and he said we will see they are good receivers as the season progresses. He especially liked Gabriel, who of course they are very familiar with. However it appeared from the TV broadcast that Brady has a lot of coaching issues right now.

I think Reche has looked fine. He's essentialy replacing Dwight and he should be better than him.

The problem is getting #1+2 on the field and better plays that utilize the new personnel.

Before everyone jumps on me about what I just said about Caldwell and Brown causing Brady more hits..... Let me clarify for those who do not have a CLUE! Brady drops back to pass he looks right no one is open, he looks left no one is open.... Pocket collapses bang Brady is smashed. I am not saying that the line has protected brilliantly every time but come on!!!! My anger is more with our OC. McDaniels played our supposed hurt WR in the 4th quarter and then we started moving. McDaniels is not innovative and he had the wrong personnel on the field. Sub Gabriel for Caldwell is all I am saying. He proved it when he had the chance. If he was hurt then it really did not show. That is a bad excuse because a hurt Gabriel lookd a heck of a lot better than Caldwell!

The game could have been a lot worse if it werent for Caldwell. He made some nice catches and the offensive play of the game batting away an easy John Lynch interception. Obviously he is no Branch but don't **** on him. He had two penalties but made some plays. Our offense was terrible last night. Gabriel, TE's and Caldwell are the only ones who stepped up plus Maroneys big catch and run.

One thing he does need to do, and I mean RIGHT NOW...

Is drop this "Ru-Shay" pronounciation of his name!

It makes him sounds like a transvestite hooker or something!

("Call RuShay Caldwell for Boston's finest and most discreet HeShe experience in the comfort of your hotel room...")

He was "Ree-Chee" at Florida and he's "Ree-Chee" now dahmmit!

(Who does he think he is, Tony Dor-sette)

ADPF

Last edited:
Old Town Pats said:
Before everyone jumps on me about what I just said about Caldwell and Brown causing Brady more hits..... Let me clarify for those who do not have a CLUE! Brady drops back to pass he looks right no one is open, he looks left no one is open.... Pocket collapses bang Brady is smashed. I am not saying that the line has protected brilliantly every time but come on!!!! My anger is more with our OC. McDaniels played our supposed hurt WR in the 4th quarter and then we started moving. McDaniels is not innovative and he had the wrong personnel on the field. Sub Gabriel for Caldwell is all I am saying. He proved it when he had the chance. If he was hurt then it really did not show. That is a bad excuse because a hurt Gabriel lookd a heck of a lot better than Caldwell!

Not really. Gabriel starting having success when Denver went into the prevent defense to prevent the big play. That opened up all of the short stuff, which is mostly what he caught. Gabriel did look pretty good, but you can not compare his performance to Caldwell's because they were playing under different circumstances against different defenses.

TheDude said:
I agree with Marcus 100%.

He is talking about the offense only. I am sure we all felt bad for Tom last night when looking for an open WR and found none. It is a shame because he is in his prime and our WR's are bush league at best.

You don't know what you are talking about. The receivers were getting open a decent amount last night, Brady was just completely inaccurate with his throws.

zippo59 said:
You don't know what you are talking about. The receivers were getting open a decent amount last night, Brady was just completely inaccurate with his throws.

I must agree...

Brady was the real problem last night...

I lost count of how many balls he under-threw and over-threw!

One of the worst offensive games I can ever recall watching in the Brady era.

Actually, it was downright offensively offensive!

Funny, like 3 or 4 of those Tom Bomb games are vs. Denver!

Remember the Deltha O'Neal game a few years ago at Mile High? 4 picks for our little sheep-hugger!

Maybe Rat Boy Shanahan is to Brady as Belichick is to Manning!

ADPF

Last edited:
The thing I dislike most about Reche is his Deion Branch-like dives when he catches the ball. He always seems to want to avoid contact, just like little insecure Branch.

All_Around_Brown said:
The thing I dislike most about Reche is his Deion Branch-like dives when he catches the ball. He always seems to want to avoid contact, just like little insecure Branch.

If that means he is able to play a few extra games then I have no problem with it. Wide receivers aren't meant to dish out pain like running backs and defensive backs. But if we need a WR for that we have the hefty Doug Gabriel.

All_Around_Brown said:

It's called "The Marvin"

They all do that now...

I hate it too..

Even Troy Brown does it!

ADPF

Reche hasn't been that bad. I can see him having value to this team as a #3.
Unfortunately, he has to start right now which isn't really fair to him.

Those freakishly large eyes don't help in perception, since they make him look really nervous out there. I don't think its any coincidence the original poster used "deer-in-the-headlights" to describe him.

marcus said:
Reche Caldwell could be as bad as the Donald Hayes signing a few years back.
He is no Deion Branch....that is for sure.

1. Runs terrible imprecise routes
2. Bobbles everything thrown his way
3. Dumb mistakes- pass interference
4. Brady has lost confidence in him
5. Has bug eyes...looks like too much caffeine

He is not going to be a major contributor.
get Gabriel out there with Troy.

You have to say at thsi point...Pioli and BB blew it big time by not resigning Deion.

Has BB reverted to his Cleveland Browns days?
This whole statement is just dumb.
Every line of this is just wrong.
What you base these statements on is beyond me.
I feel dumber for having read this.

jessica-simpson-flag.jpg

Can't we all just get along ~ :rocker:

TheDude said:
I agree with Marcus 100%.

He is talking about the offense only. I am sure we all felt bad for Tom last night when looking for an open WR and found none. It is a shame because he is in his prime and our WR's are bush league at best.

Meanwhile, Gabriel caught 6 balls for 65 yards and a TD and Reche Caldwell caught 3 for nearly 50 yards. You guys should try research.

Last edited:
patsox23 said:
Meanwhile, Gabriel caught 6 balls for 65 yards and a TD and Reche Caldwell caught 3 for 50+ yards. You guys should try research.

Nice try. Gabriel's catches came in garbage time. Reche's 3 did little to help string a scoring drive together.

This is not a very effective group -- at the moment. That will likely change, but please don't try to skew stats to make a point that they're getting the job done.

i was agreeing about Reche being mediocre until you pulled out the bug eye shot... what does that have to do with anything? His eyes aren't the problem, so why list it as one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes