PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Caldwell="Deer caught in the Headlights"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think there's something bizarre about her face in that picture? It looks almost animated or something.

crazy-eyes caldwell, I liked him better in young Frankenstein. (that's I-gore)

SoonerPatriot said:
Nice try. Gabriel's catches came in garbage time. Reche's 3 did little to help string a scoring drive together.

This is not a very effective group -- at the moment. That will likely change, but please don't try to skew stats to make a point that they're getting the job done.

I have made it EXCEEDINGLY clear that the numbers can mislead - look all over this site - but people are just killing these guys to an extreme that makes what would be perfectly legit complaint totally ILLEGITIMATE by piling on. And for whatever reason, Gabriel only played during garbage time so we'll have to see, but what I saw last night was a strong, athletic WR making, among others, an excellent catch for a TD.

SoonerPatriot said:
You're ragging on this guy for ripping Caldwell (who stinks by the way, and has stunk for 5 years in the league) but you defended Monty Beisel up until the very instant he got cut, calling those who said he wasn't any good "idiots" along the way. And you STILL defend Starks as a quality signing even though he's barely holding on to a roster spot in Oakland, the worst team in the league.

Caldwell has been VERY good this year? Maybe you're the one that's the idiot who doesn't have a clue of what's going on. Have you even watched the games?

Caldwell stinks? Really? Because you say so? How many drops does he have? How many yards? How many times has Brady under-thrown him?

Fact is that Caldwell is playing well. Sorry that you disagree out of spite. But your wrong about Caldwell. Caldwell started breaking out in his 3rd year in San Diego. It was an ACL injury that de-railed him. Are you going to be stupid and hold that against the guy? Is it his fault that Parker, Gates and Tomlinson continued to develop while he re-habbed his knee.

Also, You don't have a clue as to what I do and don't think. You just have burr in your shorts because you got called out and shown up. Typical of people with ego issues.

Kdo5 said:
The game could have been a lot worse if it werent for Caldwell. He made some nice catches and the offensive play of the game batting away an easy John Lynch interception. Obviously he is no Branch but don't **** on him. He had two penalties but made some plays. Our offense was terrible last night. Gabriel, TE's and Caldwell are the only ones who stepped up plus Maroneys big catch and run.

Don't tell that to Sooner. He knows ALL. If he says that Caldwell stinks, it must be the truth.. [/sarcasm]

I have no clue what the hate for Caldwell is. At worst he looks like an upgrade at the #3 WR. At best he looks like a potentially decent #2.

SoonerPatriot said:
Nice try. Gabriel's catches came in garbage time. Reche's 3 did little to help string a scoring drive together.

This is not a very effective group -- at the moment. That will likely change, but please don't try to skew stats to make a point that they're getting the job done.

Yes, and NONE of that was on the part of the play-calling? Damn. if everyone had your myopic view, there wouldn't be a team left because you'd get rid of them all.

DaBruinz said:
Don't tell that to Sooner. He knows ALL. If he says that Caldwell stinks, it must be the truth.. [/sarcasm]

I know in a best case scenario Caldwell is no better than a No. 4. I can recognize when players aren't world beaters, unlike some people.....monty beisel, duane starks...cough...cough.

DaBruinz said:
Yes, and NONE of that was on the part of the play-calling? Damn. if everyone had your myopic view, there wouldn't be a team left because you'd get rid of them all.

If BB had your view, Duane Starks and that stiff Beisel would still be starting. Oh and nice comment about the play calling, NEM.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
I know in a best case scenario Caldwell is no better than a No. 4. I can recognize when players aren't world beaters, unlike some people.....monty beisel, duane starks...cough...cough.

And you've never been wrong, Chickenlittle? No one is claiming that Caldwell is a "WORLD BEATER." Only those who are ignorant and can't read or comprehend what is said think that. I said that Caldwell was playing good. You haven't provided ANYTHING to prove otherwise. IF/WHEN you actually do, maybe you'd have a leg to stand on. Until then, its just spiteful blather coming out of your mouth. None of which anyone on here cares to read.

SoonerPatriot said:
If BB had your view, Duane Starks and that stiff Beisel would still be starting. Oh and nice comment about the play calling, NEM.

Sooner, you're problem is that you have to exaggerate what other people say to even come close to having some modicum of intelligence. Unfortunately, people see your blatant exaggerations as a sign of ineptitude.

I never said the play calling was horrendous like NEM did. I just said it was an issue. Its been mediocre at best. Just like Brady's play has been mediocre.

Now, since you seem to want to insist on not taking care of the cranial-rectal inversion you seem to be suffering from, I admitted I was wrong about Beisel. Unlike YOU, I admit to my mistakes. OH, and I DID admit to being wrong about Starks. However, I will take BOR's and Pats1 reviews of plays over some ignoramous like yourself, Sooner, who hasn't shown you understand the intricacies of football very well.

All_Around_Brown said:
The thing I dislike most about Reche is his Deion Branch-like dives when he catches the ball. He always seems to want to avoid contact, just like little insecure Branch.

He was not insecure. The Patriots coached HeWhoIsDeadToMe to dive and avoid serious contact so that he could remain on the field and catch more passes for more yards. I believe that is an effective strategy. Reche dove to avoid not 1 or 2 but 3 guys coming at him. Screw the macho BS. We need WRs who can stay on the field. He probably knows more of the playbook than any other WR besides Brown. Geting injured is NOT in the TEAM's best interest.

I thought Reche did OK Sunday night. He broke up a sure Lynch INT when Brady totally missed the double coverage by the safety.

DaBruinz said:
And you've never been wrong, Chickenlittle? No one is claiming that Caldwell is a "WORLD BEATER." Only those who are ignorant and can't read or comprehend what is said think that. I said that Caldwell was playing good. You haven't provided ANYTHING to prove otherwise. IF/WHEN you actually do, maybe you'd have a leg to stand on. Until then, its just spiteful blather coming out of your mouth. None of which anyone on here cares to read.

What evidence do you have that he is playing well? Three catches spead out over 4 quarters? His scintialting performances against the Jets and Bills?

Do you think BB is satisfied with his play? Is he satisfied with anyone's play on offense?

Probably not. He said last night everyone needs to play and coach better. I take everyone to mean everyone, not just Brady your obsession de jour when it comes to pinning the blame on the donkey.

Call me chicken little all you want. That's what you call anyone who disagrees with BB or thinks for a nanosecond his mother's egg wasn't fertilized with the sperm of God himself. You wouldn't find fault in BB if he traded Brady tommorow for Charlie Batch. Hell, by Thursday you'll have convinced yourself we actually beat Denver.

That's because you're an idiot.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
What evidence do you have that he is playing well? Three catches spead out over 4 quarters? His scintialting performances against the Jets and Bills?

Do you think BB is satisfied with his play? Is he satisfied with anyone's play on offense?

Probably not. He said last night everyone needs to play and coach better. I take everyone to mean everyone, not just Brady your obsession de jour when it comes to pinning the blame on the donkey.

Call me chicken little all you want. That's what you call anyone who disagrees with BB or thinks for a nanosecond his mother's egg wasn't fertilized with the sperm of God himself. You wouldn't find fault in BB if he traded Brady tommorow for Charlie Batch. Hell, by Thursday you'll have convinced yourself we actually beat Denver.

That's because you're an idiot.
Maybe if Brady could have thrown some decent passes to him he would have a lot more catches. Don't blame Caldwell, he could very well be doing great if Brady would get his **** together and start hitting his recievers and not floating the ball 10 feet above their head.

Kdo5 said:
Maybe if Brady could have thrown some decent passes to him he would have a lot more catches. Don't blame Caldwell, he could very well be doing great if Brady would get his **** together and start hitting his recievers and not floating the ball 10 feet above their head.

Brady gets the benefit of the doubt until further notice. You know, three SB wins, two SB MVPs. I kinda think he's earned it a little more than Reche Caldwell who really hasn't done anything of note over a 5 year career.

SoonerPatriot said:
Brady gets the benefit of the doubt until further notice. You know, three SB wins, two SB MVPs. I kinda think he's earned it a little more than Reche Caldwell who really hasn't done anything of note over a 5 year career.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with it to a point, but then why is Brady still misfiring when he throws to the guys who have been around for a while like Watson, Brown, and Graham?

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
Ha, good reasoning buddy. 3 SB's, the best QB in the NFL, he has been off the last few weeks, not looking very good at all. As far as I remember the argument is that Caldwell has been playing decently at least. However if you expect Caldwell to jump ten feet into the air or dive 10 feet to catch a ball then, there isnt any WR in the league who can do it.

Give me a good reason as to why Caldwell isnt doing good. And it cant include stats, everytime he has been thrown to with a decent pass he has caught it, a few for 20+ yards. Why should'nt Brady be blamed for his performance, for him not giving his recievers a catchable ball when they are wide open. Give a reason.

Note: I am not trying to bash Brady. Everybody has off games and Brady has had a few but you cant rag on Caldwell's stats when Brady is having bad games. Caldwell has been doing good. He's made some long catches, not a lot but he has done pretty well.

Last edited:
Kdo5 said:
Ha, good reasoning buddy. 3 SB's, the best QB in the NFL, he has been off the last few weeks, not looking very good at all. As far as I remember the argument is that Caldwell has been playing decently at least. However if you expect Caldwell to jump ten feet into the air or dive 10 feet to catch a ball then, there isnt any WR in the league who can do it.

Give me a good reason as to why Caldwell isnt doing good. And it cant include stats, everytime he has been thrown to with a decent pass he has caught it, a few for 20+ yards. Why should'nt Brady be blamed for his performance, for him not giving his recievers a catchable ball when they are wide open. Give a reason.

Note: I am not trying to bash Brady. Everybody has off games and Brady has had a few but you cant rag on Caldwell's stats when Brady is having bad games. Caldwell has been doing good. He's made some long catches, not a lot but he has done pretty well.

Brady has thrown some bad balls, no doubt. Some of that is his fault. Some of it is his line's fault (not last night, thought they played quite well in pass proteciton) and some of it is the fault of this WR corps that isn't very good right now.

Stats do in fact matter. It's a big part what we've got to go on. TV broadcasts don't show the entire view of the field. Someone who was at the game last night posted none of the WRs were getting much seperation. Caldwell has 7 catches for 93 yards this year through 3 games. That's an average of 31 yards per game. What about that am I supposed to be impressed with?

Beyond that, when you factor in Caldwell's previous 4 SEASONS in San Diego (none of which were remotely impressive) you start to see a pattern that maybe he's just a No. 4 or a JAG.

But since you don't think stats have a place in this argument, my view is that nobody on offense can sit back, kick their feet up and claim they're playing as well as they can play. That includes Brady, and it most certainly includes guys like Caldwell who have a lot to prove. In a way I guess that's the good news. There is upside.

Last edited:
It's logical to think Caldwell's numbers will go up when he gets more experience in this offense, the offense as a whole gels, and Brady starts playing better.

SoonerPatriot said:
Brady has thrown some bad balls, no doubt. Some of that is his fault. Some of it is his line's fault (not last night, thought they played quite well in pass proteciton) and some of it is the fault of this WR corps that isn't very good right now.

Stats do in fact matter. It's a big part what we've got to go on. TV broadcasts don't show the entire view of the field. Someone who was at the game last night posted none of the WRs were getting much seperation. Caldwell has 7 catches for 93 yards this year through 3 games. That's an average of 31 yards per game. What about that am I supposed to be impressed with?

Beyond that, when you factor in Caldwell's previous 4 SEASONS in San Diego (none of which were remotely impressive) you start to see a pattern that maybe he's just a No. 4 or a JAG.

But since you don't think stats have a place in this argument, my view is that nobody on offense can sit back, kick their feet up and claim they're playing as well as they can play. That includes Brady, and it most certainly includes guys like Caldwell who have a lot to prove. In a way I guess that's the good news. There is upside.
Is it really that the recieving corps isnt very good? Well we'd know if Brady was himself, was motivating his team and playing up to his ability and we all know how could he can play then. It seems like we are judging a recieving corps based on previous years or the fact that most of them hardly played much. Wait for Brady to get back on track then we can judge who is bad and who is good. Caldwell hasnt looked bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back