PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reasons to worry about almost any divisional round scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
right now it's #5 ravens vs #4 colts and #3 KC vs #6 jets

if KC wins they play the steelers KC can only play the pats if they both make it to the AFCCG... if the Jets win they play the pats and the winner of the colts ravens game plays the steelers

right now it's #5 ravens vs #4 colts and #3 KC vs #6 jets

if KC wins they play the steelers KC can only play the pats if they both make it to the AFCCG... if the Jets win they play the pats and the winner of the colts ravens game plays the steelers

Based on that, I'd root for the Jets, as I'd rather play them than either the Ravens or Colts, especially since with Sanchez they're not yet established as the cold-weather team you'd think they would be.

And Colts over Ravens, I think, in a battle of two teams that seem to always play us close. If nothing else, our guys are likely to come out less beaten up that way.

Last edited:
How dangerous has Manning been in Foxoboro in January, or any other cold climate for that matter.
He is a .500 playoff QB who would be bringing the worst team with him to date.

Its the playoffs, so every team will have strengths and all are threats, but the only one that really qualifies as a team to worry about here is Baltimore and thats only due to the memory of them winning here last year against a team that doesnt even resemble the one we will trot out there.

understand and agree i would rather have the pats...

All i was pointing out is he's the best QB of the bunch and a very dangerous one... good QB's are dangerous in any game and the colts have played us close alot

Whoever shows up in Foxboro for the first playoff game will, by definition, be on a one-game playoff winning streak. In addition:

Ravens
-- A year ago they clobbered the Patriots here in the playoffs. Now they're back. And by the way, when they lose to the Pats, it's usually in a game they might just as well have won.

Jets -- They beat the Pats not that long ago.

Colts -- Always a tough game for the Pats.

Chiefs -- Coordinators and QB who know the Pats system cold. Likely to beat the Pats in Xs and Os preparation.

Steelers, Chargers, and Raiders seem less likely to be the opponent, but we could make up reasons to worry about them too if we had to.

The sky will fall! The sky will fall!

Ah yes, Playoffophobia.

I will add this to my fears of bald people (Peladophobia), the number 13 (Triskadekaphobia) and Otters (Lutraphobia).

The ONLY way the Patriots do not take care of business @ home, no matter the opponent, is if they BEAT themselves with mistakes and turn overs. :eek:
Otherwise they will take care of any of them. This is NOT the team that ended last year or started this year.
All hands will be on deck. That's my take on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back