PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reasons to worry about almost any divisional round scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad for this thread.
I was worried that if I survive this horrible Mega-Blizzard I would have nothing to worry about.

Very annoying post. How about letting us enjoy the win for a day before the bombarding us with downer parade.

No kidding....

At least he didn't call it a trap game. :rolleyes:

Can this be moved to the practice squad or something? Jesus...

No kidding....

At least he didn't call it a trap game. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, maybe this is a trap thread? :eek:

Only on PatsFans.com can a doom and gloom thread be posted AFTER the Pats win 34-3, clinching homefield throughout the playoffs...:bricks:

Forgive me for feeling confident about this team at home especially with two weeks to prepare .
Fixed it for you, hope you don't mind.

Last edited:
Any given Sunday. Every team is a worthy threat no matter how you slice it

Fencer has reeled you all in.

Catch and release.

That wasn't exactly the objective of the thread ... but sheesh. People take things waaaaay too seriously, even when they are marked with obvious jokes.

It's always interesting to know that Belichick's old coaches and coordinators are always in his head and know his habits but Belichick doesn't know theirs...

Basically, shut the hell up.

Sorry, but this logic is just plain dumb.

He does have a point. The Browns game back in 2007 gave Spagnuolo his "blueprint" for the Super Bowl (Crennel), and we all know what happened in Cleveland this year (Mangini).

Chiefs -- Coordinators and QB who know the Pats system cold. Likely to beat the Pats in Xs and Os preparation.

what concerns me about KC is that it's the only place ex-Patriots have succeeded, hasn't turned into another Romeo/Weis/Mangini/McD cluster

Jets, Steelers, Colts, Ravens, probably get 4 picks and 2 fumble recoveries and win 34-10 like every other home game

Chiefs -- Coordinators and QB who know the Pats system cold. Likely to beat the Pats in Xs and Os preparation.
the pats also have a qb and a coach who know there system do they not? :rolleyes:

Whoever shows up in Foxboro for the first playoff game will, by definition, be on a one-game playoff winning streak. In addition:

Ravens -- A year ago they clobbered the Patriots here in the playoffs. Now they're back. And by the way, when they lose to the Pats, it's usually in a game they might just as well have won.

Jets -- They beat the Pats not that long ago.

Colts -- Always a tough game for the Pats.

Steelers, Chargers, and Raiders seem less likely to be the opponent, but we could make up reasons to worry about them too if we had to.

The sky will fall! The sky will fall!
Can't be Chargers or Raiders and it looks like KC will be the 3 seed, so it cant be them.
Indy (or Jax), Bmore or the Jets are the choices.

Sorry, but this logic is just plain dumb.

you beat me to it... likley to beat the pats at X's and O's...

i'll take brady and BB over cassel and the 2 coordinators any day in a do or die game.

No disrespect to the chiefs they have been great this year... but i don't see the thought... if any behind that comment.

I personally think people shoudn't disrespect the colts to much say what you want but... manning is a dangerous QB

you beat me to it... likley to beat the pats at X's and O's...

i'll take brady and BB over cassel and the 2 coordinators any day in a do or die game.

No disrespect to the chiefs they have been great this year... but i don't see the thought... if any behind that comment.

I personally think people shoudn't disrespect the colts to much say what you want but... manning is a dangerous QB
How dangerous has Manning been in Foxoboro in January, or any other cold climate for that matter.
He is a .500 playoff QB who would be bringing the worst team with him to date.

Its the playoffs, so every team will have strengths and all are threats, but the only one that really qualifies as a team to worry about here is Baltimore and thats only due to the memory of them winning here last year against a team that doesnt even resemble the one we will trot out there.

We've already beaten every team that makes the play-offs except KC.

Manning in a dome might be scary, but Manning in the cold weather doesn't scare me.

Baltimore might be the toughest match-up for us but I think our guys would love payback after last year's game and feed off of that.

I fear no one with HFA, BB, and TFB.

We've already beaten every team that makes the play-offs except KC.

Manning in a dome might be scary, but Manning in the cold weather doesn't scare me.

Baltimore might be the toughest match-up for us but I think our guys would love payback after last year's game and feed off of that.

I fear no one with HFA, BB, and TFB.
We have the trifecta.
HF Advantage
QB Advantage
HC Advantage

The Chiefs point was a serious one as written; the unserious aspect was that I didn't go on to say "... but fortunately, the Pats enjoy such a talent and experience disparity that it will swamp that other factor."

The fact is, BB and staff DO get their butts kicked occasionally in the area of game-planning. Mangini has done it once each at two different teams, the latter as recently as this season. I get the impression Josh McD did it in his first try. Etc.

I hope there's a Chiefs game, because the "old friends" at KC are all ones I wish well. If there is, it's going to be a heck of a chess match. I think the Pats win, because ultimately the game will be decided on who does a better job of executing when the other team understands exactly what you're trying to do, and the Pats' offense will be the best of the four major units in the stadium. But I wouldn't at all be surprised if the majority of the "Wow, that play/scheme was brilliantly designed" moments in such a game were enjoyed on the KC side.

I am not a player, so I can't speak like one. But, I would venture that the Patriot's do not worry about any team they will face, they will most likely respect them, but not worry about them.....

Sing along with me children...a chorus of the patsfans.com theme song:

"Trouble...
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble
Trouble been doggin' my soul since the day I was born
Worry...
Worry, worry, worry, worry
Worry just will not seem to leave my mind alone

Trouble...
Oh, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble
Feels like every time I get back on my feet
she come around and knock me down again
Worry...