PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reasons to worry about almost any divisional round scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Whoever shows up in Foxboro for the first playoff game will, by definition, be on a one-game playoff winning streak. In addition:

Ravens
-- A year ago they clobbered the Patriots here in the playoffs. Now they're back. And by the way, when they lose to the Pats, it's usually in a game they might just as well have won.

Jets -- They beat the Pats not that long ago.

Colts -- Always a tough game for the Pats.

Chiefs -- Coordinators and QB who know the Pats system cold. Likely to beat the Pats in Xs and Os preparation.

Steelers, Chargers, and Raiders seem less likely to be the opponent, but we could make up reasons to worry about them too if we had to.

The sky will fall! The sky will fall!

theres no way we can end up playing the cheifs, i dont think, they will be the 3rd seed no matter what, we wouldnt play them until AFC SHIP

theres no way we can end up playing the cheifs, i dont think, they will be the 3rd seed no matter what, we wouldnt play them until AFC SHIP

Colts go 2-0 and the Chiefs lose next week and the Colts would be the #3 seed.

Whoever shows up in Foxboro for the first playoff game will, by definition, be on a one-game playoff winning streak. In addition:

Ravens
-- A year ago they clobbered the Patriots here in the playoffs. Now they're back. And by the way, when they lose to the Pats, it's usually in a game they might just as well have won.

Chiefs -- Coordinators and QB who know the Pats system cold. Likely to beat the Pats in Xs and Os preparation.

Steelers, Chargers, and Raiders seem less likely to be the opponent, but we could make up reasons to worry about them too if we had to.

Care to wager? I'll take the Pats against any team at home.

I'll give you the ravens and the colts but your Jets and Chiefs reasons are bunk. We jsut clobbered the Jets only a few weeks ago and they have shown since that they are not all world. As for the Chiefs they are in the worst division in the AFC and its been 2 years since Cassel was here and 6 since the Coordinators. You dont think the schemes or system has changed since then? We'd be a 2 win team if that were the case.

Sorry, but this logic is just plain dumb.

Very annoying post. How about letting us enjoy the win for a day before the bombarding us with downer parade.

This team will be at home for two games.I am sure BB will have them ready and focus when it comes around.Last year people forget that Wes Welker was injured going into that ravens game.

Ravens

Pats are doomed any way you look at it. Well, it was a nice season anyway.

Lets talk draft.

Very annoying post. How about letting us enjoy the win for a day before the bombarding us with downer parade.

bingooo ... it's crazy .. im scared of this, im scared of that ... jeez..enjoy .. couldn't agree more ..

Ravens -- A year ago they clobbered the Patriots here in the playoffs.

Deion Branch
Wes Welker
Aaron Hernandez
Rob Gronkowski
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Danny Woodhead

None of the above were playing in that game.

Offense is a bit different now.

Last edited:
It's always interesting to know that Belichick's old coaches and coordinators are always in his head and know his habits but Belichick doesn't know theirs...

Basically, shut the hell up.

Last edited:
Forgive me for feeling confident about this team at home.

Fencer said:
Reasons to worry about almost any divisional round scenario

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I would hate to play the Chiefs to be honest. I'd rather have a team we've already seen this season. I feel like the Chiefs would be one of those teams like the Browns or Packers who would pull out any trick they have and throw it at the Pats.

The Pats are playing at a high level. The defense seems to be coming together at the right time. The Razor is a great home field. NE can take on all comers.

the cheifs are pretty simple team offensive wise, i wouldnt mind playing them at all, i think their our least of worries- Im wondering if bill will rest the players next week, my guess is he will play them for a quarter or half

Fencer has reeled you all in.

Catch and release.

And yet, we beat three of those teams in the regular season and we'll play them at home.

Let's stop being chicken littles for three weeks and enjoy the number one seed for a while, is that too much to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes