PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to "The Brady 6"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone may have already noted this but does anyone know when the Brady show will air again?

It was only a matter of time before Bledsoe would have been benched anyway. Mo Lewis just sped up the process. The Pats had lost 19 of the last 26 games Bledsoe started.

Ive heard frrom various Pats beat writers that BB was about to make the change to Brady soon anyway, probably within a game or two.

Someone may have already noted this but does anyone know when the Brady show will air again?

All times Eastern.

ESPN2 Sun,Apr 17 4:00pm
ESPN2 Sat,Apr 23 1:00pm
ABC Sat,Apr 23 4:00pm
ESPN2 Sun,Apr 24 9:00pm

Last edited:
Just watched it, and all I can really say is WOW. Great television, on par with the 30 for 30's they do. And thank God Tom Brady and Bill Belichick both ended up here.

Just finished watching myself and loved it. Made me somehow feel really positive going into next season when i think that dude is our QB.

As everyone else seems to have, I enjoyed it too. Made me wonder which of the four major American has the most successful drafts.

As everyone else seems to have, I enjoyed it too. Made me wonder which of the four major American has the most successful drafts.

Does Lloyd Carr seem to be a complete doofus to anyone else or does he just have an unfortunate face?

Also, I am hoping/praying Rex pipes up about this before the first Pats/Jets game and makes fun of Brady.

Is this because all the shots the Jets took at him last time they met inspired such great play from Brady and the Pats?

The whole "disrespect" thing is so old and tired and irrelevant at this point.

Last edited:
Is this because all the shots the Jets took at him last time they met inspired such great play from Brady and the Pats?

The whole "disrespect" thing is so old and tired and irrelevant at this point.

You sound like the guys TB eventually beat out and are quoted in the show. They didn't get it either...at least not until it was too late. They still have lives, they still wish things had been different. Brady worries he'll be just like them if he lets go of the "disrespect," didn't see you that? And when you hear guys like Henson quietly admit how thin the line is between being a mega-star and not even staying the league, well the whole disrespect thing makes more sense than ever. Relevant? One day thinking everything was OK cost some of these guys that TB succeeded. Since that has been proven to be true by the experience of the "6" then I'm confused how could anyone who really listened really could come away from this show not understanding why TB hangs on to the "disrespect" like it was a lifeline...

I missed it, is it available anywhere online? Anyone know when it will air again? :confused:

It was interesting hearing what a guy like Bill Walsh had to say about drafting Giovanni. Even the guy who drafted Joe Montana didn't have a clue of Brady's potential. Brady fooled everyone. He almost fooled BB too, until BB decided to listen to his own inner voice about Brady instead of depending on the judgment of Carr.

Super Cool. It is being re aired on ESPN Classic right now.

It has already earned the coveted and rarely-awarded Option of "Do not Delete" on my DVR. The honor was last awarded to the final episode of The Sopranos.

Was very well done. Really does make you realize what an inexact science these drafts are. You can't measure desire and heart and what it means to be drafted by the right organization. If Tom Brady were drafted by the Arizona Cardinals or the Buffalo Bills we would not have been watching the development of a HOF QB.
Btw ESPN is superb when producing these types of documentaries. In a network full of jock sniffing clowns they do a highly professional job with this format.

A couple of thoughts:

Brady said that he was told (I'm assuming by his agent) that he should expect to go anywhere between the 2nd and 3rd round? Does anyone remember if that was even remotely accurate? Agents always want to inflate to their clients expectations on where they think they will be selected. For example I know a recent draftee's father (Josh Hull, Penn State, St. Louis Rams). He was told by his agent that he could be selected as early as the fourth round. He ended up being selected in the 7th round at #254.

Also, they threw out a stat in the show that out of 326 (not sure of exact number) QB's that have ever been tested in the combine for 40 and vertical that Brady was number #326. Is that a true stat? It was almost like they said that tongue and cheek.

Also, they threw out a stat in the show that out of 326 (not sure of exact number) QB's that have ever been tested in the combine for 40 and vertical that Brady was number #326. Is that a true stat? It was almost like they said that tongue and cheek.
I think we was 576 out of 576. Loved Brady's answer to that. Well that's not exactly what a Quarterbacks job is. At that level i really thought it was about improving once you got there (figuring that most players were all talented with few "gifted" athletes). That show really highlighted the difference about making the most of your opportunities and being mentally tough to comeback from adversity (and being prepared).

I'd be interestign to see Peyton Mannings combine numbers as well. i'm sure he didn't have great numbers, but he had the lineage.

I think we was 576 out of 576. Loved Brady's answer to that. Well that's not exactly what a Quarterbacks job is. At that level i really thought it was about improving once you got there (figuring that most players were all talented with few "gifted" athletes). That show really highlighted the difference about making the most of your opportunities and being mentally tough to comeback from adversity (and being prepared).

I'd be interestign to see Peyton Mannings combine numbers as well. i'm sure he didn't have great numbers, but he had the lineage.

don't forget he also had john clayton's lips surgically attached to his ass.

A couple of thoughts:

Brady said that he was told (I'm assuming by his agent) that he should expect to go anywhere between the 2nd and 3rd round? Does anyone remember if that was even remotely accurate? Agents always want to inflate to their clients expectations on where they think they will be selected. For example I know a recent draftee's father (Josh Hull, Penn State, St. Louis Rams). He was told by his agent that he could be selected as early as the fourth round. He ended up being selected in the 7th round at #254.

Looking at the other QBs on offer, yeah, he probably should have; I don't know about y'all, but I'd call a sub-50% completion rate a MUCH bigger red flag than any of Brady's faults. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News