Reactions to "The Brady 6"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
First thought: Wow.

Second thought: How the @($&@$ did they not manage to mention the late **** Rehbein? :bricks:

Super Cool. It is being re aired on ESPN Classic right now.

LOL my wife called me from her work and I had to tell her The Brady 6 was coming on so I cut the conversation short!:D
I liked it but it got a bit disjointed at times. Interesting how guys like Wynn, Martin and Henson turned out

I generally liked it. Interesting to see why the 6 QBs were taken before him.

That Giovanni guy must be...weird. He doesn't own a TV, lives on a goat farm, and was the only qb not to be interviewed. Why take a QB from Hofstra that high?

Not only did they forget Rehbein, but also Tom Martinez....C'MON MAN!!!

Other than that it was great.

I generally liked it. Interesting to see why the 6 QBs were taken before him.

That Giovanni guy must be...weird. He doesn't own a TV, lives on a goat farm, and was the only qb not to be interviewed. Why take a QB from Hofstra that high?

Giovanni owns a goat, Tom is the GOAT. How did they miss that story line? :)

Seriously, it was excellent. Must see stuff. If you did not catch it, be sure to set your dvr's in the future.

Seriously, it was excellent. Must see stuff. If you did not catch it, be sure to set your dvr's in the future.
Agree 100%. There was lots of talk about he was considered a "skinny kid" during his combine, etc, but I thought they missed an opportunity to talk about Brady's workout routine to "bulk up" early in his NFL career. Other than that, a very inspiring piece. There had better be football this year!!!

dont usually tout what any thing the so called world wide leader does but that was pretty special... one of the best documentry's ive seen.. a little disapointed that we got a Bobby Grier reference and not **** Rehbien... But Belichick was also good on there saying that he outplayed Bledsoe in the pre season as well...

Giovanni owns a goat, Tom is the GOAT. How did they miss that story line? :)

Poor Giovanni. I snickered when the announcer solemnly intoned, "He has five goats."

An excellent documentary but will there ever be a time I can watch anything related to the 2007 season without tensing up? I mean, I almost didn't want to watch that part.

Good show. And the tears did not look the same,in context, as they did when they showed the brief clip this morning.

It must KILL Giovanni to see all those pictures of Brady with a goat. :D

Absolutely loved this show. Re: Brady's emotion, I got emotional myself and it's integral to the Brady phenom because you saw up close and raw what drives this guy to this day. Other than repeating some things 10x instead of mention Rehbein and maybe Martinez, it was perfect. Recorded. One of the few anticipated shows that did not disappoint.

We are SO blessed to have this guy.

edit: I loved BB's statement that Tom beat out Drew in camp. I went to several camps in Smithfield that 2001 summer, and I said the same, Brady was better than Drew, and the Bledsoe Krishnas on USENET went ballistic.

Last edited:
Re: Tom's emotion, I was listening to sports talk radio today and they were talking about this, not scornfully, but with respect to the drive Brady has and how that made him the QB he is. Then they went on an absolutely epic rant about how every scout working that year should have been fired and how in the hell could they possibly have missed the potential Brady had. It was a nice reaction to that clip.

Personally, Tom has never hidden the fact that he gets emotional....anyone who watched him get his ring from the second championship knows he cries when overwhelmed with emotion. That just showed me he's the same guy he ever was.

Great documentary. My wife watched a little and she is not a big football fan. She asked me, so after all that, how did he do what he did? I said it can only be attributed to one thing; determination.

After watching him tear up when he thought about dropping to the 6th round I hope he comes back with a vengeance next season.

Stick it to them one more time Tom.

Brady is still as focused and driven as he ever was. We as NE Pats fans are truly blessed to have him as our QB. The second it was over I yelled out "Start the season NOW!!!"

Loved the ending, Kiper saying the negatives about him.

Sad sad day when he goes, enjoy this time.

I never realized how terrible that 2000 NFL draft was by Belichick and Company, Brady really saved their asses in that sense. Also makes you appreciate the more recent drafts that much more.

Florio makes a great point:

After hearing and seeing Brady’s emotional reaction to the fact that he was drafted so late, the one guy I thought about was Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, who wasn’t drafted at all in 2003, when 13 quarterbacks came off the board, including Brady’s rival at Michigan, Drew Henson (taken by the Texans), and players like Dave Ragone (also taken by the Texans), Kliff Kingsbury (taken by the Pats), Gibran Hamdan (taken by the Redskins), and Ken Dorsey (taken by the 49ers). And yet I’ve never heard Romo suggest that he has any anger or frustration regarding the fact that he went seven rounds without being picked. It fits with our long-time theory that Romo is simply happy to be where he is, and that he lacks the unrelenting fire to become the best player he ever can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes