PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

No doubt, Brady putting up with Bills abuse had excellent results in the locker room and in the negotiation room as well. Brady was always a good soldier, an aspect which is completely underrated, to how much it helped Bill succeed (off the field).
This is something that became even more apparent to me watching this series. I have re-told Darrell Revis's story on this forum a few times about him signing here in 2014 and he how we wanted $16 mill and Bill said no. His camp asked why and Bill said because Brady makes $14 and that was it. No more back and forth. Revis fell in line behind the locker room alpha dog.

After watching this and hearing direct quotes like "We worked for Bill but we played for Tom" and just the sheer reverence that the other players interviewed had for Brady. For a guy who transcended the team, and to some extent, the game as a whole, the rest of the locker room adored Brady. I felt like the documentary did a good job of painting Bill as the architect of the dynasty in the first few episodes and anyone with a clue (sorry Upstutter) could tell that Bill was also the one who caused it to crumble.

I see a coach who was a prickly arrogant bastard who gradually lost the respect of many around him, and an owner who blamed his coach for losing the Super Bowl to the Eagles, then watched him alienate the greatest player in NFL history who was also his friend, then when it came down to one or the other, chose tragically wrong. Interesting perspective on the internal dysfunction, but I wish it had been more a celebration of the amazing players and incredible accomplishments, unprecedented and unlikely to be seen again anytime soon.
Yeah what the hell the whole thing was about the dysfunction of an amazing 20 year run rather than the painstaking attention to detail and obsession it takes to accomplish such a thing. The Jordan docuseries was so much better. The Patriots docuseries made it sound like the team was insanely successful against all odds. It’s sad. I’m glad they ended on the note about all the players it took to get there.

This is something that became even more apparent to me watching this series. I have re-told Darrell Revis's story on this forum a few times about him signing here in 2014 and he how we wanted $16 mill and Bill said no. His camp asked why and Bill said because Brady makes $14 and that was it. No more back and forth. Revis fell in line behind the locker room alpha dog.

After watching this and hearing direct quotes like "We worked for Bill but we played for Tom" and just the sheer reverence that the other players interviewed had for Brady. For a guy who transcended the team, and to some extent, the game as a whole, the rest of the locker room adored Brady. I felt like the documentary did a good job of painting Bill as the architect of the dynasty in the first few episodes and anyone with a clue (sorry Upstutter) could tell that Bill was also the one who caused it to crumble.
I still think you can't ignore that from 00-16 Brady did put up with everything Bill thru at him and as you point out guys like Revis would follow suit. Then Brady wether you think he was justified or not stops doing this and put some focus on TB12 and brought Guerrero around even against Bill's wishes again even you think he's justified he's the one changing. And then ultimately he's the one that left.

Looks like Rodney and Devin didn't love it. Devin also might be trying to walk back a little of the bluntness on some of his comments around Bill.

Anyone giving interview for a series called "The dynasty" would think they would talk about you know.."They Dynasty"

Last edited:
Its still amazing how many “experts” here (ie. Bill-hating douchebags) either claim that he lost his coaching abilities or that he was never a great coach but was just carried by Brady for 20 years and actually believe their BS no matter how many time his ex-players, and former unbiased opponents, rave about his coaching abilities and his brilliant football mind and call him the GOAT. Those players would laugh their asses off and shake their heads in disbelieve if they were shown some of the anti-Belichick vitriolic absurdity that has been posted here.

I still think you can't ignore that from 00-16 Brady did put up with everything Bill thru at him and as you point out guys like Revis would follow suit. Then Brady wether you think he was justified or not stops doing this and put some focus on TB12 and brought Guerrero around even against Bill's wishes again even you think he's justified he's the one changing. And then ultimately he's the one that left.
Brady did change but if Bill truly believes in doing what's best for the team like he always claimed then Bill should have adapted. I am not saying bend over backwards for Brady but give a little ground. Bill's good friend Jimmy Johnson openly admitted he didn't treat all his players the same and that the stars he treated differently than the 53rd guy on the roster. All coaches do it so some extent. If Gronk went out and got a DUI in the middle of the season he doesn't get cut but if Matt Lengel did then he wouldn't be a Patriot 5 minutes later. There is always some give and take but Bill's ego wouldn't allow him to bend even for the greatest player of all time.

The more we read from players like McCourty and Harrison chiming in, the more this all sounds like Tom Jackson and "They hate their coach."

Evidently, "The Dynasty" was a highly selective framejob.
I don't see them denying anything they said. They were honest and believed what they said or they wouldn't have said it.

It's the Director's option to direct the film to tell the story he wants to tell about the dynasty. He chose to follow a story about the interaction of the 3 main players that were at the center of the dynasty, from the very beginning to It's sad end.

It was a good story. I learned A LOT. You can go jerk off to 3 games to glory videos if you want. Some of us are more open minded.

Brady did change but if Bill truly believes in doing what's best for the team like he always claimed then Bill should have adapted. I am not saying bend over backwards for Brady but give a little ground. Bill's good friend Jimmy Johnson openly admitted he didn't treat all his players the same and that the stars he treated differently than the 53rd guy on the roster. All coaches do it so some extent. If Gronk went out and got a DUI in the middle of the season he doesn't get cut but if Matt Lengel did then he wouldn't be a Patriot 5 minutes later. There is always some give and take but Bill's ego wouldn't allow him to bend even for the greatest player of all time.
I don't agree with this at all. Bill 100% had his favorite players, that he treated differently. We saw it in the series. He let AH get away with stuff. All the players interviewed said so. We know his penchant for ST players. He kept Slater and McCourty, not 1 but several years too late. We saw how he interacted with JimmyG, while belittling Brady.

That's the thing about this series that I like. It exposed a lot of the beliefs people had about these 3 characters to the light. Nobody is perfect. It doesn't take away from their accomplishments "together."

I don't agree with this at all. Bill 100% had his favorite players, that he treated differently. We saw it in the series. He let AH get away with stuff. All the players interviewed said so. We know his penchant for ST players. He kept Slater and McCourty, not 1 but several years too late. We saw how he interacted with JimmyG, while belittling Brady.

That's the thing about this series that I like. It exposed a lot of the beliefs people had about these 3 characters to the light. Nobody is perfect. It doesn't take away from their accomplishments "together."
True. He had his favorites and that's a good point on Hernandez. Welker noticed that Hernandez seemed to get special treatment. Maybe Brady did get special treatment it was just of the negative variety.

I came to this thread because I wanted for someone to tell me that the rest of the series was better than the first couple episodes that I watched. Looks like I made the right call to abandon the series.

Brady was good with how he was being treated by Bill until he wasn't. And Bill changing how he treated Brady wasn't just impacting the two of them, other players were following suit. Kraft was flip flopping all over the place like he tends to do. It was all kind of messy and we still know very little and even less of what we know was new to this series other than a few new sensational quotes. You guys like to think you know everything and will just fill in the cracks as you see fit like with the Butler story but there's still so much we don't know and may never know.

In the end other than ignoring Rodney and Dillon and some stories like that I don't think this was as bad as media with advanced viewing was making it out to be. The Hernandez stuff and the coverage of the gates are to be be expected and there wasn't much new. There were a few disappointing comments and things about Kraft. Bill looks like his normal stern self and it pisses everyone off. Whoopieee awesome series.

I Think Brady bought into the mindset of thinking its good for the team to think Bill would dish it out to him as well as the lowest guy on the totem pole. To me that's not a weakness it's a sign of strength. Strength of character and humility and a respect of authority which is vitol on a football team. I wasn't crazy about Welkers comment. I loved Welker when he was here, and I loved the bit he did on Rex Ryan,,, But he probably got his walking papers because of that Brazen attitude. The drawback in this doc from Brady to me is is washing his hands of Deflatgate. He didn't have to dwell on it, but for fk sake defend yourself from the ubsurd. Bring up the BS Mortenson report, and the fact that all celebs destroy cell phones.
Also he can't control what his wife or parents (especially Father) say to the to the money grubbing media looking for a scoop. It's like Gisele saying "You can't catch the ball too" after the welker drop and it was cought on tape. The media ran with it like she said **** you Wes when all she was trying to do was comfort here husband after loosing out on the perfect season. I never give even a passing thought to what wives, moms and dads say because it's always something a wife mom , or dad would say every time but the media makes it look maliciouse.
Harrison just said they interviewed him for 4 or 5 hours, and he ended up getting a line or 2 in the finished cut. I have no doubt Brady addressed your concerns.

The more we read from players like McCourty and Harrison chiming in, the more this all sounds like Tom Jackson and "They hate their coach."

Evidently, "The Dynasty" was a highly selective framejob.
This isn’t surprising to me at all. In hindsight BB looks like the only one who quickly deduced what was going on.

Brady was good with how he was being treated by Bill until he wasn't. And Bill changing how he treated Brady wasn't just impacting the two of them, other players were following suit. Kraft was flip flopping all over the place like he tends to do. It was all kind of messy and we still know very little and even less of what we know was new to this series other than a few new sensational quotes. You guys like to think you know everything and will just fill in the cracks as you see fit like with the Butler story but there's still so much we don't know and may never know.

In the end other than ignoring Rodney and Dillon and some stories like that I don't think this was as bad as media with advanced viewing was making it out to be. The Hernandez stuff and the coverage of the gates are to be be expected and there wasn't much new. There were a few disappointing comments and things about Kraft. Bill looks like his normal stern self and it pisses everyone off. Whoopieee awesome series.
Did you know that Bill and Brady weren't talking to each other at the end? Don't you think that adds context to everything we thought we knew?

Harrison just said they interviewed him for 4 or 5 hours, and he ended up getting a line or 2 in the finished cut. I have no doubt Brady addressed your concerns.
That's an interesting point. It would be great if we could listen to the entire interviews of everyone. But that's impossible. Moss also spoke for >5 hours. How do you do it?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back