PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

I think this is copium.

If this were the case, then why would Brady get sick of it and want to leave?

Why didn't Belichick change his approach with Mac?

I think it's more likely that Brady put up with some tough coaching, but Bill's tough coaching changed into resentment and hostility as he wanted to push Brady out.
Yup. The fact Brady took it made it worse as it emboldened Bill. Had Brady nipped this in the bud early on it would not have gotten this bad. Unfortunately Brady was way too nice about this whole thing.

If you can't tell this was a crap series by the opening stuff on Trump and Belichick, you're blind and bamboozled. Ridiculous. Especially in retrospect, given what happened in 2020. It's absolute crud storytelling. And if you had a problem with Belichick then as a player-- FOR THAT!!! -- you must have had a much much bigger problem with both your coach and owner.
How are you doing? Are you OK?

Must be rough to have everything you believe in just come crashing down. I feel for you.

Think through what you just typed. Bill benches the best DB in the SB we lost because we could not stop a cold and he did not tell anyone why.

Nobody knows why is the worst part of this. Think of the hubris. Bill was so ****ing full of himself that he did not bother to even tell people why he did it. I have no clue how Brady tolerated him for 20 years. Infuriating.

Personally this was the game that did it for me. I wanted him gone after. It was simply unforgivable.
Think through what you just typed. What is it that Bill is keeping secret. What could be personal and also Bill's fault not Butler's?

By Kraft saying it was personal and not a coaches decision to me it puts it all on Butler but there's so much built up resentment until we know the exact facts it will always be Bill's fault.

If this were the case, then why would Brady get sick of it and want to leave?
You can' be serious with this statement. I think Slate called him an abused dog, coming back for more.

What do victims of spousal abuse suddenly get up in the middle of the night and leave? They've had enough. Everyone in Tom's camp is saying "why are you putting up with his ****?" Eventually, Tom had outgrown his need to be coached in this manner. It's not hard to see. You know Gisele didn't like it. Tom Sr hated it. Gronk didn't like it, and "retired". It's not hard to imagine his network of former teammates texting him to not put up with it. Is it hard to imagine 'Dola, Randy, or even Peyton Manning texting him a "Why do you let him talk to you like that? You're the GOAT. Eff him." ?
Bill benches the best DB in the SB....
That's revisionist. At that point Butler was far from the best on that team. Everything else you said is probably accurate. They needed one stop, put the guy in and see what happens. Bill could always cut him in the off season.

Think through what you just typed. Bill benches the best DB in the SB we lost because we could not stop a cold and he did not tell anyone why.

Nobody knows why is the worst part of this. Think of the hubris. Bill was so ****ing full of himself that he did not bother to even tell people why he did it. I have no clue how Brady tolerated him for 20 years. Infuriating.

Personally this was the game that did it for me. I wanted him gone after. It was simply unforgivable.
It's a shame that they lost that SB. They would have been 3 time consecutive champs. BB threw that game away and deserves the L along with the DC Patricia.

But BB has been brilliant other times to more than make up for it, so he gets a pass.

Ie Keeping the Rams to single digits in their last SB was a masterpiece and preventing the Falcons to add more points was crucial to allow the offense to crawl back from 28-3.

They needed one stop, put the guy in and see what happens. Bill could always cut him in the off season.
This. ONE stop on third down could have flipped the result. He didn't have to be Deion Sanders or Ty Law in their primes. He was arguably our best tackling corner. If there was a problem with Butler play him, win the SB and then while he's celebrating tell him to clean out his locker when he got back to Foxboro.

Still cant believe Agholor of all people went off on us in that game.

Going back to spygate and the Patriots rep as cheaters...

Funny that of all the players and employees that left the team on less than good terms, not one of them said they were cheating. Not one. You'd think someone would have said they saw it happen or heard about it happening if it really was happening but.... not a word. Go figure.

Going back to spygate and the Patriots rep as cheaters...

Funny that of all the players and employees that left the team on less than good terms, not one of them said they were cheating. Not one. You'd think someone would have said they saw it happen or heard about it happening if it really was happening but.... not a word. Go figure.
Bill rubs everyone in the league the wrong way. He doesn't play nice, so any opportunity to get him, the league took it.

Look, you're a latecomer to all of this and haven't a clue about what it takes to actually lead a team for years, never mind decades. A bunch of preening toddlers running around thinking me, me, me all the time.

But what I said is absolutely TRUE: there is no new information about why Butler was benched. We all assume it was disciplinary. If that's the case, this is something Belichick ALWAYS did. He did it to Welker, he did it to Adalius, he did it to many many others. You thinkit's wrong to have standards and discipline. Let the inmates run the asylum.

My basic point remains: we don't know what happened.

And the fact you wanted Bill fired at the expense of a Super Bowl win in 2018 is bonkers. Who in the world gives up a Super Bowl victory?

As for Kraft keeping a keen eye on Bill's coaching in 2018, that's laughable. Patriot fans should be supremely worried about that comment because it signals he has no clue about football and has no idea what he's watching.

The 2014 and 2016 Super Bowls weren't enough to tell Kraft that the coaching and game planning was till top notch?

Did Kraft not realize that the defense held one of the greatest offenses in NFL history to 21 points? That didn't impress him?

Last edited:
Nothing new came out? Did you sleep through the episode?

- Kraft said there was a personal issue between Bill and Butler. That is pretty damn huge. That’s straight from the owner.

- Kraft said Bill put himself above the team and blames him for the loss. That also is pretty damn huge.

- The players went on record about how pissed they were. McCourty, Slater, Amendola. While we had heard rumblings from players before, it was nothing like this. They put that loss on Bill.

We had heard rumours Butler was sick, he didn’t practice well, his head wasn’t in it. All that looks to be BS once you hear the owner say it was a personal issue between Bill and Butler.
"I had heard..." I don't know what the personal issue is. What could it possibly be? It was about football honestly. What was their personal issue outside of football? A lover's spat? Did they go in on a boat together to ride around Nantucket and Butler threw a big party on it? It's about football.

If you think there's any clarity to what Butler did after the episode, I wish you'd actually tell me what he did.

The fact that Kraft continues to take every opportunity to disparage Belichick is absolutely no surprise.

It's a terrible look for Kraft and once again shows that billionaires are not necessarily smarter than the rest of us. We see right through this guy.

Did you watch? Pretty obvious from the players and owner the 2017 season and especially the Butler benching was a huge issue for them. You had players and the owner saying that Bill treated Brady like ****. And you’re ignoring all that and putting it on Guerrero? WTF??
The benching of Butler happed at the END of the 2017 season.

THEN THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL IN 2028.

They covered that in episode 10. If it was a huge issue, it certainly didn't impact their performance.

The Guerrero issue was huge because Kraft undermined Belichick in front of the entire team and it pissed Belichick off so much that itit created the tension player's talked about. Why else do you think Belichick was pissed that year? What other reason could he have?

Even Amendola understood and articulated why the Guerrero issue was a thing.

Let's face it, Guerrero is a "very close" personal friend of Brady's. And by very close, I mean from Guerrero's perspective, he certainly utters some unbelievably bizarre things about manipulating Brady's body. Did you miss that? If you think this wasn't a huge story, you totally missed the major story of the episodes.

If the team was pissed at Belichick because of Butler, they proceeded to... WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

Slater made that perfectly clear.

Was it Bil or was it Tom is the wrong question. They would have won multiple SB with another great coach or QB.

The proper question is who is greater? Tom answered that hands down by winning a SB without Bill. He's the Goat QB. It's undisputed.

In the meantime Bill took a step down by having a losing record before and after Brady. It's now hard to say he's the Goat coach.
Coaching and QBing are 2 different things.

You can be a QB and join a loaded team and win. (I'm not saying Brady was just any QB. He's the reason Tampa won!). But think back to when Brad Johnson joined Tampa. That team won the SB with a mediocre QB who had joined the team. Johnson was actually the replacement for Trent Dilfer. Dilfer left that Bucs team and went to Baltimore and... won the Super Bowl.

Both Dilfer and Johnson are QBs who left their teams and won Super Bowls immediately with more talented teams.

Neither of these guys are notable QBs. I'm not saying Brady is in their category, he's the greatest of all time. I'm just saying that it happens that a QB joins a loaded team and wins.

Coaches who are rebuilding have to cobble together 22 starters. That's a totally different story than one QB joining a loaded team. The only comparison you can make is Belichick joining the Bucs instead of Brady and then bringing on a Brad Johnson type QB (not sure who that would be, say Garoppolo since Garoppolo went to the SB the previous year). How does Belichick do with the Bucs talent? That's a flawed comparison as well, but it's a better one.

Remember, Jon Gruden hadn't won a thing until he joined the Bucs, and then he won a Super Bowl in his very first year with Brad Johnson as his QB. Gruden made a career of that year and of that Super Bowl win. If he hadn't joined a loaded team, he wouldn't have had a long career on TV and multiple chances to coach again.

Last edited:
Think through what you just typed. What is it that Bill is keeping secret. What could be personal and also Bill's fault not Butler's?

By Kraft saying it was personal and not a coaches decision to me it puts it all on Butler but there's so much built up resentment until we know the exact facts it will always be Bill's fault.
Wrong. The rumor is Butler had a confrontation with little Steve during practice and Patricia and Bill decided to bench him for disrespecting a coach. That's not a football decision during the most important game of the season. It was personal and 100% on Bill. He cost us the 3-peat.

We've seen Bill do this before with Bennett, who he shipped out to DAL.

Holy **** they inserted Trump into this series? WTAF? Did posters at patsfans help produce it? Let's bring back the political thread while we are at it. Ugh

It's a terrible look for Kraft and once again shows that billionaires are not necessarily smarter than the rest of us. We see right through this guy.
Kraft bought the team with the promise of bringing a championship to NE. He brought 6 SBs (should've been 7, if not for Bill). Kraft became a billionaire while owning the Patriots.

You, otoh, sit here posting lies on a football forum. Who's the biggest loser? Lol

The benching of Butler happed at the END of the 2017 season.

THEN THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL IN 2028.

They covered that in episode 10. If it was a huge issue, it certainly didn't impact their performance.

The Guerrero issue was huge because Kraft undermined Belichick in front of the entire team and it pissed Belichick off so much that itit created the tension player's talked about. Why else do you think Belichick was pissed that year? What other reason could he have?

Even Amendola understood and articulated why the Guerrero issue was a thing.

Let's face it, Guerrero is a "very close" personal friend of Brady's. And by very close, I mean from Guerrero's perspective, he certainly utters some unbelievably bizarre things about manipulating Brady's body. Did you miss that? If you think this wasn't a huge story, you totally missed the major story of the episodes.

If the team was pissed at Belichick because of Butler, they proceeded to... WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

Slater made that perfectly clear.
The only thing that's perfectly clear to anyone that reads your posts, is that you are a cultist in the Team Bill cult. You poor delusional thing. Lol

Edit: NM

"I had heard..." I don't know what the personal issue is. What could it possibly be? It was about football honestly. What was their personal issue outside of football? A lover's spat? Did they go in on a boat together to ride around Nantucket and Butler threw a big party on it? It's about football.

If you think there's any clarity to what Butler did after the episode, I wish you'd actually tell me what he did.

The fact that Kraft continues to take every opportunity to disparage Belichick is absolutely no surprise.

The owner of the team said Butler was benched because of a personal issue with Bill. The owner of the team puts that loss on Bill. Players were pissed at Bill. Bill talks about doing what’s best for the team, not the individual, but never gave the guys who worked and played hard through that miserable season any explanation. That was said by Amendola.

But you come on here and act like Bill did nothing wrong even though the whole team including the owner were pissed at him. Keep the blinders on pal.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back