PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

How about this passage?

"In 2013, Hernandez went to Belichick and he told him he feared for his family's safety. When Belichick suggested they get the Patriots security team involved, Aaron said no. Instead, he requested that he be traded to a west coast team.

Bill Belichick just said no.

CUT TO BELICHICK BEING INTERVIEWED:

Question: "In 2013, Aaron Hernandez said he feared for his family's safety and requested a trade from the Patriots. What did you do with that information?"

Belichick: "It's an unfortunate situation with Aaron. I don't have anything to add to it."

Cut to a Boston Globe reporter: "Belichick never explained why he didn't trade Aaron Hernandez but it was probably because the team invested all this money in him because he was still a great football player. This embodies what we call Football Inc., which is just a cold attitude that says we just want to win..."

[MUSIC]

"And so a young man ends up dead."

Holy mackerel, what a conclusion to that sequence of statements, Belichick quotes, Boston Globe quotes. Hernandez wanted to be traded for fear of his family's safety. Belichick refused because he cared more about winning. And so [BECAUSE OF THAT (IMPLIED)] a young man ended up dead.

I mean, is this not laughably pathetic?
Why?

Bill trades AH to WC
Odin is alive today

Is there any debate to that?

Last week, my kid put in the best performance she ever had while trying out for a soccer club. Afterward, the coach came up to her and said, "You have to be more aggressive and try running harder next time." He said it sarcastically. She didn't pick up on it all and just started shaking her head, "Yes, I'll try harder next time." He had to explain to her that she was super aggressive and that he appreciated it.
20240217_171404.jpg

The guys triggered by this series because it makes Bill look bad are pathetic. They are telling a story within a story. The real story is the relationship between the 3 main characters as it evolved from the very beginning to the end. They stop around critical points where things happened that foretells the ending. We are hearing it directly from the people that were involved, at least those that chose to speak.

On the AH episode, there isn't anything that isn't factual:

1. Teams passed on him because he had red flags. Bill drafted him anyway.
2. Dude had issues that his teammates noticed, as did the coaches and everyone else.
3. Dude wanted to get traded to WC. Bill said no.

Ernie Adams: "Aaron was obviously a very talented player and he got a big contract, uh, which in retrospect, no, we shouldn't have done that. Probably the best thing for Aaron Hernandez pro football career and his life might have been to go to the Seattle Seahawks. Not be within a two-hour drive of people he grew up with from his hometown of Bristol. You know, someone got killed. A young person lost his life because of Aaron Hernandez."

Is Ernie a Bill hater too?

I think it's a gripping excellent series.

I hated how they spun the narrative that basically Belichick was already over Gronk's antics the night they drafted him but coddled a murderer.
I have not seen any of it but tension between Gronk and team happened way before his initial retirement. We heard it as soon as Gronk started getting injured and his 2nd contract.

Episode 6 was incredible.

I mean, maybe the Krafts are supposed to look good here, but Bob comes off looking like a total fool. A total fool.

I mean, Hernandez was found to have CTE, wasn’t he? Am I making that up? I wonder how things would be had he found himself in Seattle but I think it’s also probable that it just means some guy in Seattle would have eventually found himself dead as well. Hernandez was a mental disaster and way too far gone. He courted trouble.

Last edited:
Why?

Bill trades AH to WC
Odin is alive today

Holy ****. Plenty of debate actually. What is your guess as to Hernandez’ motive for murdering Lloyd. My guess is it had something to do with the double murder in Boston. Hernandez was a psychopath. He shot someone if Florida, he may have killed two guys in Boston, and then was convicted of shooting his “crew mate” Lloyd. There is no reason to believe his pattern would have stopped with a trade to the WC.

Trying to somehow pin this on Belichick is straight up demented on your part. You have good comments to make about football but you’ve made this into a very peculiar crusade against BB at a personal level. Get a grip, it’s entertainment ffs

I have not seen any of it but tension between Gronk and team happened way before his initial retirement. We heard it as soon as Gronk started getting injured and his 2nd contract.
The media was spinning it that Belichick told Gronk to pipe down at the draft. The video footage showed it wasn't that, they were all laughing and he said it sarcastically.

Holy ****. Plenty of debate actually. What is your guess as to Hernandez’ motive for murdering Lloyd. My guess is it had something to do with the double murder in Boston. Hernandez was a psychopath. He shot someone if Florida, he may have killed two guys in Boston, and then was convicted of shooting his “crew mate” Lloyd. There is no reason to believe his pattern would have stopped with a trade to the WC.

Trying to somehow pin this on Belichick is straight up demented on your part. You have good comments to make about football but you’ve made this into a very peculiar crusade against BB at a personal level. Get a grip, it’s entertainment ffs
I'm not blaming Bill for the murder. Come on. Odin wasn't part of his crew. It probably was something as innocuous as AH feeling disrespected.

Point still stands. If Bill trades AH, the murder doesn't happen here. Maybe it happens in Seattle or maybe he finds himself, after being away from his toxic squad. Who knows? Ernie said it best at the end. He knew and sounds like he has regrets. Like Branch said, it's just a sad story man.

The media was spinning it that Belichick told Gronk to pipe down at the draft. The video footage showed it wasn't that, they were all laughing and he said it sarcastically.
The media? Gronk said it himself. Dude, you even lie about stuff we're all watching at the same time. You definitely suffer from mythomania. Get help.

Earlier this week I read a review article on a national site written by this kinda (relatively) fresh out of college gal who had never watched football in her life save for the occasional SB, and she absolutely loved the 1st 4 episodes because of the drama. Looks like the storytelling is working for the target audience (as many people as possible).

Random thoughts and spoilers:

Cass quoting BB: "Because I don't want to have to write your mother a letter that says, 'Dear Mrs. Cassel, we're sorry to inform you that your son is dead because he's a dumbass and didn't see a corner blitz.'"

Tom Brady running on the treadmill with wires attached from behind. I've always wanted to do that on one of my home treadmills (that sounds weird to say).

Cassel getting traded before TB12 came back tells me he did not want a QB controversy... and wanted to sell high (2nd rd pick - PChung)

Deion Branch - Love the hair! He's probably my 2nd favorite to TB80. [Note he wanted AJ Brown or DK Metcalf in that draft.]

BB on drafting Gronk with a grin on his face: "Look at this [post draft shenanigans]. Lord have mercy on us."

Kraft talking to BB during 2012 preseason: "Man I was most impressed with Hernandez - how he came in today. I think he's got such a good heart. He's a good guy."

TBH, I don't know how this site can keep joking about RLKAG when that happened. RKK admitting that his convo with AH basically changed how he perceived people is tough to hear. As someone earlier mentioned (Steve?), prob affected BB as well.

Last edited:
The media? Gronk said it himself. Dude, you even lie about stuff we're all watching at the same time. You definitely suffer from mythomania. Get help.

Ya that's wild. I thought it was pretty clear that Gronk didn't take that seriously and that it was a joke from Bill or whoever called him.

There is no boogeyman with an agenda on that.

However I'm disgusted with how Jon Kraft came in with his superiority complex saying he had to cut Hernandez wether his father or Bill wanted to or not.

I really don't like this clown.

Why?

Bill trades AH to WC
Odin is alive today

877e3e98-1a79-4d67-af39-b54d0736503b_text.gif

Yes, but we don’t know the full conversation. And it wasn’t the media, Gronk himself said it.

The guys triggered by this series because it makes Bill look bad are pathetic. They are telling a story within a story. The real story is the relationship between the 3 main characters as it evolved from the very beginning to the end. They stop around critical points where things happened that foretells the ending. We are hearing it directly from the people that were involved, at least those that chose to speak.

On the AH episode, there isn't anything that isn't factual:

1. Teams passed on him because he had red flags. Bill drafted him anyway.
2. Dude had issues that his teammates noticed, as did the coaches and everyone else.
3. Dude wanted to get traded to WC. Bill said no.

Ernie Adams: "Aaron was obviously a very talented player and he got a big contract, uh, which in retrospect, no, we shouldn't have done that. Probably the best thing for Aaron Hernandez pro football career and his life might have been to go to the Seattle Seahawks. Not be within a two-hour drive of people he grew up with from his hometown of Bristol. You know, someone got killed. A young person lost his life because of Aaron Hernandez."

Is Ernie a Bill hater too?

I think it's a gripping excellent series.
1709385588343.gif

Just finished episode 5 and I am still wondering how this is allegedly a Bill "hit piece"? They basically spent an entire episode talking about how Bill was able to keep the team competitive and winning after losing Brady and I assume they were planting the seeds for the Bill vs Brady episodes down the road.

Just finished episode 5 and I am still wondering how this is allegedly a Bill "hit piece"? They basically spent an entire episode talking about how Bill was able to keep the team competitive and winning after losing Brady and I assume they were planting the seeds for the Bill vs Brady episodes down the road.
It’s not a Bill hit piece at least so far. There are some people here who are very very sensitive to any Bill criticism at all, it seems. I’m a huge Bill fan and I tend to get combative with people who dump on Bill but I recognize he has made mistakes, like everyone does. I’m enjoying the series. It is excellent.

Holley made a great point in their “postgame” show. He said that Bill offered Pats security, and AH passed, because it would have held him accountable. He didn’t want to be accountable.
Was anyone else besides me waiting for someone to say BB had offered AH a “safe house”? Remember that Rolling Stone article? Good grief.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back