PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Lewis allegedly cheated to come back from injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
PED'S should be legal for recovery purposes. Steroids are a great tool for certain purposes but have repercussions if used long term. If a doctor sanctions them use as part of recovery i have no problem with any player using them to get back to work as soon as possible. Now that wasn't the case here and isn't the case given that leagues haven't sanctioned that but I would be all for professional sports allowing players to use PED's in that context.
There's a slight difference between PED's should be legal to their current status. The issue becomes the grey area. What do you make legal and what don't you?

Personally, I'm more surprised these days if someone appears to be clean given I assume everyone is on something. Unfortunately, they are the times we live in.

As long as people are looking for a competitive advantage and they compete, these issues will be around.

I wonder if any non-Baltimore non-Baltimore Hater fans still think this guy is righteous.

I wonder if anyone doesn't see him for the phony he is.

PED'S should be legal for recovery purposes. Steroids are a great tool for certain purposes but have repercussions if used long term. If a doctor sanctions them use as part of recovery i have no problem with any player using them to get back to work as soon as possible. Now that wasn't the case here and isn't the case given that leagues haven't sanctioned that but I would be all for professional sports allowing players to use PED's in that context.

They should be legal, BUT their use should be supervised by the league to prevent use to gain a competitive injury.

Steroids and HGH and other substances are used as part of the therapy for non professional athletes they should be part of the therapy for professional.

If they were legal for therapy then the penalties for use of these substances for competitive advantage ie when used illegally should be much more harsh.

Given the attitude of the Raven fan base and players towards the Pats and spygate, it is fun to see them hoisted on their own petards when the face of the franchise is shown to be cheating.

Steroids and HGH and other substances are used as part of the therapy for non professional athletes they should be part of the therapy for professional.

They are approved for use almost exclusively as part of scientifically-backed therapies for dwarfism, for age-related muscle wasting, and for age-related low T.

Professional athletes who are suffering from dwarfism, who are over 60 and below height/weight recommendations, or who are over 50 with low T as measured by blood tests would thus be the relevant athletes to get such therapies. That is, none of them.

Adderall and other drugs to treat attention deficit disorders is another matter, and of course the NFL allows them to be used, as long as you follow proper procedures.

They are approved for use almost exclusively as part of scientifically-backed therapies for dwarfism, for age-related muscle wasting, and for age-related low T.

Professional athletes who are suffering from dwarfism... would thus be the relevant athletes to get such therapies. That is, none of them.

Woodhead, Demps, Welker...

They should be legal, BUT their use should be supervised by the league to prevent use to gain a competitive injury.

If they were legal for therapy then the penalties for use of these substances for competitive advantage ie when used illegally should be much more harsh.

Given the attitude of the Raven fan base and players towards the Pats and spygate, it is fun to see them hoisted on their own petards when the face of the franchise is shown to be cheating.

I think we agree on PED usage.

I understand why Patriot fans are angry at the media and other fanbases for the bullsh.t heaped upon the Patriots achievements, and I really wish Willie McGinest would take one for the team and go on to the set at NFLN and beat Marshall faulk to a bloody pulp and promise to do it every time he ever opens his fairy mouth and utters a word against the Patriots. That said i honestly believe that the bitter balls of sh.t who talk this crap are only a small but seriously warped minority of their fanbases, and that the vast majority are decent people who simply enjoy their team and want them to win, and I don't like the idea of media and fans doing the same things to those people that was done to Patriot fans.

And to be clear about it, I think Patriot fans have every right to throw anything they want at any dirtball who comes into this forum and talks sh.t about the Patriots, or in any other venue for that matter. I have a friend who works agt a local bar who is a Ravens fan and who tried talking sh.t about the Patriots and kept trying to throw out the "Spygate" BS despite my telling him not to go there if he wanted to talk football with me. He kept it up so I walked off. The next time football came up he tried it again and I walked off, and that happened several times until he simply stopped going there in football conversations. When the Patriot played the Ravens this tin e it never came up and when they won I congratulated him and told him I would be rooting for SF in the Bowl, but I won't bring up Ray Lewis and cheating with him unless he decides to go down that path again first.

See, now, this makes sense. It's all the Devil's fault.

“That’s the trick of the devil,” Lewis said when asked about allegations that he used a banned performance-enhancing substance during his recovery from a torn triceps. “The trick of the devil is to kill, steal and destroy. That’s what he comes to do. He comes to distract you from everything you’re trying to do.”

At some point you have to seriously wonder about brain damage with this guy. And no, I am not making light of a serious issue. I mean it.

Somebody with photoshop needs to put a set of antlers on top of the Ravens emblem on the helmet.

At some point you have to seriously wonder about brain damage with this guy. And no, I am not making light of a serious issue. I mean it.

This guy knows that if you take the Lords name like Tebow does you have half the country supporting you no matter what.

Seriously? You are accusing him of murder but can't name the guy?

Lewis was with friends who got into an altercation and one of them stabbed a guy who died from the injuries. An overzealous prosecutor tried to go after Lewis and Lewis lied and obstructed the case. He never murdered anyone but his crime in obstructing the case was pretty heinous nonetheless and he is going to have to live with that, hopefully it haunts him. You can call him whatever names you wish for being a scumbag but you can't call him a murderer because he never murdered anyone. Imo the prosecutor would have gotten Lewis to assist them and name the murderer if he hadn't been publicity hungry and politically ambitious and gone after a guy because of his NFL name recognition. Basically they all screwed it up but that still in no way excuses Lewis for covering for his friend.

You forgot to mention the roider's bloody white suit that went missing. One of the victim's blood that was all over the limo. The fact that both families sued him for millions of dollars. His inability to stop talking about the case, because his murderer conscious is eating him alive. He murdered them boys and got away with it because he's meant something to the Ravens organization, same reason why Rapistberger got away with raping them girls. Go read the transcript during the trial, they had to pull the jury out of the room, in order to "refresh his mind" in other word help Lewis to get his story straight. He got away with murder and now he's cheating. So righteous. So righteous. Please.

See, now, this makes sense...

It's all the Devil's fault

Props to him for finding a totally new way to avoid answering a tough question... I may have to try it!

Boss: Is your report done yet?
Me: It's all the Devil's fault!

Wife: Did you figure out what was wrong with the garage door opener?

Child: Dad, can you help me with this trigonometry problem... I don't understand it!

Doc: Your triclycerides are up a little, have you changed your eating habits?

Ray seemed to avoid any follow-up question. I guess an alternative to giving answers is to baffle them with bull*hit.

If Mayo or Brady where injured, and they had a chance to get back by taking ped. We would all chant out "do it!". What's the difference here? Do people actually think that the majority of nfl players are not using ped?

Ravens fans are now getting to see first hand what it is like when the media is bashing your team. Its kindda ironic that the same morons who say that the PATS fans are delusional etc are being delusional about the whole deer antler controversy. Although i should mention that ESPN is showing its support for lewis, except cowherd all the radio hosts i have heard (havent seen any sports program on the tv since the first half of the ne-balt game) are blasting SI for releasing this story just before the SB. I guess this is because Ray"FRAUD" Lewis is going to join the network after the SB.

PFT Rumor: Ray used banned substance? - Page 11 - Ravens Talk - Ravens Official Message Board

I'm sure this has been said but...

Imagine if this was a Patriots player, or heaven forbid Brady. Talk about a complete crucifixion. We'd hear nothing for the next year but how Brady should be banned from the game, Patriots should be docked a decades worth of draft picks (we did get 3 superbowls out of it! *rolls eyes*), and fine Kraft/Belichick into oblivion.

But instead since it's hero-murderer Ray Lewis, we barely hear a peep of it. Most of the discussion is happening on Patriots forum boards and no one else but the Steelers fans seem to care.

I mean again, if this were Brady imagine the response that would be happening right now. Nothing but endless headlines of how the Patriots are evil cheaters and only win because of cheating. But all ESPN will do against Lewis is post a mini blurb article on it.

What a complete joke.

He shook hands with the devil.

I know Armstrong, Bonds, Clemons are all cheaters, but we can't prove they cheated. They've blasted them and won't even allow them into the HOF in peace. SI has actual evidence that this fraudulent 'roid-bred degenerate was on the stuff and all he can get is praise, while they demand SI be burned to the ground. Very similar to that murderous run he had in Atlanta, I guess the Modell's connections run very deep.

Ravens fans are now getting to see first hand what it is like when the media is bashing your team. Its kindda ironic that the same morons who say that the PATS fans are delusional etc are being delusional about the whole deer antler controversy. Although i should mention that ESPN is showing its support for lewis, except cowherd all the radio hosts i have heard (havent seen any sports program on the tv since the first half of the ne-balt game) are blasting SI for releasing this story just before the SB. I guess this is because Ray"FRAUD" Lewis is going to join the network after the SB.

PFT Rumor: Ray used banned substance? - Page 11 - Ravens Talk - Ravens Official Message Board
To Ravens fans: Welcome to our world. Just pray that it doesn't continue for 5+ years with no end in sight...

I honestly worry about what his life will become after the NFL.

He is going to miss that intensity from suiting up on Sundays.
He is going to miss leading a huddle and yelling at his players.
He is going to miss the physicality of the game.

Plus I'm sure he has a significant amount of brain damage after playing football for so many years.

I could see another OJ Simpson type of thing happening with Ray Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes