PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Edwards or it's a waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Realistically, Ray Edwards is all the Vikings have to offer us.

They wont give us AP, or Sidney Rice. A 1st rd pick is probably out of question. At this point in our development, we don't exactly need any more draft picks. We already have 3 picks that will be in the Top 36 picks, and our team needs experienced proven players rather than more young prospects.

Enter Ray Edwards... in a contract year just like Moss. 6-5 270 DE that would be worth converting into OLB.

We lose an important piece of offense, but gain an important piece of defense that we've needed for a few years now. A 27 year old DE/OLB that instantly improves the pass rush.

anything other than Edwards and we're getting ripped off.

Last edited:
that would be great,but its not going to happen

Gotta agree that if we get a player back il feel a lot better, a 3rd won't keep me from been upset over the trade, 2nd or 3rd and player or just a real good impact player will be fine.

that would be great,but its not going to happen

how do you know?

If I were BB and Pats management, I'd be forcing this on Minnesota all day.

Theyre so desperate for a WR, and they already have 3 studs on the DLine they can afford to trade away Edwards for Moss.

Vikes are in Win Now, so they get old WR
Pats are in rebuilding D mode, so they get 27 year old DE/OLB

Both are in contract years and probably won't be re-signed. Win/Win situation for everyone.

It just isnt worth it for us any other way. How many 3rd rounders do we need? Recent 3rd rd picks like McKenzie and Crable have barely made the team, or got cut and signed to practice squad.

Last edited:
Yeah, we're going to convert him in a matter of days and then possibly lose him in the offseason anyway.

Is this happening?

I can't wade through all of the BS in that other thread. Can someone bring me up to speed on this

Yeah, we're going to convert him in a matter of days and then possibly lose him in the offseason anyway.

sign and trade, or some sort of verbal agreement just like Moss is doing with the Vikings right now

Moss would take the Vikings from being a joke for begging Favre to come back, to being a legit SuperBowl contender.

We deserve something worthwhile in return.

Last edited:
The Edwards angle is interesting. My main question would be could he make the transition to our system.

You never know, BB could be trying to acquire a No. 2 to send to SD for V-Jax. In that case Jackson would become Randy's LONG TERM replacement with a long term deal. Doesn't seem likely, but not completely implausible either.

Someone like Harvin could be included in the deal. I think it's obvious BB likes Florida players.

Or he could just pocket the extra pick for next April.

Still, it makes you wonder why the Patriots just re-signed Brady to a whopper of a deal only to leave him 1 proven WR (Welker) and an a promising rookie TE as his top two options. Welker makes his living underneath. Hernandez doesn't offer what Moss did (does) as a deep threat.

Tate is impressive on kick returns, but his role on offense -- despite having more receptions than Moss -- remains a question mark.

How much confidence does Brady have in him?

I'd personally like to see what Tate can do with a full-time role in the offense.

Lots of questions ahead. We'll get the answers to many of them shortly. With BB you never what he is thinking which keeps it interesting.

Last edited:
I pray to GOD that these rumors are true!! :D

And I'll bet they ARE!! :rocker:

As I've been preaching for YEARS ~ just months, hereabouts ~ retaining Moss does NOT bode well for our chances of winning Super Bowls.

Ball Control + Tenacious D Win Championships.

And Brother Randy Moss ~ I still love that guy ~ is NOT the Ball Control type.

Yes, it IS just that simple.

90-99% of y'all ~ even most of the smart ones, of whom there are many ~ will disagree with me on that...

But remember where you heard it:

Moving Randy down the road is a critical step in our return to Super Bowl Glory.

Not to familiar with the whole money aspect of things.. but if Moss leaves and the Patriots don't pick up a big time player in return, could that signal Mankins coming back? It would make a good offensive line even better.

This is stupid. Moss is not getting traded.

I pray to GOD that these rumors are true!! :D

And I'll bet they ARE!! :rocker:

As I've been preaching for YEARS ~ just months, hereabouts ~ retaining Moss does NOT bode well for our chances of winning Super Bowls.

Ball Control + Tenacious D Win Championships.

And Brother Randy Moss ~ I still love that guy ~ is NOT the Ball Control type.

Yes, it IS just that simple.

90-99% of y'all ~ even most of the smart ones, of whom there are many ~ will disagree with me on that...

But remember where you heard it:

Moving Randy down the road is a critical step in our return to Super Bowl Glory.

Felger, is that you?

Im feeling draft compensation. Vikings traded mitchell to Cleveland today to make room for moss. They want Edwards for this year. But then again anythings possible.

Last edited:
Felger, is that you?

I am 8,000,000,000,000 times smarter than that PILE.

But if you think I'm HIM, at least he's smarter than YOU. :bricks:

the vikings want to win now, their not going to trade away a player who is necessary to do that..

if they do ill eat my hat

I would be DELIRIOUS with delight if Coach Bill stuck up Coach #@$% Face for a 2011 1st Rounder!! :D

The recently 12-4 Vikings are taking on water, my friends: That one could actually turn out to land in the 10-20 range, easily.

I would be DELIRIOUS with delight if Coach Bill stuck up Coach #@$% Face for a 2011 1st Rounder!! :D

The recently 12-4 Vikings are taking on water, my friends: That one could actually turn out to land in the 10-20 range, easily.

i have a feeling itll be a 3rd rounder, mainly because thatll piss me off the most

the vikings want to win now, their not going to trade away a player who is necessary to do that..

if they do ill eat my hat

Edwards isnt "necessary".

He's probably the weakest on their entire DLine ...which isnt saying much since theyre all studs, but still... they'd be fine without him

i have a feeling itll be a 3rd rounder, mainly because thatll piss me off the most

Actually, I'm encouraged, because it looks like rumors of a tiff were just BS, and everything that we've seen shows Randy being professional. He's repeatedly said that he's not mad, and he understands and respects our position. And he's calmly explained his.

All of which suggests to me that this move ~ if it happens ~ was initiated by the VIKINGS...

And that bodes very well, INDEED...for Randy's Market Price. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore