Ravens Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Ravens(4-1) at Patriots (3-1)

no doubt this will be a tough game for us. However, the baltimore secondary is not great, especially without Ed Reed.

Today the Ravens D gave up 314 yards passing and 2 TDs to KYLE ORTON. However, the Ravens D only gave up 40 yards rushing or so. It may not bode well for law firm on next sunday.

on the flip side, joe flacco threw for only 196 yards and went 14 for 25 against denver, while ray rice and co. rushed for 200 yards. I think they will try to ram it down our throat all day sunday with ray rice. we have one of the worst run defense's in the league. BB has to think of something, and he will have had 2 weeks to come up with a game plan. If we stop ray rice and mcgahee or at least minimize their effect, then I think we can win. if not, we have to listen to the media harp on about how trading moss was a mistake.

Last edited:
we have one of the worst run defense's in the league. BB has to think of something, and he will have had 2 weeks to come up with a game plan. If we stop ray rice and mcgahee or at least minimize their effect, then I think we can win. if not, we have to listen to the media harp on about how trading moss was a mistake.

They're actually slightly below median on run D, giving up 4.4 YPC (the worst is 5.3 YPC, and #10 is 3.8 YPC).

I like the Pats chances ....

Brady has plenty of targets and the OL has been looking good recently...

Big ????? is Pats run D. Put 8 in the box and make Flacco beat you.

I like the Pats chances ....

Brady has plenty of targets and the OL has been looking good recently...

Big ????? is Pats run D. Put 8 in the box and make Flacco beat you.

Like Sanchez? No thanks. The pass D worries me more.

I think Moss is due for a big game against that secondary...

i hate to put down our D, but the best game plan would be to keep the D off the field as much as possible. play ball control on offense with a few 7 and 8 minute drives.

The base 3-4, two gap alignment was originally engineered this way by Chuck Fairbanks to stop the run first. That said, I do expect some run blitzes by the safeties and some stacking the box.

On offense, I am concerned about how the right side of the line will be in protection. SeaBass did not distinguish himself in Miami.

Last edited:
The last time these teams met, Brady threw 3 picks and fumbled once, and the Ravens rushed for 234 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Defensively, the Pats had no answer for Ray Rice.

It's not likely that Brady will turn the ball over 4 times this Sunday, but I don't see how the run D has significantly improved since last year's playoff game.

Last edited:
i hate to put down our D, but the best game plan would be to keep the D off the field as much as possible. play ball control on offense with a few 7 and 8 minute drives.

Balt is not giving up much in the rushing game but I think the Brady 'dink and dunk' offense will work well against these guys. Screens, slants, and drag routes all day with some 2nd and short bombs to Tate/Price/Hernandez to see if we can get lucky on one of 'em. Defensively, we still do not know how well the young ones can play so with just some improvements, they may do ok.

Brady should light them up, it comes down to causing Flacco to make mistakes because they won't beat us with the run, no team this year will IMO, I could care less about last season.

Brady has to channel all the Moss anger and have a big day. I want some revenge and by that I mean somewhere around 34-17 would be great. That's not to be said I wouldn't take a 12-9 victory, just a nice blowout would give us a lot of momentum.

This will be a tough game for us. The Ravens always come prepared AND fired up ready to play from the opening whistle. We need to match their intensity from the start otherwise we might dig ourselves in a hole early on.

They don't have great cover guys, but their scheme and the chemistry the players have on defense is on a very high level right now. They only rush for the most part 4 rushers, but it's never the same four all the time. I've seen some of their DLs drop back in coverage when they blitz Ray or another LB/DB. However, for the most part, their cover guys are not really great cover-men.

OBrien's must prepare our guys otherwise this will be a long game.

It's not likely that Brady will turn the ball over 4 times this Sunday, but I don't see how the run D has significantly improved since last year's playoff game.

I think a healthy Mayo and the addition of Spikes will help. We're not going to shut down Ray Rice, but we'll be better than last time we faced him.

Ngata has been playing at a really high level all season. He's been playing at end more often, but wherever he lines up, we need to provide some help.

Without Reed, that secondary should be vulnerable. Hopefully Brady can take advantage of it.

On defense, if we can't seal our edges, we're in for a long day. Most of Ray Rice's runs start in the middle but he always looks to bounce it outside. We gotta keep them honest and make Rice stay inside and gang tackle.

On passing downs, Flacco seems to be having problems making progressions when his first option is not open. Pressuring him would be ideal, but even if pressure is not immediately there, if our guys stay within their lanes, Flacco might throw a couple of passes up for grabs.

Moss is gone? WTF? When did that happen?

You forgot to add your little:rolleyes:sarcasm symbol!

I am anticipating this game more than any other regular season game in quite a while. Very curious to see how the team responds post-Moss era. If Ray Rice starts running wild we are in for a long night, but I am confident that we can slow him down. I liked the look of Wilfork off the Nose Tackle position, then you know which side they will run to. Here is to hoping the defense takes 2 more steps forward this week. GO PATS!

Last edited:
I wish they kept Moss for this game and THEN let him go...its going to be a really tough game and it will come down to the last 2:00 min

I predict we'll see a lot of Wilfork at LDE again. Whether it's Wright or Pryor will remain to be seen. And then we'll see Brace at RDE. That should be the most effective way for us to slow down the Ravens running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes