PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wrong if I start Derrick Mason in Fantasy since I know Butler will be covering him?

Is it wrong if I start Derrick Mason in Fantasy since I know Butler will be covering him?
I think it would be wrong NOT to start Mason in that situation - though I'm not sure if Butler is going to be on the field all that much on Sunday.

Article on Vince Wilfork from a Maryland newspaper (thanks for the heads up from Ian's Friday headlines links.)

Blocking Wilfork won't be an easy task - Carroll County Times: Local

“Vince is a big, strong guy with quickness,” Ravens guard Chris Chester said. “We’re going to have to be on our game to be successful. The more the merrier is the best way with him. It’s easier for two guys to block him than one-on-one. We’re ready for whatever, but he’s an excellent player because he has that good combination of size and quickness.”

“Wilfork is a great player,” said center Matt Birk, a six-time Pro Bowl selection. “He’s great against the run. He plays really hard. He probably doesn’t get enough credit as a pass rusher. He’s not just big, he’s big and explosive. He’s athletic.

“We’ve got our hands full, that’s for sure.”

“He’s one of the premier run-stoppers, without question,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh. “And the interesting thing, if you watch him, he’s a pretty darn good pass rusher. He’s a power rusher, but he gets on edges and he can finish like a pass rusher.”

“He definitely plays with a mean streak,” Chester said. “You can see that on the film. It jumps out at you, the way he plays the game.

Article on Vince Wilfork from a Maryland newspaper (thanks for the heads up from Ian's Friday headlines links.)

Blocking Wilfork won't be an easy task - Carroll County Times: Local

IMO, the Carroll County Times is a much more objective source of Ravens info than the Baltimore Sun. The "writers" at the Sun couldn't carry Aaron Wilson's notepad. If you do tempt fate and read the Sun, ignore anything written by Mike "where's the donuts" Preston; he missed the class at journalism school where they explained the difference between facts and opinions solely designed to generate page views.

IMO, the Carroll County Times is a much more objective source of Ravens info than the Baltimore Sun. The "writers" at the Sun couldn't carry Aaron Wilson's notepad. If you do tempt fate and read the Sun, ignore anything written by Mike "where's the donuts" Preston; he missed the class at journalism school where they explained the difference between facts and opinions solely designed to generate page views.

FYI: Carroll County is a rural/suburban, politically red county NW of Baltimore which happens to have the Ravens' training camp site (McDaniel College in Westminster MD). I think that is probably how Aaron Wilson has built his rep & contacts w/ the Ravens. His Twitters carry a lot of authority, especially in August. Jamison Hensley is probably the best Ravens beat writer at the Baltimore Sun (a daily newspaper that, like so many, has become a sad shadow of its former self).

Last edited:
I think it would be wrong NOT to start Mason in that situation - though I'm not sure if Butler is going to be on the field all that much on Sunday.

I thought I had missed something about Arrington being hurt when I read his post.

Hence the practice squad.:cool:

I thought I had missed something about Arrington being hurt when I read his post.

Hence the practice squad.:cool:

wheatley is back as well

wheatley is back as well

I saw that. It will be interesting to see if he comes in over Wilhite at some point as the Nickel.

If we pull out a win here that gives us the inside track to the AFC east, since the Jets lost to the Ravens and we get to host them later on. So it's a very big game for us if we win. Ravens are such a tough matchup though.

If we pull out a win here that gives us the inside track to the AFC east, since the Jets lost to the Ravens and we get to host them later on. So it's a very big game for us if we win. Ravens are such a tough matchup though.

Good point about common opponents.

I'll mention that the Jets and Patriots play a nearly identical schedule, so all of their opponents are common, except the following

From the AFC North, the Jets play the Texans and the Pats play the Colts. This pair of games doesn't appear to favor the Jets nearly as much as it did prior to the season, given the Colts' struggles.

From the AFC West, the Jets play the Broncos, and the Pats play the Chargers. Once again, there may not be as much of a disparity here as some Pats fans believed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick