PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens trade WR Anquan Boldin to the Niners

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a matter of being prepared to move on. It's a matter of being one of the last people to know...

For 6 million dollars this year and a chance to play for arguably the best team in the NFC, I'd be more than happy to be the last person to know ;)

Interesting doing business with the team that just beat you in the SB.

49ers will be starting Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham and probably their first round pick WR from last year AJ Jenkins. Oh, and Vernon Davis as their TE.

Wow. Can't wait for the Sea/Niners games next year. Those two now have the most stacked rosters in the league. And they'll both be playing each other probably 3x a year.

Well the Ravens are obviously in rebuild mode and I guess they didn't plan on paying Boldin anyways.

If the 49ers get Revis on top of this they have to be the favorite to win it all next year. They just need to beware of 'dream team syndrome' aka Eagles CHOKE.

Well the Ravens are obviously in rebuild mode and I guess they didn't plan on paying Boldin anyways.

If the 49ers get Revis on top of this they have to be the favorite to win it all next year. They just need to beware of 'dream team syndrome' aka Eagles CHOKE.

I don't know if they're in full rebuilding mode but last year was certainly the last window they'd have to win the SB for another year or 2, that's for sure.

They had a lot of things roll their way this past season in order to win it, kind of like the 2011 Giants, they should be out of the legitimate SB race (still a playoff team, though, AFCN is weak) for a bit.

I also don't know how long the Seahawks and 49ers windows will stay open, their success is coming from a lot of very young potential superstars instead of value players. They won't retain their cores for very long.

That team is so amazingly well run.

Don't mean this as an insult but they remind me of us several years ago....just very well run organization that is getting SCARY good. If they don't win the NFC handily next season would be shocked and have to be the strong odds favorite to win it all. Now the bigger question is why would a team that just won a SB largely BECAUSE of Boldin....trade him away for a SIXTH rounder? A 6th? Where were the Pats on this one??? Anyways.....SF is going to be a beast next year.....

Don't mean this as an insult but they remind me of us several years ago....just very well run organization that is getting SCARY good. If they don't win the NFC handily next season would be shocked and have to be the strong odds favorite to win it all. Now the bigger question is why would a team that just won a SB largely BECAUSE of Boldin....trade him away for a SIXTH rounder? A 6th? Where were the Pats on this one??? Anyways.....SF is going to be a beast next year.....

A previous year Super Bowl loser hasn't won the next years Super Bowl in like 30 years

Now the bigger question is why would a team that just won a SB largely BECAUSE of Boldin....trade him away for a SIXTH rounder? A 6th? Where were the Pats on this one??? Anyways.....SF is going to be a beast next year.....

Do you really think Balt would have traded him to the Pats for the same price?

Really?:confused:

1. He's out of the conference.

2. Balt plays the Pats this year.

Ya there's no way the Ravens would trade him to the Pats. This move is the same as Vrabel being thrown in as part of the Cassel deal where the player wasn't taking a pay cut, the team didn't want him at that hit against the salary cap and at the same time wanted to block him from going to a rival. You really can't cry conspiracy when the Pats have done the same thing.

Do you really think Balt would have traded him to the Pats for the same price?

Really?:confused:

1. He's out of the conference.

2. Balt plays the Pats this year.

Yeah....good point....haven't had the morning coffee yet...and my first reaction was of course....FCK why couldn't we get that guy!!! you are right Ray......my bad!

He's worth more than a 6th round pick. I smell a shady deal. Seems the brothers Harbaugh snuck one by The Dictator (Goodell).

He's worth more than a 6th round pick. I smell a shady deal. Seems the brothers Harbaugh snuck one by The Dictator (Goodell).

No he's not. People are massively overrating him because he had a couple good games.

He's been worthless for years until this past playoffs. He is overpaid. And the Ravens were going to cut him anyways and had zero leverage. I just read a report that the Seahawks had offered a 7th for him.

This helps us a bit. So Balti has so far lost Ray Lewis and Boldin. Wouldn't be suprised if they lose Ellerbe, Kruger, Reed, Cary Williams as well. The only AFC playoff team that could really get better aside from us is Cincinatti and I'm not too worried about them.

This obviously makes the 9ers stronger but as good as they are I don't see them in the SB next year. This league has proven it's very difficult to get back after one SB appearance and Kap could always have that sophomore slump. I believe their defense was exposed over the course of the 2nd half last year. People complained about their D in the SB but if you look at how they performed before that, the struggles go back alot further. Given Seattle's resurgence and addition of Harvin SF may not even win that division.

So Goodell has the right to turn down deals based on the fact that he doesn't agree with the trade compensation between the two parties now?

If so, he'll surely turn down all of the 31 other prospects who will be gladly offering their 2nd round pick for Ryan Mallett.

As pointed out, Minnesota offered a 7th rounder, so that's at least 3 teams who felt that his compensation was pretty equal.

A second for Mallett ???

One can hope ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes