PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ras-I Dowling released

2) 3TDs does not equal 4 picks no matter how many were thrown right at him. As I mentioned before, 4 picks translates to about 8 TDs, ergo it isn't equal value.

If that was correct, DeAngelo Hall would be a top-10 player in the NFL.

Not all picks are equal, it isn't the same anticipating the QB's intentions and making a good defensive play than being out of position and catching a ball deflected by a player in a better position than you, or dropped by the WR.

Dowling suffered a pretty severe hip injury from what I understand, and although we'll all agree that is a shame, it's also part of the hit/miss process of the draft.

It's easy to want to put the blame on Belichick for reportedly ignoring the scouts, but he's also made some very good decisions in terms of player personnel and managing the team. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for bringing us winning football for a very long time now.

Some positions and rounds we've had a good run with--others not so much. It's just the nature of the exercise.

I'm sorry that Dowling didn't make it. BB just had enough. But for all those salivating over it, I offer the consequences.

Marquis Cole was getting barbecued all night by the Giants. He is a good ST, but should never see the field otherwise. I actually think the Pats should play 10 on 11. That way we don't have to pretend that Marquis is covering anybody.

So after Dowling only missed significant time in his senior season of college (after playing 35 games his first three), Belichick was supposed to predict that he would be hurt for basically his entire NFL career?

LOL. And even after the scouts were right about all the red flags about him, you still defend that pick?

Rock on breh.:rocker:

I only have two words to say about the end of the Glas-IR error:

Brooks...Reed.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes