PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Josh McDaniels new contract is for 5 years (with one year as high as $4m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Rapoport: Josh McDaniels new contract is for 5 years (with one year as high as $4m)

Makes even more sense why he decided to stay

Josh McDaniels 5 year contract? (near $4MIL per season)

According to Ian R. just now on NFL Network. Supposedly very rare for a coordinator to get that kind of security, and the money is like a first time HC pay.

I actually think this means Belichick is staying longer than a lot of people speculate.

Hes the head coach in waiting.
I think we can take his name off head coach search jobs.
Rightfully so
I think this means Belichick is here maybe 2 more years.
However I suspect if the defense rises to the occasion Flores is out next year.

Good news for the Patriots.
That presumably puts him in the role post-Brady, and potentially post-Belichick.
That length clearly positions him as the most obvious candidate to succeed Belichick.
Given his recent decision to return to the Patriots after accepting another head coaching role, he is less likely to be considered for other posts in the near-term. Especially with this contract.

Do head coach/coordinator salaries come out of any dedicated cap, or can teams pay whatever necessary?

No coach caps. They can pay as much as they want.

It’s beyond amazing that we are living in a world where an assistant HC can make 20M$...

It’ll be interesting to watch the aging, yet still great BB & TB the next few years.

5 years. From who else have we heard 5 years from? That length can’t be a coincidence.

It’s beyond amazing that we are living in a world where an assistant HC can make 20M$...

It’ll be interesting to watch the aging, yet still great BB & TB the next few years.

"At one point his contract eclipses $4 million per year"

It's not clear how much he's making in total over 5 years.

Just in time for the game thread to moan about that we ran to many run plays in 2/3 long situations with 30 seconds to go in the half

Hes the head coach in waiting.
I think we can take his name off head coach search jobs.
Rightfully so
I think this means Belichick is here maybe 2 more years.
However I suspect if the defense rises to the occasion Flores is out next year.
I agree. I think BB retires in two years because I think Brady retires as well. But Brady could be sooner if he wins the Super Bowl this year.

I love McDaniels with Belichick and Brady, not sure i want any part of him without those 2 around.

I agree. I think BB retires in two years because I think Brady retires as well. But Brady could be sooner if he wins the Super Bowl this year.
I think Brady means it about, 41,42,43,44 and 45.

I think the McDaniels contract is interesting in what it means about Belichick. I actually think it makes it more likely Belichick is staying a bit longer. So much of the speculation was McDaniels staying might mean this is Belichick's last year. I think this contract makes that unlikely. Josh taking over this team at age 45, 46 is very reasonable, plus his family situation and pay here is excellent.

I love McDaniels with Belichick and Brady, not sure i want any part of him without those 2 around.

Agreed. McDaniels as offensive coordinator with Brady = awesome. McDaniels as the head coach without a QB as good as Brady = not so sure about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes