PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rank Your Top Five Patriots through Six Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through six weeks, what five Patriots have been playing the best (and in what order)?

Here's my list.......

1.) Wes Welker
2.) Chandler Jones
3.) Stevan Ridley
4.) Brandon Spikes
5.) Tom Brady

My list would look almost identical.

I would put Spikes ahead of Ridley though. Ridley hasn't gotten anything done in our 2 losses against stout defenses (Ravens and Seahawks). Top players need to show up big against top competition.

zero rings

Looking at the title of this thread, I would say it's hard to win rings in the first six games of the season!

I think that everyone has zero, unless you count Rex Ryan's doughnuts, or if that Seattle defensive back made himself one this week, after winning the week six NFL championship.

wow?!?! 53 yards is truly amazing....it's too bad he couldn't get into endzone.

I'm judging welker like people do the other BEST* wide receivers in the league.

If larry, andre, and calvin did the same people would crush them. Welker would be useless If the patriots were down 7 with 1:50 to go........Like the superbowl proved.

Welker has only 2 receiving touchdowns....hernandez in 2 and half games equals him.

Not trying to get in the middle, just pointing something out.

Of the three guys you use in comparison, here are there touchdown totals through six weeks.......

Fitzgerald 3
Andre 2
Calvin 1 *yes, he has already had his bye week

Rating Welker ahead of Brady is nuts as Welker catches ZERO passes w/o Brady throwing to him. Yes he runs routes well but its not like he is battling defenders via jump balls for those completions. These are precise and accurate throws.

Wilfork is by far the best defensive player, Jones is coming on and gets the sexy sacks but Wilfork crushes the run game and helps Jones get those sacks.

1. Wes Welker
2. Brandon Spikes
3. Chandler Jones
4. Big Vince
5. Stevan Ridley/Brandon Bolden

Honorable mention: Sebastian Vollmer

1. Wes Welker
2. Brandon Spikes
3. Chandler Jones
4. Big Vince
5. Stevan Ridley/Brandon Bolden

Honorable mention: Sebastian Vollmer

Agree completely with 1-5
Change HM to Wendell.

1-Brady
2-Jones
3-Welker
4-Ridley
5-Interior OL as a whole

And the guys putting Spikes...

I respect you, but knowing a bit of football you know that Spikes is one of our main problems of defense( cant cover, simply as that)

Don't let the highlights confuse you.

Welker, Llyod, Mayo, Brady, ... hmmm probably Gronk

Hon Mention is Mankins. Loved it when he headbutted that dude on the Ravens.

1) Chandler Jones
2) Brandon Spikes
3) Donte Hightower
4) Big Vince
5)Brandon Lloyd
5) Tie....Wes Welkah!!!!

Last edited:
Not trying to get in the middle, just pointing something out.

Of the three guys you use in comparison, here are there touchdown totals through six weeks.......

Fitzgerald 3
Andre 2
Calvin 1 *yes, he has already had his bye week

good point.....Except for the fact those 3 receivers get double and triple teamed all season and usually against the teams best corner back.

Welker on the other hand gets single coverage and faces the teams second best corner back most of the time.

1.Vince--Heart of this team now IMO. The way he played during what should have been 2 game-sealing defensive stands vs. SEA gave me goosebumps.

2.Welker--still basically can't be defended. His ability to make big YAC seems to be dropping off a bit as the big hits start to add up.

3.Spikes--The Intimidator. Has come up with more big plays than anyone this year.

4. Brady--overall, solid as ever. Still the best field general in the game. Needs to stand taller in the pocket and run for a 1st down if need be with the game on the line.

5. The O-Line--impressed by how clean they have kept Brady most of the time, AND shown the ability to road grade in the running game. Consistency not there yet.

Hon. mention: Mayo--tackling machine who is rarely noticed. Missed a big one Sunday though.

1. Welker
2. Jones
3. Wilfork
4. The OL minus the Cardinals debacle
5. Brady (I'd like to see him actually do something in the clutch though)

Honorable mention: Spikes. Big plays but can't cover for ****, although that's not really his job.

1 Brady
2 Welker
3 Wilfork
4 Jones
5 Spikes
6 Ridley

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes