PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No question that he is younger and quicker, but Faulk was still so clutch for us earlier in the season. Or have you forgotten the catches he made? I would love to see both Faulk and Woodhead in the backfield right now on third downs. Talk about a team that would be unstoppable on third and short. :eek:

lol Faulk on the Right, Woodhead on the left. Who needs a receiving core, just have them block for Faulk or Woodhead. Double screen. hahaha

No question that he is younger and quicker, but Faulk was still so clutch for us earlier in the season. Or have you forgotten the catches he made? I would love to see both Faulk and Woodhead in the backfield right now on third downs. Talk about a team that would be unstoppable on third and short. :eek:

wow.... just wow:confused:

I am crazy........ If Faulk did not get injured Woodhead would still be a diamond in the rough. I doubt he would be a patriot..... there is no way we would hold 2 roster spots for 2 Faulks.... (that ain't happeng):eek:

I am 23....... Kindergarten starts early for me:eek:

I loved Randy, but this Win was great and shows that we are more than just Brady to Moss

wow.... just wow:confused:

I am crazy........ If Faulk did not get injured Woodhead would still be a diamond in the rough. I doubt he would be a patriot..... there is no way we would hold 2 roster spots for 2 Faulks.... (that ain't happeng):eek:

I am 23....... Kindergarten starts early for me:eek:

You're right there's no way, except they already did hold two roster spots. Woodhead was signed before Faulk was even injured.

You're right there's no way, except they already did hold two roster spots. Woodhead was signed before Faulk was even injured.

Wow a new guy bringing facts...who'd a thunk it! :D

Welcome aboard!

Per Reiss

Tate’s impact between the numbers
NEXT-LEVEL: Patriots quarterback Tom Brady didn’t have the success throwing inside the numbers he had enjoyed in his first four games. While the absence of Randy Moss will likely be blamed for Brady’s struggle; however, when Brandon Tate lined up outside the numbers, Brady had his usual level of success. Tate’s presence had the same effect Moss’ did, opening up the middle of the field for the rest of Brady’s receivers, but the Patriots just didn’t use him as often.

Code:
Tom Brady Passing Inside The Numbers
            With Tate Outside Numbers       No Tate
Comp-Att    4-7<<                           8-15
Yards/att   9.3                             6.1
1st Downs   3                               3
Att per FD  2.3                             5.0
>>One incompletion was Hail Mary interception to end 4th quarter

Food for thought about the "demanding over the top coverage" thing.

Last edited:
I'm really interested to see how Tate evolves as a reciever. A lot of people here thought he looked better than Nicks at NC. I really want to see the kid have a breakout game and become an actual deep threat.

Did anybody get this thought that if Moss was in this game, we might not have shown that mental toughness to win this game in the way we did?
The way I see Moss, when the going gets tough, he checks out and it becomes 10 against 11.
Brady would have tried to throw it Moss deep but by then he would have checked out accepting defeat by the fouth quarter.
I loved Randy, but he was not a player you take to war. He is the guy you take parties and fanfares.
Welker made a statement today and it was not for nothing. He said this game was 11 vs 11 and that is why they won.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back