PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss this Moss that Moss this Moss that
Moss this Moss that [ARE YOU GONNA COME OUT TO PLAY MOSS] this Moss that Moss this Moss that
Moss this Moss that Moss this Moss that

As much as we all loved those incredible plays from 2007, Randy Moss is gone - and he's not coming back ...

That being said, I couldn't decide on which of these two was more appropriate:

3stooges_face_palm.jpg

or:

oh-lord-please-make-it-stop-sad-hill-news.jpg

I don't think you are going to get many positive responses here in regards to Moss' potential return, especially with a changed offensive philosophy.

It would obviously depend on 'what' version of Moss we'd get. The '07 version (many of your youtube highlights) appears to be long gone, and the '10 version appears to be more likely. I do not find it coincidental that Brady's INT total went dramatically down after the release of Randy, and I hope that forcing the ball to #85 does not become the recent version of the issue now.

That said, Randy does play better when he has something to prove, and it would not shock me to see him play better than last yr. A viable version of the current Moss may be somewhere closer to the '09 version, which still had its problems with lack of blocking and overall effort. Combine that with a change of the offense from last yr, and I don't see much of a need for him.

The NEP do seem to have him in their back pocket if needed, so the only way I'd even expect any talk of Moss would be a substantial injury to a current important WR, or the downright failure of Ochocinco. Even then, Moss would not be much more than a decoy, which certainly does not suit to his specific tastes. After a few games, we'd likely see the same old Moss that takes many plays off, doesn't want to block, and even possibly tips off the defense with his body language. When the ball is thrown to him, it seemed as though he didn't have much overall effort in going up and battling anymore. How many times did we all curse him for not even trying to keep the defender from intercepting a pass due to his non-chalant manner of route running and jump ball effort?

I seriously would love to know a lot more behind the scenes info on the perceived "interest" that they had in Moss' return this yr, but sadly we will never know. I question those reports wholeheartedly, but I suppose anything's possible.

Last edited:
when he lost the respect of brady, he lost his chance to be a pat... its over... he blew it , plus he showed nothing last year ....move on...

When you look at what we currently have on the outside, it really you makes you wonder. If Randy is in shape, which we hear that he is and his attitude is right, why not? He already knows the offense. It would have to come with stipulations obviously that he do more for the team and at this point in his career why wouldn't he? There's no other contract to play for, this is it. The dude wants a ring, I think he would change his ways for that.

It's funny, Chris Carter had that famous rant about Deion "disappearing" during games for long stretches of time. His rant would be ridiculed and played on the whiner line. You know at this point, it doesn't look like Chris is as stupid as we thought he was.

Last edited:
It's funny, Chris Carter had that famous rant about Deion "disappearing" during games for long stretches of time. His rant would be ridiculed and played on the whiner line. You know at this point, it doesn't look like Chris is as stupid as we thought he was.

If we are talking about Deion Branch, I think we can agree that this is a guy that definitely goes missing at the worst possible times.

Superbowls.

That type of thing.

If we are talking about Deion Branch, I think we can agree that this is a guy that definitely goes missing at the worst possible times.

Superbowls.

That type of thing.

Agreed, Deion Branch was nowhere to be seen in SB 42. It was apalling.

Ian should see if vBulletin has an app that automatically installs any thread with the words Randy or moss in the Practice Squad Forum...

Superbowls.

That type of thing.

LOL, let's take the time machine back 8 years. Great stuff !

Ian should see if vBulletin has an app that automatically installs any thread with the words Randy or moss in the Practice Squad Forum...

If he did that, then it would rob us of some good heated discussions about Randy Jackson of American Idol fame and Kate Moss. How can you have a Patriots message board without Randy Jackson or Kate Moss talk?!?

Dog, you know those two probably have a better chance of playing for the Pats in 2011 than Randy Moss.

Last edited:
LOL, let's take the time machine back 8 years. Great stuff !

4 years, 8 years, what's the difference when it comes to time machines...

Brady wouldn't have gotten any balls to Randy the other night, either...and let's face it, that's what this latest revisionist daydream is all about.

A rolling stone gathers no Moss.

No one here wants Moss back

(unless he comes back, does well, then suddenly everyone will SWEAR they've always wanted him to come back)

No one here wants Moss back

(unless he comes back, does well, then suddenly everyone will SWEAR they've always wanted him to come back)

I never ever ever wanted randy moss on this team before I absolutely wanted him on this team :D

I do not find it coincidental that Brady's INT total went dramatically down after the release of Randy

I agree with your sentiment, I just think it's funny that his INT total went "dramatically down" when he threw TWO in four games with Randy (both against the Jets) and two more over the remaining twelve games. Yes, it's a decrease in rate, but his pace with Randy would have left him with 8 total on the season, which was his career low before last year.

I feel like the return of Logan Mankins made a bigger impact on Brady's production than Randy leaving, even though I still agree that it was time for Randy to go.

Anyone else secretly hope he's not really retired?

Randy Moss Untouchable - YouTube

Yep....part of me hopes that he and BB have a secret deal....and he just doesn't want to deal with training camp. I think he still has alot to contribute here again....maybe just wishful.thinking and maybe he doesn't have that much left in the tank....

You definitely do not want Ochocinco and Randy Moss in the same locker room. The Pats chose Ochocinco, so the Moss era with the team is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back