PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No Moss, no Moss" - Roberto Duran

Yeah, the last time I heard that Moss was in freakishly good shape and playing with a chip on his shoulder was last preseason. How did that work out? All we heard during the preseason was that Moss was catching everything and playing like he was playing for a contract and was going to have a monster year. He was horrible last year.

Sorry, but if Moss couldn't cut it in a contract year, he is likely done. I seriously doubt he will be a comeback player candidate.

With the free agency market fairly deep at WR (Santonio Holmes, Steve Smith Giants, Malcom Floyd, Sidney Rice, Braylon Edwards, Plaxico Burress, Santana Moss, Mike Sims-Walker, James Jones, Steve Breaston, TJ Houshmandzadeh), I don't see the Pats going back to Moss when they can get a better option.

This is basically my opinion. We heard this identical story last year and all expected 2007 from him.

Coming back to New England isn't going to give Randy Moss the satisfaction he wants. IF he came back here, he'd be fighting for receptions from four guys: Branch, Welker, A. Hernandez and Gronkowski. Sure, Moss would have a role carved out for him and the team would benefit from having a player LIKE him on the (i.e. a deep threat, with great hands), but is that what Moss WANTS? To be down on the list of offensive threats or with a team where he can be the first or second option?

When he left NE, Moss desperately wanted to be loved, appreciated and to be useful. After he left NE, I think Moss desperately wanted to win. If he maintains that desire, he would be useful probably to any non-dysfunctional team. Unfortunately his self worth will increase as well on such a team which will then make him feel underappreciated, etc. and the cycle repeats.

A singular talent in the NFL when he is on his game... but boy it seems tough for him to stay focused on it.

I miss moss. :(

When he left NE, Moss desperately wanted to be loved, appreciated and to be useful. After he left NE, I think Moss desperately wanted to win.
If he desperately wanted to win, then why did he do nothing to help his teams?
Here is a nice stat for you.
After leaving the Pats from week 5 through the end of the season, Randy Moss ranked 162nd in the NFL in receptions. 5 guys per team equals 160. In other words the 5th options on NFL teams typically were more productive than Randy Moss. In a word, he sucked.
Based upon yards he ranked 140th.

If he maintains that desire, he would be useful probably to any non-dysfunctional team.
If he maintains the desire he showed in 2010 he will be sitting on the bench, or at home.

Unfortunately his self worth will increase as well on such a team which will then make him feel underappreciated, etc. and the cycle repeats.

A singular talent in the NFL when he is on his game... but boy it seems tough for him to stay focused on it.

I miss moss. :(
You miss the Moss we saw in 2007. You are blind to the fact that guy no longer exists. The skill is no longer there. (Or the attitude is so bad, he just doenst want to use it. Same result really)

I wouldnt put Moss in the top 25 WRs at this point.

The FORMER all pro and future HOF simply stinks anymore....washed up,faded and worn out.

Just the thought that we are even continuing to have this conversation shows me enough that there really is no debate.

The bottom line with Randy Moss is that he is too damn inconsistent.

We continue to go back/forth on whether or not he can still produce, or IF he will still produce...whether or not he has the potential to still be worth his headcase antics...whether or not he can still go up and get the ball etc???

Again, all we know at this point is that he is a major gamble, and that he has proved to all of the world that he is a wildcard that we cannot predict.

He may end up producing on some level, or he may show us something closer to 2010 form--but there's no chance that Bill Belichick is dumb enough to take a chance on him. It's time to move on..

What's the old saying, fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice... I don't think Bill is inclined to test it.

Exactly my thoughts too.

Anyone who thinks Bill will consider Moss again is delusional.

Exactly my thoughts too.

Anyone who thinks Bill will consider Moss again is delusional.

Unless its SANTANA

I like him and he would fit well here IMO

If the price is right (ie no bonus and little base) then what is there to lose?

If Moss flourishes .... huge dividends.
If Moss causes trouble or isn't worth it .... cut him.

If the price is right (ie no bonus and little base) then what is there to lose? If Moss flourishes .... huge dividends. If Moss causes trouble or isn't worth it .... cut him.

FOCUS...in a pre season and likely early season that will be difficult enough to navigate for another reason...

Brett Farve has the desire to play, but his body doesn't. Same thing applies to Moss.

Brett Farve has the desire to play, but his body doesn't. Same thing applies to Moss.

Opposite. Randy Moss has no desire to play, he feels obligated because of the physical shape he is in.

Opposite. Randy Moss has no desire to play, he feels obligated because of the physical shape he is in.

Lou Ferrigno is in great physical shape as well at his age but don't expect him to be doing anymore Incredible Hulk movies :rolleyes:

Being in shape AND being relevant as a player are TWO different things totally.

Moss was irrelevant in 2010 and no one other than himself thinks he can suddenly reverse his career in his mid 30s.. likely that no teams are going to be knocking on his door.

Last edited:
FOCUS...in a pre season and likely early season that will be difficult enough to navigate for another reason...
Focus for who? Moss? Brady? BB? the team?

In any case if Moss is a distraction then you simply cut him as I previously said.

Focus for who? Moss? Brady? BB? the team?

In any case if Moss is a distraction then you simply cut him as I previously said.

Has he magically developed the ability to separate since last year? What about blocking or route running?

NO THANKS!

can you just picture it now? Moss signs a 1 year deal here, has a huge year and everyone swears that they are the ones who SWORE the pats should sign moss and give him a chance.

Has he magically developed the ability to separate since last year? What about blocking or route running?

NO THANKS!
With all due respect, besides casually watching Moss the odd game on TV how would you know what he can or can't do present day?

In any case, if Moss is actually deficient in either of these areas and is deemed expendable as a result, then the Pats simply cut him. No harm, no foul.

If, however, he's capable and helpful, we get a steal.

Last edited:
I wouldnt put Moss in the top 25 WRs at this point.

The FORMER all pro and future HOF simply stinks anymore....washed up,faded and worn out.
Last season he wasn't in the top 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft