PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss unretired (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, this will hurt the arguments of all the people who say Moss is a cancer.

Kind of the reason I like him so much, people say he quits or is a dog-faker when really, they have no idea one way or another. (talking about fans)

Read the article. Its not exactly an endorsement. Wasn't a dlck is a backhanded complement, dogged it in practice and in games is the real point to take from it.
If your idea of a WR we want is someone who caught 6 passes in 8 games, dogged it in practice and didn't try in games, but wasn't a bad guy in the lockerroom despite his reputation, I don't know what you are thinking.

And the article says he quits in practice and games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing concrete honestly, but there usually isn't when it comes to patriot rumors. People thought we had interest in ocho prior but they were rumors until it happened. Andy Reid is a lot like BB in that regard as well, he hates talking to the media.

I just believe where there is smoke there is fire. When moss left initially it wasn't because of the pats not wanting him it was because he was giving signs that he was going to implode with the contract thing and the obvious issues with BOB.

OK, then please stop saying the Pats offered him a contract and say you heard a rumor they might have.
And I disagree, they got rid of Moss because he was done, and he went on to prove that.
How did 6 receptions in 8 games in Tenn leave anyone doubting he was done?

Didn't read the whole thread, but saw too many "sign moss and branch posts". I love both of them too, but Welker is the only WR who produced last season and Moss is a year out of football after his worst season ever.

We need Welker and at least one WR who teams actually respect. Moss and Branch simply don't command respect anymore, injuries and/or age have caught up. Too many underneath weapons, as has been stated and proven many times, if you get pressure with 3 or 4 you can clog the middle and neutralize almost all of our weapons currently.

Why would you think that when 2 years ago he was so bad we gave him away and after that he did nothing for 12 games then sat out a season?
Is it just manlove for Randy, or are you just a believer that time moves backward?

accept it man, he is coming back. Just support the team I guess if you cant stand him that much.

Last edited:
Moss, Welker, and Brady = nothing but losers together. Hey, maybe they can get Reggie Wayne too. The Patriots WR core would be a dream come true for an AARP commercial.

Last edited:
accept it man, he is coming back. Just support the team I guess if you cant stand him that much.

So are you going to support the 49ers if Moss goes there? Or the Jets? It is far from a definite he comes back to the Pats. In fact, it isn't even likely.

I think if the Pats wanted him back, he would have played for the Pats in 2011. All indications except for an unsubstantiated rumor that the Pats offered him an one year deal.

Last edited:

He is not coming back. If BB wanted him, he wouldn't have sent him packing 2 years ago.
Not sure what your fixation with Moss is and not quite sure why you think someone who can admit the truth that Moss is over the hill can't stand him.

He is not coming back. If BB wanted him, he wouldn't have sent him packing 2 years ago.
Not sure what your fixation with Moss is and not quite sure why you think someone who can admit the truth that Moss is over the hill can't stand him.

There were other problems two years back. Brady didn't seem to check down past Moss or Welker most of the time. It was better for the offense that he went when he did and then they got to see how good the others were. Then Brady started moving the ball around more. All this offense needs imo from a receiver standpoint is a deep threat. If Moss has the speed he claims he has then he is perfect on a vet minimum or close to it and because of his great hands.

There may well be better options out there but at the right price he is well worth it. He is proven in McD's offense as well.

Last edited:

Quoting this in case moss comes back..because there are only about 3-4 teams he could end up with..1 being the pats

Quoting this in case moss comes back..because there are only about 3-4 teams he could end up with..1 being the pats

Why would we bring back Moss? Why would we want to bring back Moss?

Moss, Welker, and Brady = nothing but losers together.

Yeah, a 28-8 record and Super Bowl appearance during their two seasons together makes them nothing but "losers".

Oh no, this will hurt the arguments of all the people who say Moss is a cancer.

Kind of the reason I like him so much, people say he quits or is a dog-faker when really, they have no idea one way or another. (talking about fans)

Oddly these coaches say the same thing... When the going gets tough, Randy checks out. And he's a ton of fun but he doesn't practice hard all the time... And if he's not a focus he loses interest...

Talk about damning with faint praise. And his cheerleaders think that's a ringing endorsement...LOL

Bill has spent two seasons reinfusing mental toughness into this team. There is no room for a 35 year old diva who checks out when things don't go his way. This team is predicated on unselfishly battling through adversity and doing whatever it takes to help your team win even when things aren't going well for you personally. And no matter how fast he can run, that's the one thing Randy has never been able to do.

Oddly these coaches say the same thing... When the going gets tough, Randy checks out. And he's a ton of fun but he doesn't practice hard all the time... And if he's not a focus he loses interest...

Talk about damning with faint praise. And his cheerleaders think that's a ringing endorsement...LOL

Bill has spent two seasons reinfusing mental toughness into this team. There is no room for a 35 year old diva who checks out when things don't go his way. This team is predicated on unselfishly battling through adversity and doing whatever it takes to help your team win even when things aren't going well for you personally. And no matter how fast he can run, that's the one thing Randy has never been able to do.
What coaches? Links to where its written?

There were other problems two years back. Brady didn't seem to check down past Moss or Welker most of the time.
That is untrue

It was better for the offense that he went when he did and then they got to see how good the others were.
You don't cut a good player to see how the other guys do, thats silly.

Then Brady started moving the ball around more.
Also untrue. What changed was he wasn't throwing to Moss who had proven he either lost a large chunk of skill or just wasn't trying. What followed proved it was the former.

All this offense needs imo from a receiver standpoint is a deep threat. If Moss has the speed he claims he has then he is perfect on a vet minimum or close to it and because of his great hands.
Moss was no longer effective in 2010, he won't be in 2012.

There may well be better options out there but at the right price he is well worth it. He is proven in McD's offense as well.
So should we sign Earl Campbell? He has proven to be a great RB. Its not far from the same thing.

What coaches? Links to where its written?

Read the article. It is way more negative than positive unless all you are trying to prove is that he is a nice guy who can't play.

Precisely
Did these Moss fanboys here pay ANY attention to what BB has been doing since his conversation with Brady in 2009 about the team not being mentally tough? BB has a young group that lacked the vets like Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabes that kept the attitude ship steering straight. Wny bring back a high maintenance diva whose behavior when things aren't going well for HIM will cause impressionable young minds like this year's draft class to question the culture?

I believe that it was Brady who finally just timed out on Moss. Once that happened and Brady looked everywhere else except at Randy for the ball, BB realized that the mental and time effort spent by the coaching staff and the QB was rapidly diminishing returns and very quickly moved on before the trade deadline.

Last edited:
Precisely
Did these Moss fanboys here pay ANY attention to what BB has been doing since his conversation with Brady in 2009 about the team not being mentally tough? BB has a young group that lacked the vets like Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabes that kept the attitude ship steering straight. Wny bring back a high maintenance diva whose behavior when things aren't going well for HIM will cause impressionable young minds like this year's draft class to question the culture?

I believe that it was Brady who finally just timed out on Moss. Once that happened and Brady looked everywhere else except at Randy for the ball, BB realized that the mental and time effort spent by the coaching staff and the QB was rapidly diminishing returns and very quickly moved on before the trade deadline.
It was crystal clear that Brady moved off of Moss after the 1st Jet game in 2010.
Moss was single covered by Cromartie, and Brady should have thrown for 400 yards and put up 30+ points that day if Moss made the plays Moss was able to make before that.
Everyone, including me, initially felt Brady played poorly in that game, but when I studied the film it was brutally obvious that Moss either didn't try or his skills had heavily eroded. Brady stopped believing in Moss immediately and it showed in the ensuing couple of games. Then Moss was cut loose, and it was still unclear to me whether it was wouldn't or couldn't. He went on to prove it was couldn't in Minn and Tenn.

Kind of like Branch a rew years ago? Werid.

So are you going to support the 49ers if Moss goes there? Or the Jets? It is far from a definite he comes back to the Pats. In fact, it isn't even likely.

I think if the Pats wanted him back, he would have played for the Pats in 2011. All indications except for an unsubstantiated rumor that the Pats offered him an one year deal.

Nope, I'm a pats fan. I just think people are silly when they say something has no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST