PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random Observations from Pats vs Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
- Some people said the Chargers lost because they shot themselves in the foot. I disagree. Our defense made a lot of big plays. Wilfork made a great play on that INT. Arringtons wasnt exactly a "gimme" either. The goal line stand was all thanks to the Pats D. Mayo and Anderson forced fumbles. They're called "FORCED fumbles" for a reason. It's not like the Bolts players just handed the ball to them.

- Brady was visibly shook after that scare with his plant leg. And rightfully so after what he's been through. We weren't clicking on offense for a couple drives after that happened. But Brady quickly bounced back. It was clearly a DIRTY hit. He wasnt blocked into Brady or anything, he flat out dove for his leg. It couldve been a season, or maybe even career ending injury. Garay deserves a massive fine and suspension as well.

- Our Run game is so underused since we have such a good QB. I think we could have one of the best rushing teams with Mankins, Water, Gronkowski, and Vollmer. All very good run blockers. BJGE is the epitome of a solid RB since he always falls forward and never fumbles. Woodhead is a natural. I noticed Ridley got a couple touches yesterday too. It was our rushing that eventually closed out the game by eating up clock and BJGE scoring. I wish we would pound the rock more to save Bradys arm for the postseason and keep him fresh. He threw over 40 times in both games so far.

- Deion Branch is playing as good as ever. He's similar to Welker in so many ways. Short, more quick than fast, good hands, run blocks, good YAC ability.

- The Refs ruined the game for me yesterday. Overall bad calls on both sides. It felt like they controlled the flow of the game way too much. One of those holding calls on Bodden was ridiculous on the refs part. It shouldnt have been called. It's no wonder teams are putting up record numbers on offense now. WR's can't be touched, get away with murder when it comes to pushing off, and can barely even be hit anymore.

The Roughing the Passer call on Andre Carter is another mind baffling one. He had damn near textbook tackling form and was nowhere near Rivers head. He didnt spike him into the ground either, he simply finished the tackle.

- Barrett is invisible out there. This might be a huge problem if there are no personnel moves made before the trade deadline.

- Tons of injuries on both side of the ball. Thankfully, I don't think we had any season enders. Hernandez will be back soon. Ive had a sprained MCL before and it feels terrible for the first week, but it also heals very fast. Of all our injuries, the Dowling one might be the worst one.

- Dane Fletcher is a good wrap up tackler. Players rarely get extra yards after he makes contact.

- Bob Sanders had another blatant helmet to helmet on Gronkowski that wasn't called. That's 2 in 1 game. Can't wait to see what kind of fines are given out.

- Ellis, Ninkovich, and Carter, are simply not getting enough pressure. Time to give Anderson some more opportunities? I also noticed we barely blitzed or ran any stunts.

Last edited:
Ohyah..... Anyone notice the injuries slowly down the game when we did No Huddle offense again?

The Phillips one may have been legit, but the Garay one wasnt. He was back in a couple plays later.

The league needs to do something about this crap. They're essentially giving free time outs and all a player needs to do is roll around for a few seconds and pretend to be hurt.

Ohyah..... Anyone notice the injuries slowly down the game when we did No Huddle offense again?

The Phillips one may have been legit, but the Garay one wasnt. He was back in a couple plays later.

The league needs to do something about this crap. They're essentially giving free time outs and all a player needs to do is roll around for a few seconds and pretend to be hurt.

Maybe you can call it karma for Willie McGinest. :p

Last edited:
Maybe you can call it karma for Willie McGinest. :p

If I were on the coaching staff, I'd go No Huddle much more to expose this loophole in the playbook and FORCE the league to take a look at it.

Last edited:
Bodden got some bad calls yesterday. The thing that irritates the heck out of me is when I watch Revis he never gets called for grabbibg and clutching well after 5 yards. He was all over the cowboys wr's clutching and grabbing jerseys all game long and wasn't called once for it.

Bodden got some bad calls yesterday. The thing that irritates the heck out of me is when I watch Revis he never gets called for grabbibg and clutching well after 5 yards. He was all over the cowboys wr's clutching and grabbing jerseys all game long and wasn't called once for it.

There was one on Bodden where he had a fingernail on the other player about 6-7 yards from the LOS and they called him for it.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes