PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R. Woods released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
RaShaun Woods got released by Chargers..currently healing a hammy but he played for 49ers ..was a first rounder..6"2 . was supposed to be good but might be a bust thus far. anyone think we take a shot at him?

Last edited:
Re: Woods released

Remix 6 said:
RaShaun Woods got released by Chargers..currently healing a hammy but he played for 49ers ..was a first rounder..6"2 . was supposed to be good but might be a bust thus far. anyone think we take a shot at him?

The title is misleading. Please change it. (Pierre Woods, Pats' OLB...)

He's been a massive bust, but he's got more talent than the back end of our WR depth chart.

I'd sign him for a minimum deal and expect Andre Davis type numbers from him. That's about it.

I think he only has 85 speed, according to Madden NFL 2006 so I wouldn't sign him. Just kidding, might as well who else do the Pats have?

THEARCHIVES said:
I think he only has 85 speed, according to Madden NFL 2006 so I wouldn't sign him. Just kidding, might as well who else do the Pats have?
Bam CHildress and John Stone, two young players who can get better. Woods has gone downhill since coming into the league.

That said, nothing wrong with bringing him in for a no-signing-bonus contract and see what shakes in training camp.

Worst that could happen is that he gets cut like David Terrell.

Last edited:
most likely can get him for cheap..release him if hes not any good. i mean i think hes better than Shelton..Davis and whoever else.

LMAO. this is the guy I wanted when we drafted that Ben Watson guy instead :eek:

The chargers released him pretty quick.. Didn't they change 1st round busts.. I don't know.. But since we have a WR corp on the mend, I have no problem picking him up.. Then again something might be around the corner with this guy.. He got dumped fast!

he didnt practice a few times b.c a hammy..thats whati f anything and they dont wanna wait

pats1 said:
The title is misleading. Please change it. (Pierre Woods, Pats' OLB...)
That's what I thought, too. Hope this doesn't spawn a flood of stupid threads. "Harrison practices" (Marvin) "Brady seen with college-age girl" (Quinn) "Faulk out for season!" (Marshall)

Hok said:
He's been a massive bust, but he's got more talent than the back end of our WR depth chart.

Heck, yes, bring him in (if...the Price is Right).
If Woods signs tonight, he will be, at worst, our #5-6 WR tomorrow.

I'd be intrigued but he was traded for another high pick bust then released - seems like it would be similar to other teams' fans getting excited if Bethel were released.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't hurt to take a look at him.

Attachments

• Brady shaking ....jpg
    Brady shaking ....jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 219
I liked him a lot coming out of college, he's been hurt unfortunately, and likely misused by the 9ers (hated that they drafted him). I'd definitely take a look.

You never know what you might be getting because of this bizarre battle between GM Smith and Schottenheimer. Maybe a diamond in the rough. Woods was Smiths first pick as GM. As far as I can tell the coach and GM hate each other.(remember the rumours they were releasing Donnie Edwards because of the battle between the two).This might be a spite cut. What the hell take a shot.

hughthehand said:
Crowpointer said:
Woods was Smiths first pick as GM. QUOTE]
Woods was drafted by the 49ers.

I read this article too quickly . My bad.
Woods was acquired from the 49ers in the offseason for disappointing cornerback Sammy Davis.

During the 2003 draft, his first as GM, Smith passed on future Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu and traded down with Philadelphia, getting Davis with the 30th overall pick and safety Terrence Kiel in the second round.

Davis was dreadful and was shipped to the 49ers for the equally woeful Woods. At least Davis remains in the NFL, and Kiel is battling for a starting position with the Chargers.

"I felt like it was good for us, and I'm sure they thought it was good for them," 49ers coach Mike Nolan said. "But ours is still holding up."

Smith wasn't available for comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes