PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R. Woods released

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard he likes fishing. Boston area is great sea food :) fishing..you know. he might like it here if we take him in

I think he has a couple of things going for him ex Charger and can be had at a reasonable price.

From what little I've seen of him, he does not look to be a crisp route runner and does not generate any separation. But he also had crappy QB's throwing him the ball.

This is a guy we could sign to a two year veteran minimum and put on the IR for 2006. That would give him a year on the fringe of our program while he purges San Francisco out of his system , then an entire off season with Drobol (spelling error?) to learn how to do things correctly. He could be a force in 2007.

Yeah have to admit Woods has been a bust thus far. Too bad, I liked him coming out of college. Well if the Pats pick him up it would be a reclamation project but hey... he has a chance to be better than John Stone :p

Ochmed Jones said:
From what little I've seen of him, he does not look to be a crisp route runner and does not generate any separation. But he also had crappy QB's throwing him the ball.

This is a guy we could sign to a two year veteran minimum and put on the IR for 2006. That would give him a year on the fringe of our program while he purges San Francisco out of his system , then an entire off season with Drobol (spelling error?) to learn how to do things correctly. He could be a force in 2007.
This makes a lot of sense! Too late for Woods, but still a great scheme (not that BB would ever scheme :D

Last edited:
Too bad...you could have had another Charger WR regect! Just kidding. I don't think you'd have wanted him since he apparently didn't have the desire to get it done. His passionis fishing and he's getting closer to doing that full time.

At least I heard that Caldwell is doing well for you guys and might even be a starter...I think he'll be a nice producer this season.

Woods failed his physical with the Broncos and was released.

The Broncos filled his roster spot with former Titans RB Damien Nash, who was released earlier this week as well.

Last edited:
pats1 said:

The Broncos filled his roster spot with former Titans RB Damien Nash, who was released earlier this week as well.

Could we claim him, then PUP or IR him?
Doubtful that the cap hit would be prohibitive, esp. since the pats have $10M+ burning a hole in their pocket.

pats1 said:

Maybe they will bring back Maurice Clarrett for another chance. He could compete with Cedric Cobbs who I understand is running about 5th team right now. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back